Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Uh oh. The Moral Guardians and Culture Police are here.
    Deflecting the issue VERY RARELY makes you smarter than those bringing up the issue. Just saying.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    That doesn't even look that "back-breaker-ish" to me. I think the angle she's drawn at has you overreacting...and you are overreacting.
    agreed this is ridiculous, her back itself isnt bent much at all, her very lower back and butt is arched out a little bit, but its completly logical when you consider her leg is proped far out to balance herself for the coming blows she is likely going to atempt to block

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Everyone is entilted to their opinions but I'm buying the book. Besides, have you seen some of the poses by Spidey? Legs wide open, crouched with his low hangers hanging low, his "stuff" out in the open.
    I KNOW RIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a little T&A fanservice so long as it doesn't become the focus of the book. I think this title will be just fine.
    agreed and this was hardly freaking fan service

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    I think only a very small minority would think that Misty looks monstrous in the panel in question. I'm not even a Misty fan, and I think she looks great there.
    agreed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Tired as hell of that pose. Any "martial arts" pose that's an excuse to get as much T&A in one shot as possible, really.
    whats wrong with this, yes yes "showing her ass reduces her to a object and not a character", my response here is the obvious, its a fight scene that probably wont even have any diologue, her character isnt the point of this scene, the point is to make the scene and characters involved as badass and enjoyable as possible. and her being in a badass, semi sexy pose accomplishes this IMO
    Last edited by Movieartman; 11-30-2012 at 04:33 PM.

BANNED

While i have no Problem with the pose, or any real problem with the chosen artist i REALLY wish the cover artist Mark Brooks was doing the interiors, he draws badass, attractive but non sexualized Female characters PERFECT most of the time

BANNED

As cool as Mark Brooks interiors would be, I don't think he could keep up with it.

You'd need to give him a year headstart...and probably still need a backup artist to interrupt here and there for a couple of issues. Then again, when writers like Bunn say in interviews that they'd done most of the writing well in advance. (Apparently, he's got, what...three, four arcs plotted out already?), a year's headstart wouldn't be too far out of the question...

still, I imagine there'd be a quality drop..though, gosh, those covers are gorgeous, just like the one he did for this first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    Deflecting the issue VERY RARELY makes you smarter than those bringing up the issue. Just saying.
    Who said I was claiming superior intellect? I'm well aware that there are people with annoying politically correct zealotry with higher SAT scores than me. "Just sayin'."

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

I have no issue with the linked image. Appreciate the further art s/d linked (looks good!) And will definately be buying this book.

Firstly, I just want to say that the art doesn't look that great to me (maybe I just need to see it colored). Secondly, I'm not looking forward to this book. I think selling a book based on the fact that it's an all female team is to gimmicky for my taste. I feel the same way about Birds of Prey, and I would say the same thing about a book that was marketed to be an all male team. Now on to the picture...

It looks like Misty is switching to some sort of fighting stance in the last panel which seems appropriate given the situation. Is she being objectified in this picture? I think so, but not necessarily in a bad way. I think the artist is trying to convey the fact that Misty is both sexy and dangerous which in my opinion is an accurate representation of that character. I think Misty herself (if she was real...lol) would say the same thing. Now keep in mind, I am only critiquing the picture posted and not the entire book. If it turns out that this book is just one huge over sexualised piece of garbage then my opinion would change. But as an isolated picture, I don't have any problems with it and frankly the OP's attention would be better spent attacking other artists whose work is more blatant (Greg Land......).
    Last edited by Voss; 12-01-2012 at 12:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Firstly, I just want to say that the art doesn't look that great to me (maybe I just need to see it colored). Secondly, I'm not looking forward to this book. I think selling a book based on the fact that it's an all female team is to gimmicky for my taste. I feel the same way about Birds of Prey, and I would say the same thing about a book that was marketed to be an all male team. Now on to the picture...

It looks like Misty is switching to some sort of fighting stance in the last panel which seems appropriate given the situation. Is she being objectified in this picture? I think so, but not necessarily in a bad way. I think the artist is trying to convey the fact that Misty is both sexy and dangerous which in my opinion is an accurate representation of that character. I think Misty herself (if she was real...lol) would say the same thing. Now keep in mind, I am only critiquing the picture posted and not the entire book. If it turns out that this book is just one huge over sexualised piece of garbage then my opinion would change. But as an isolated picture, I don't have any problems with it and frankly the OP's attention would be better spent attacking other artists whose work is more blatant (Greg Land......).
    It's funny because they keep mentioning that it's an all girl team is secondary. They have a way where this plot can be done that won't be forced. It's not so much an all girl team for the sake of an all girl team, but a team that always female superheroes to take the spotlight.

.....I really don't think that being discussed in a post on some tumblr counts as "a lot of attention." Someone clearly overvalues themselves.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

i know you all are talking about something else now but they always pose wolverine on covers like he is trying to take a shit in the woods.

This book looks awesome. Haters gonna hate. I choose to support it since I fear it will end up like Captain Britain and MI 13 or Avengers Academy. It's gonna be a great book that won't sell very well.

I want to support new ideas and different characters in my comics. I love Spider-Man, I love Wolverine, I'm sick of them in everything. My best comparison is Call of Duty video games, people buy them in droves and wonder why we get the same damn game every year. You have to support quality and things that are different or all we get is more of the same. Break the cycle people!

BANNED

Okay, this is amazing.

Someone I followed on Tumblr just posted this.

This stunning! Absolutely stunning!

Source: http://kaileighblue.tumblr.com/post/...-i-found-on-co

Nice, the coloring make it look even more amazing.