View Poll Results: Which cross-over was your favorite?

Voters
18. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Spider-Men

11 61.11%
  • Ultimate Power

7 38.89%

Default Spider-Men or Ultimate Power

The Ultimate Universe has had some cross-overs in it's time, like Spider-Men and Ultimate Power, as well as some lesser known ones like the time that Reed discovered the Zombie-verse or him and Tony discovered the world on fire and took that Universe' Tony's head and kept it in a box, or even the time-travel story to the alternate Post-Ultimatum future where it was Sue instead of Reed that became evil.

This poll strictly focus' on Spider-Men and Ultimate Power, since they actually had their own mini-series focusing on them. Which was your favorite between the two? Spider-Men had the first ever 616/Ultimate Team-Up between two very different Spider-Men and included one of the best villains in Ultimate Spidey's Rogues Gallery who ended up actually being the well-known Mysterio from 616. It had lots of emotional moments and was strongly focused on Spidey and his closely related status quo. On the other hand Ultimate Power, continuity and timeline placement issues aside, was more large-scale and involved all the major players of the UU as well as the awesome Supremeverse. Ironically both cross-overs resulted in at least one character being stuck in the opposite universe (Fury/Zarda in Ultimate Power and Mysterio in Spider-Men, which I can't wait for an update on this in a future arc of Ultimate Spidey or even Spider-Men 2, I might add). Ultimate Power was also the closest at the time to a 616/Ultimate encounter, or at least being aware of each other: When the original Squadron Supreme Universe was brought into the battle, one of the characters (a Skrull woman I believe) mentions that they once encountered Captain America and the Avengers when they visited yet another alternate universe, which was 616. It may have been a second-hand sort of cross-over but it was the closest there was until Spider-Men.
    Last edited by Balfro; 11-27-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Ultimate Power was a lot better than Spider-Men in my opinion. I think this might have been different if Spider-Men had a few extra issues to tell it's story, but that wasn't the case. Wolverine vs Hyperion was awesome.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I thought Ultimate Power was kinda a mess and somewhat confusing esp with so many characters popping up. My cousin who I showed it too was completely confused lol. I enjoyed the emotional pull in Spidermen more.

I voted Spider-Men because I thought it was an easier story to get into, but I did enjoy the consequences of Ultimate Power by bringing back Doom, finally putting Fury in his place (even though it was for only a bit), and kinda establishing how Reed could upset the balance of multiple universes.

I prefer Ultimate Power because it has a lot of good and explosive moments, thougth most of players acted out of character, and Loeb fucked almost everything in the end. On the other hand, Spider Men had strond dramatic and funny moments, but screwed Ultimate Mysterio for me, and was kind of predictable, it wasn't everything that Bendis promised!

I enjoyed Spider-Men more, but I liked them both. But in the end I had problems with them both; Ultimate Power's ending felt rushed and Spider-Men felt too short.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Nothing even happened in spider-men...

Spidermen was more character driven. It was more about what the characters learned from this interaction and how it will help them grow moving forward. Ultimate Power was explosions, fighting, craziness and Greg Land faces.