Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Everything I have heard about it suggests Rucka pitched the idea to DC as a year long arc involving Diana, Clark, and Bruce. DC green lighted it then bailed.

But at least Azzarello has no major creative differences with Johns in how they write the character and intergrate her in the wider world.

Oh wait...
    I don't think the differences between Azz and Johns’ development of Wonder Woman will be too much of a problem. In all likelihood Azz will be allowed to finish his run and then all the character work he's done on Diana will be tossed out the window in favour of Johns’ version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    I don't think the differences between Azz and Johns’ development of Wonder Woman will be too much of a problem. In all likelihood Azz will be allowed to finish his run and then all the character work he's done on Diana will be tossed out the window in favour of Johns’ version.
    And the dim will inherit the Earth...

Oh, this is a serious thread....
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jestersjoker View Post
    One can only hope.
    You'd rather have Johns' vapid, violent idiot? Different strokes, different folks I guess...

You'd rather have Johns' vapid, violent idiot? Different strokes, different folks I guess...
    I hate Azz's version of Wonder Woman
    I have not bought a WW comic for over a year
    I am really hoping that a new writer will undue what Azz has done.
    I really want to start buying her book again.
    but that's me, different strokes

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    This is a perfect example of what I used to love about Diana as Wonder Woman, and why I really do not care at all about the current Xenia the Wonder Warrior Princess. It's been 2+/2- for me with the New 52 in that I've loved getting Batgirl back along with the changes to Alan Scott's Green Lantern, but am saddened by the loss of purity in spirit and frankly intellect in both Wonder Woman and Shazam.
    I hear you batGRRRl4ever. No doubt its because we are old and dont understand what is edgy and cool.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Fair enough. But I really don't think you'll like Johns Wonder Woman either, unless your idea of a good WW is a socially inept moron who goes into rages, hacks up her team mates and happily regales you with tales about how she cuts peoples heads off. She's a charming lady.

I'm assumng that when she starts slicing up Atlanteans she'll bath in their blood and eat their hearts to gain their courage.

BANNED

I really hope you read JL to know what you're getting as a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I really hope you read JL to know what you're getting as a replacement.
    In fairness to JJ, is he saying John's version is better? Or just that he dislikes Azzarello's. Which, after all, the JL WW is loosely based on.
    Last edited by brettc1; 12-29-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

BANNED

In fairness to JJ, he didn't say he liked Johns writing, did he? Just that he dislikes Azzarello's.
    That may be, but if we end up with Johns' version and he hates it even more?

In fairness to JJ, is he saying John's version is better? Or just that he dislikes Azzarello's. Which, after all, the JL WW is loosely based on.
    Very loosely. What do they have in common? Apart from name and looks.

In what sense do you feel the JL Wonder Woman is loosely based on Azzarello's version?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Guess its all win for me. I like both versions. Prefer a meshing of the two but whatever I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    In what sense do you feel the JL Wonder Woman is loosely based on Azzarello's version?
    They have mentioned several times she is apparently the daughter of Zeus. They also have put in bits from her own book with her mother being turned to clay and the Amazons anti-male sentiments.

On the other hand, I dont think anyone who aread Azzarello's run for any length of time would say that his his Wonder Woman would try to hack up a companion with a sword. I would say she would also be unlikely to do the kind of revenge killing we saw John's WW attempt in JL #12.

So while Johns has clearly taken elements of the story that Azzarello is writing, he writes the character very differently. Hence, "loosely based".