Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'll give the second issue a try. But this is a series that for me I'm not sure if I want to read it, especially when there's other titles I want to read more and enjoyed the #1 issues a lot more.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    More evidence it was pulled out of an editorial ass sometime early Spring?
    Oh, yes, as evidenced by the lack of time Cassaday got- for comparison sake, it was only in the second AXM arc in which the delays begun to happen. Somewhere, Breevort or someone at Marvel probably thought "X-men makes $$$- Avengers make $$$. If we put a book that has Avengers and X-men, it will make $$$$$$! We need to make one NOW!"
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

BANNED

Fingers crossed for lots of troll material. Only thing this book is good for.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    lolwhut?

Cassady's art is gorgeous. He draws a horribly beautiful Red Skull. Although if you're referring to the delays, yeah.
    Uh, why don't you read Comicvine review then comment after.. and No cassady's art isn't all that great IMHO

If this will become a Second Rogue Solo

Avenging Rogue or Uncanny Rogue i paided , The new Friends of old Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the x-men are not properly represented in this book. it was suppose to be an even blend and is not happening.
    Uh by the sounds of it, it's the X-men part who are getting more page time at the moment.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

I'll read the first arc and give it a chance, but so far, I find this book overrated.

I'm reading it mostly for Thor, who unfortunately, sounds like a complete moron in the preview.
    After reading his speech in the issue for #2, I hope I see a reaction after seeing him going through a similar mind control
    when issue #4 happens

Only proves my point, Thor is used best in his solo

The rest of the cast I honestly could care less about right now. I would have been cheering for Rogue but after Wanda saved her from Merman, its apparent they'll be BFFs soon. Dunno, I'm not finding anything original about this book. Almost predictable. Nothing I haven't read about in the past. Even when Xavier's Brain was removed, I found it more to be overkill than shocking. Like Remender is trying to put more focus on shock value than story. I had the same reaction with his Savage Six Story in the Venom Series.

I know my opinion is Thor heavy, but I try to avoid the Avenger Boards. The atmosphere over there feels like a Republican Convention
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 11-27-2012 at 03:12 PM.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I'd say its worth the wait, given the quality of his art.
    When all the girls look half-asleep and all the boys look like Ralphie from A Christmas Story? Not really.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    When all the girls look half-asleep and all the boys look like Ralphie from A Christmas Story? Not really.
    Lol 10101010

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the x-men are not properly represented in this book. it was suppose to be an even blend and is not happening.
    It's an Avengers office book, so they likely don't have free reign to use who they please from the X-men. There has to be a line somewhere. As it is, Rogue, Havok, Cannonball and Sunspot have been claimed. Namor as well, perhaps. Genesis will go eventually too.

BANNED

I don't think they picked the right cast of characters from either franchise for this book.

Avengers side
    Thor: X-Men fans loved reading him getting his butt whooped by various X-Men and most especially by Emma Frost of the White Crown.
    Captain America: led the forces against the X-Men and pushed Scott into a physical confrontation by not discussing options and being confrontational.
    Scarlet Witch: M-Day and Decimation.

X-Men
    Wolverine: Mugga-Uncle Tom. Wanted to kill Hope then not, and then kill her again, and then not...again. Also, blatantly lying about the Phoenix and the X-Men to the Avengers because he had a grudge against Scott.
    Rogue: Angst is her character, regardless of being in control of her powers or not. She's the X-Men's Bella Swan and treats everything like an after school special.
    Havok: One of the least popular characters, by X-Men fan standards and called his brother a "delusional egoist." In addition, He's another mugga.

It isn't the art or the writing, it is the fact these characters are not going to mix well because they don't really have anything to mix together with under the current situation.

Suggestions for improvement.

1. ditch the Rogue vs. Thor shit, have Rogue and Logan threaten and attempt to kill Wanda on missions regardless of being on the same team.
    2. Havok grow a pair and start giving Cap shit.
    3. Havok/Wanda romance to mess around with Lorna's head. Why? Gives Lorna an excuse to go Crazy Popo again.
    4. Have some of the members go out to a bar and get shitfaced drunk and have, oh...Rogue and Wanda wake up in bed together, naked.
    5. Get rid of Logan and get someone better.
    6. Havok comes out of the closet and tells Cap he wants to be his bottom. Sorry, I like LGBT in my comics.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    I don't think they picked the right cast of characters from either franchise for this book.

Suggestions for improvement.

1. ditch the Rogue vs. Thor shit, have Rogue and Logan threaten and attempt to kill Wanda on missions regardless of being on the same team.
    2. Havok grow a pair and start giving Cap shit.
    3. Havok/Wanda romance to mess around with Lorna's head. Why? Gives Lorna an excuse to go Crazy Popo again.
    4. Have some of the members go out to a bar and get shitfaced drunk and have, oh...Rogue and Wanda wake up in bed together, naked.
    5. Get rid of Logan and get someone better.
    6. Havok comes out of the closet and tells Cap he wants to be his bottom. Sorry, I like LGBT in my comics.
    I love all of these suggestions! This book would sell off the charts if they did these.

I would add that they need to add real X-Men Villans. I know they said Apocalypse would show up, (Which I think is the A from the first X-Force series the one from the future that arch angel revived to stop Stryfe not genesis from uncanny xforce/WATXM). But I just dont see Red Skull as anything but Cap's rival. I want Sinister, Mystique and AOA Nightcrawler, Bastion, or even Cyclops/Magneto as atagonists for this team.

fod, do you have some analysis on Sunfire, Wonder Man and Wasp?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    fod, do you have some analysis on Sunfire, Wonder Man and Wasp?
    Not really, I haven't followed any of those characters. No interest in any of them because I've read very little of their respective adventures. Also, not an Avengers fan, so that automatically eliminates Wonder Man and Wasp. I only watched the Avengers movie because my sister was a fan of Joss Whedon and Robert Downey Jr. She also told me that Robert Downey Jr. had a lot of creative control over his own script and what he could include and ad-lib.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Fod, where are you getting "Emma Frost of the white crown"? At her highest level, she was still only a Cadet-phoenix. Maybe less than that even, since she never got as much of the power as Alternate Quire.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.