Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    Hey DRZ, how do you explain Millar's other errors: Nerd Hulk and his Gamma Radiation line, the Arc Reactor, and Maximus being ultimized twice.

Because I think those examples are clear evidence of Millar not really giving a shit about Ultimate Avengers.
    I thought Nerd Hulk made UC: Avengers 3 a bit more enjoyable. I love seeing all the different ways a Hulk can be taken down, even in full rage. Turning him into a vampire and then exposing him to sunlight was prett epic, I thought.

As for the Gamma Radiation line, he only said he worked in Gamma radiation, which he most likely did. Not that he had been exposed to it.

It's been while since I read the series. What happened with the arc reactor and who's Maximus?

If UA3 end fight scene was longer with panels showing Perin taking out a few dozen vampires, and if kid Daredevil and Stick had been left out of the book, it would have been excellent. Seriously.

I don't know why so many fans hate on Ultimate Avengers 3 when at the time New Ultimates was being released which was much, MUCH worse. New Ultimates was so bad in made me consider dropping comics altogether, out of disgust for discovering such childish, shitty literature by a highly paid professional comicbook writer and by one of the two biggest comicbook publishers IN THE WORLD, and experiencing an ending that was so horribly disappointing, and so dreadfully lacklustre, even though it should have been the easiest thing in the world to make Thor's resurrection and the ensuing conflict feel epic. But instead it went limp like a floppy cock or like a balloon losing all its air. It was depressing and the confusing dialogue boxes popping up everywhere furthermore made the book a real struggle to push through. It was a real chore reading it.

Ultimate Avengers Versus New Ultimates is the only Mark Millar Ultimate book I dislike.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 12-04-2012 at 08:40 PM.

BANNED

I originally believed Flumm was going to return in this arc. But now that Scorpio has been revealed as the leader of the Hydra community, I think it is now very unlikey.

I want Flumm to return (perhaps as a general of the Hydra army) because I want Captain Britain and She-Hulk to return. He captured them, and as far as we know, they have not been freed. Captain Britain is supposedly stronger than anyone on the SHIELD database, possessing incalcuble levels of power. It was set up by Hickman that he was to unleash his true potential.

Now it's as if Hickman's set up has all gone completely ignored. I thought this coninuation of the Hydra conflict was his chance to rectify his mistakes and bring back these 'pending' characters, finishing off the Flumm storyline the way it should have ended. Now it looks like Humphries has no interest in doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Now it's as if Hickman's set up has all gone completely ignored. I thought this coninuation of the Hydra conflict was his chance to rectify his mistakes and bring back these 'pending' characters, finishing off the Flumm storyline the way it should have ended. Now it looks like Humphries has no interest in doing that.
    I actually thought it was quite obvious that Humphries had no interest at all in continuing things Hickman set up. The Flumm subplot was just abruptly ended in a very lazy fashion, just so he can get that out of the way.

Shame, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I want Flumm to return (perhaps as a general of the Hydra army) because I want Captain Britain and She-Hulk to return. He captured them, and as far as we know, they have not been freed. Captain Britain is supposedly stronger than anyone on the SHIELD database, possessing incalcuble levels of power. It was set up by Hickman that he was to unleash his true potential.
    I too am very interested to see Captain Britain's true potential. I wonder though, how is Jamie so powerful? I mean, his suit is essentially the same as Braddock's, but without the cancer causing elements, right?
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    I actually thought it was quite obvious that Humphries had no interest at all in continuing things Hickman set up. The Flumm subplot was just abruptly ended in a very lazy fashion, just so he can get that out of the way.

Shame, I know.
    It is a shame. But I still hold out for these things. I think if Flumm returned it would make the next arc and even the entire run seem a little better.

I too am very interested to see Captain Britain's true potential. I wonder though, how is Jamie so powerful? I mean, his suit is essentially the same as Braddock's, but without the cancer causing elements, right?
    So it would seem. ;)

Just want to point out; the EDI have actual powers and have been enhanced genetically. They have been injected with a not so good version of Captain America's Super Soldier serum. I think the suits only enable flight.

Marvel's March 2013 solicitations, released on Wednesday, compared one major surprise in the form of the Ultimate Comics Ultimates #22 cover, which featured a character that strongly resembled the classic version of Nick Fury.

Turns out, that's actually the cover to #21, out in February. To learn more, we asked Marvel if Dave Bullock's cover was meant to be taken literallly, and also if there was an amount of deliberate symmetry being explored, now that a new Nick Fury clearly inspired by the Ultimate version is firmly entrenched in the Marvel Universe.

Here's what Ultimate Comics Ultimates editor Mark Paniccia told us:

The face on the cover literally appears in the issue.
    The first clues appear in Ultimates issue 19.
    There are more clues in the history of in the Ultimate Universe.
    In the world according to [series writer Sam Humphries], the Ultimate Universe Nick Fury is the "classic" Nick Fury.
    There's no deliberate symmetry, it's just another example of the MU trying to be as cool as the UU! Hahaha.
    Hail Hydra.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/clas...tes-cover.html

Don't really like the whole arc being on the side of the cover thing, but understand why it's being done. Wonder if that 2.99 is a mistake though?

On Vacation

Hmm interesting. I actually do like the cover a little better. lol That Reconstruction Banner and the black Ultimates title really made it look much better. I still stand by my thoughts on how weird the costume is but the cover looks good now. I am pretty sure that this is just black nick fury disguised as a white nick fury. Because he is on the run. also because of the "There are more clues in the history of in the Ultimate Universe."

BANNED

I think the clue in Ultimates #19 will be Fury saying he'll be going DEEP undercover, and that is all. More clues in the Ultimate Universe? Would that be Ultimate Doomsday by any chance?

EDIT: Nice to see the new Ultimate banners again. I hope they stay around for a very long time.

Honestly, I'm really excited about Ultimates. I think Humphries is gonna do well on his own thing.
    Comics are more better.

Man, story aside, I REALLY dig that cover.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

There's no doubt that the cover is beautiful. The colors, the retro feel, etc. But I still hate to see White Fury (hey that sounds like a cool codename all on it's own :P) in the UU. Here's hoping that the first 3 pages in the next issue of Ultimates is any clue to the sort of quality we are supposed to expect, and that White Fury not only makes sense, but doesn't come off as forced or dumb. If it's Black Fury in his disguise, then great. Except we've seen that already and it looked NOTHING like on that cover. However, Mark did say that the FACE was indeed in the book, but didn't mention the costume... So perhaps he'll be wearing the trenchcoat again like in Ultimate Doomsday, assuming, of course, that this is in fact Black Fury in disguise.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Just noticed he has the 616 Shield logo on his arm. I don't really like the cover at all.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I honestly think this is the best the ULTIMATES logo has looked since the relaunch. It's always been so "bleh" and plain, now it actually has some dimension to it and the black really makes it seem fierce, while all the reds and yellows and whatever it's been so far have been kind of cartoony. Plus black really works with that shade of lime green. Very sharp.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I told you guys it was a sexy cover. /righteousbrag
    Comics are more better.