Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Darkseid vs. Megatron

Let's see who's more powerful in these powerful space tyrants.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Darkseid stomps?

Darkseid stomps.

Too strong, too durable, too much versatility, etc.

Veteran Member

Is there any version of Megatron who happens to pack great cosmic power?

Because if the answer is not, I guess that only animated Darkseid is gonna be beatable for the versions of Megatron I am familiar with.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Even then you have a guy who was tough enough to take hits from a class 90 or so dude, so it wouldn't be that easy.

Darkseid wins.Big time.

Eye beams of doom!!!!!!

The figure in grey regarded the grey-and-black machine.

The massive machine smirked at the much smaller humanoid.

"A formal surrender. I haven't had the honour of one for literally eons."

The figure tilted his head to examine other machines in the distance; shifting shape into humanoid configurations.

"Are you all of the same race?"

"Why should I tell you, fleshbag?"

"It appears that you are. Machines given life by your inner core, upgrading and evolving around it."

Megatron found his hand reaching up over his spark chamber. This creature's knowledge made him a candidate for termination.

"In order to secure the resources needed for survival and operation, you engage in conquest. First on your homeworld, and when that was exhausted, you spread outward."

"Power to attain power."

The creature looked Megatron dead in the optics; his eyes started to glow.

"You are misinformed. Let me demonstrate what is Power."

Two eyebeams instantly stabbed Megatron where his hand had been instinctively trying to cover earlier. Any observer might find it odd that while the beams did not physically penetrate the metal body of the massive robot, the shriek of pain and electrical coruscations the same shade as the creature's eyebeams indicated some form of effect.

The eyebeams, while penetrating the machine, passed through it's back, turning at impossible right angles and piercing the nearest other Decepticon in the same manner.

And the next.

And the next.

Until all were one in their agony.

Darkseid of Apokolips regarded the machine in front of him.

"I have replaced your sparks with something more durable. More ... receptive to instructions."

Darkseid smiled.

"I have given you Power. While taking it."

Darkseid regarded his new, personal army.

"Now before we discuss your next target ... it has been literally eons since I had the honour of someone swearing their blind obedience to me."

With an expression of utter despair, the massive grey-and-black machine knelt before the grey figure.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Adrian! Dude!

Glad to see you're still kicking around man!
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Is there any version of Megatron who happens to pack great cosmic power?
    Megatron in the Alternity continuity

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/alt...te-pearl-4339/
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/alt...nic-blue-4794/

"Foreshadows"

Megatron wielded his power like a malevolent deity and destroyed many galaxies. But each invasive assault he had conducted from the outer dimension was restored and invalidated by the guardians of the multi-dimensional universe, Alternity.
    The aggregate of Megatrons waged war against the main body of Alternity. They stood on a circular frame of the Planicrons’ universe and exchanged lightning of thrashing blades held in their multiple arms. Megatron summoned 6 Hytherions out of the void and they, too, attacked Alternity.

Note by SydneyY - According to the author, this higher dimensional battle is, "Impossible to describe with words"
    Hytherion is a time-traveling entity that eats the origins of objects. He was about to consume a galaxy in its infancy, and would've erased it from existence. There's also the fact that this version of Megatron is actually fused with Hytherion.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ace_of_Swords/src

Then, as if a silver liquid were oozing onto the black fabric of space, Hytherion, the Beast of Time, appeared in the third dimension! Normal optical senses would have needed millions of years to view the spectacle, but with the super-senses he'd borrowed from the Alternity, Cliff was able to catch sight of his enemy's form in realtime.

Its ultra-gigantic body masked an entire quadrant of the galaxy, vastly greater than any "beast" he'd encountered before. Yet even as he locked up in fear, Cliff recalled the advice he'd received from the Alternity: "He is strong even when small." In other words, Hytherion's "size" changed depending on its permeation level into three-dimensional space, but its strength was fixed, no matter how great or small that level was.
    Alternity Megatron, aka Megatherion, shaking universes with his dying roar in Alternation:

The Planicrons gradually changed their indefinable shape to something somewhat more humanoid, and hit the now defenceless Megatherion with the same attack as the one Megatron used against the Alternity before. The Beast of Time gave out a roar that shook many universes and exploded, taking the aggregate consciousness of Megatrons with it.
    Last edited by Crimson Dragoon; 11-28-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    20:25 OnimaruXLR: i thought i had seen everything
    20:26 OnimaruXLR: and then i saw someone use a sarlaac pit and an x-wing to simulate sexual penetration in a star wars mmo

Any thread with Adrian Tullberg's flash fiction is a good thread. ^^
    More seriously...Some versions of Megatron might stand a halfway reasonable chance against the DCAU version of Darkseid. Even then, though, it'd be an uphill battle for Megs. (...and now i suddenly have an image of Megatron fighting Darkseid with the trick he used in "Heavy Metal War".)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dragoon View Post
    Megatron in the Alternity continuity

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/alt...te-pearl-4339/
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/alt...nic-blue-4794/

Hytherion is a time-traveling entity that eats the origins of objects. He was about to consume a galaxy in its infancy, and would've erased it from existence. There's also the fact that this version of Megatron is actually fused with Hytherion.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ace_of_Swords/src

Alternity Megatron, aka Megatherion, shaking universes with his dying roar in Alternation:
    Huh, learn something new everyday I guess.

And knowing is half the battle
    20:25 OnimaruXLR: i thought i had seen everything
    20:26 OnimaruXLR: and then i saw someone use a sarlaac pit and an x-wing to simulate sexual penetration in a star wars mmo

The other half is lasers. Fortunately, both Darkseid and Megatron have those so we're set.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dragoon View Post
    And knowing is half the battle
    Wrong cartoon...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Wrong cartoon...
    Incorrect. Transformers did a bunch of "Knowing is half the battle," PSAs.

This is my favourite. Kid tries to run away from home for non-specific reasons. Bumblebee stops him.

Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Incorrect. Transformers did a bunch of "Knowing is half the battle," PSAs.

This is my favourite. Kid tries to run away from home for non-specific reasons. Bumblebee stops him.

He said his parents were being mean. If thats not a reason to leave your home I don't know what is.
    Also love the kids non-reaction to a giant robot appearing in front of them...