Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    Actually, in the first appearance of the Sentinels, Xavier was able to interfere with their electronic processes using his telepathy, or something like that. It's been a while since I read it. That was back when he was described as having so much telepathic power that he could influence physical objects with sheer energy use. His hair all fell out from all the energy his brain was creating and he prevented himself from dying in a car crash by engulfing himself in so much telepathic energy that it absorbed some of the impact. Of course, the movie Xavier has been shown to be much weaker than the comics Xavier...
    Nah, that was in Silver Age, so it doesn't count; it wasn't until later than the use of powers and their limits became more grounded and begun to make sense.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    However they play it, I think it will take its cues from Abrams' Star Trek reboot.

Your original trilogy still happened, but history has branched off in a different direction now for the cast of First Class.
    I'd be fine with that.

This is pretty awesome news regardless, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this means the future is the X-Men 1-3. Sounds like this is going to be good.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Hah, I totally forgot about Xavier biting the big one in X3. So, I wonder if Stewart and Gandalf's characters will be pre-X3?
    Xavier transferred his consciousness into the comatose patient's body in the post-credits scene...and the guy looks similar to Stewart from a distance if memory serves.

Regardless, Stewart and McKellen probably represent altered future Xavier and Magneto.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

So much for First Class being a reboot. While I like McKellan, I do not think he's is a remotely good Magneto and he has an ugly helmet. Especially compared to this piece of badassery-

Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So much for First Class being a reboot. While I like McKellan, I do not think he's is a remotely good Magneto and he has an ugly helmet. Especially compared to this piece of badassery-

See I liked the trilogys helmet better, and that costume right there wasnt too hot either in my opinion.

Double post oops.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Actually, this has the potential to make First Class a total reboot, given that time travel is involved. They'll probably leave it open-ended or branch off into their own parallel dimension.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

So much for First Class being a reboot.
    You say that as if First Class was meant to be a reboot. It was always a prequel, never a reboot. However, it did retcon a couple things here and there and basically ignored X3 and Wolverine. But it was never meant to reboot the series as if X1 and X2 didn't happen.

I'm deeply surprised and disappointed to see how many x-fans liked any of the movies. First Class was so bad it felt insulting. Everything about that movie saddened me greatly.
    Holy crap I waited so long for this and I have no idea what to say

Really? I thought Magneto's FC outfit looked so silly it pulled me right out of the scene, even if it only showed up for like 3 seconds. Hoping for a redesign.

They should have stuck with the First Class Universe and forget about the rest. Of course by bringing Singer along, it was predictable he would bring the stuff he did back, they are his babies after all.

The only way I would approve the new turn of events would be if present-day Xavier and Magneto are killed and young Magneto and Xavier are brought in the present day. Sort of like what Bendis is doing with the original X-Men.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

I never understood people's love for first class. Poorly executed villains, bad fight scenes, awful mystique. Fassbender was the only redeeming element in an otherwise sunday night tv movie version of an x-men movie. X-2 despite all it's flaws will always remain the best X-men movie.

No that scene proved that Singer was right on why the a direct appadation of the Comic Costumes would looked bad
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    They should have stuck with the First Class Universe and forget about the rest. Of course by bringing Singer along, it was predictable he would bring the stuff he did back, they are his babies after all.
    You're right, they should have stuck with the stuff Bryan Singer did (First Class) instead of bring back the stuff Bryan Singer did (X-Men and X2).

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You're right, they should have stuck with the stuff Bryan Singer did (First Class) instead of bring back the stuff Bryan Singer did (X-Men and X2).
    The time travel stuff was all in the mix back when Vaughn was supposed to be the director so I'm baffled as to how any of this indicates that Singer is hijacking the production and "bringing back his stuff".