Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ElMacho View Post
    There are a few subtle (but important) corrections in the trade collection (particularly issues 3 and 10), so you'd be better off picking that up instead of the issues. If you have any questions while you're reading through it ask away here, and check out these annotations after each issue:

https://sites.google.com/site/deepsp...n-incorporated

you won't regret it!.
    Crud...I have not been paying close enough attention...I had no idea there was an Inc. #0. Crud crud crud...gotta find that!

What are the corrections in the trade?
    DOUG STRANGE
    The white crow who disturbs the convenient silence...

the explosion at the end... the deaths... one character still has an ongoing book...?

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Can everyone who has freaked out and felt the need to post "This will NEVER be the future! I don't care what Morrison thinks he can push this isn't THE FUTURE!!!!" chill out now? You know, now that it's been explicitly stated that this is a future they'd like to (and will) avoid?
    Well I never considered it the future in the first place so I was never worried or freaked by it. I always and will always just considered it an Elseworlds story. That's what this whole story is to me. No need for me to be worried about any of the characters since they are all still fine in the regular universe.

Veteran Member

Best issue of Batman Inc.? Best issue of Batman Inc. indeed.

I love stories about possible apocalictic futures and this issue delivered that and more, so much more. The premise of Damian gone wrong is greatly played here and it also touches several themes of Morrison's run. Impressive.

I also loved the image of Barbara in wheelchair shooting Batman as a homage to the Killing Joke, Chris Burham is brilliant.

I wish I felt the same way as everyone else about this issue. I love the series, but I thought this issue was just a 5 or a 6. I was hoping for something similar quality-wise to the excellent Talia centered 2nd issue, but this one just seemed a little lacking. There were a couple revelations but overall a quick read that didn't accomplish a lot.

I really like this issue at all,I just dont understand how Talia could do all that.I also did'nt understand the Dr's role and his connection to Talia.It makes no sense at all,the Joker reference also left me scratching my head.

Wow, this spambot is particularly persistent.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Goddamn you Morrison, damn you! *shakes fist* You broke my heart.

My favorite panel was the one after spoilers:
    Barbara turned evil and shot Batman just like in TKJ
    end of spoilers and Damian's cat just looks at him innocently, like what's wrong with you?

I reread Batman 666 just before going into this one, and I think I caught all the references to the original.
    Loved this issue. Easily the best issue of Batman Inc ever.

BTW isn't spoilers:
    Dr. Hurt supposed to be dead?
    end of spoilers
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    BTW isn't spoilers:
    Dr. Hurt supposed to be dead?
    end of spoilers
    Nope. Just spoilers:
    buried alive.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Jesus christ, can someone please deal with this bot?

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

EDIT: Spambots gone. Cool

But seriously, this issue was absolutely fantastic, and seeing Dr. Hurt again brought a huge smile on my face.
    Last edited by Double 0; 11-28-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    the explosion at the end... the deaths... one character still has an ongoing book...?
    Not a single confirmed death, and ability to escape (barely) from explosions and death is a hallmark in Batman. Talia survived being blown to smithereens back in the fourth issue of Morrison's run (Damian survived, at the behest of modern science). For another example; see Scott Snyder's third issue of Batman.

It wouldn't come across as a huge shock if Morrison upped the stakes and let this explosion take out Freight Train, maybe Halo of the Outsiders, but don't count on Batwing, Knight or Squire being taken out of the game. (And Looker as a vampire seems like she'd survive, too.)

Meanwhile, what an issue. And hard to analyze, too.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Brilliant issue, not much I can add to this thread. Basically this and Batman #666 sum up what Batman saw in the cave. Damian doomed Gotham the moment he sold his soul when he was 18.

It was interesting to see Kali on the cliff hanger, not sure how it's going to be used in the story.

I thought Dr. Hurt was only going to have a small role in the finale, but Morrison's going to have to address why Batman still thinks this future is still possible.

BANNED

The only thing I wonder though is - Does Damian becoming Batman itself doom Gotham or is it the premature deaths of Bruce and Dick that lead Damian the wrong way.