Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Just going to say haven't all of the covers to the Ultimates been lies and wrong? None of the characters for the Ultimates are wearing the correct outfit.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    Just going to say haven't all of the covers to the Ultimates been lies and wrong? None of the characters for the Ultimates are wearing the correct outfit.
    Having 616 Fury on the cover without having him in the issue would be even more stupid than having him in the issue...
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

condemning an issue based on a cover is stupid, regardless of the author.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    condemning an issue based on a cover is stupid, regardless of the author.
    Considering even the issues that had good covers sucked I think we are all justified in our condemning...
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    It used to be such a prestigious opportunity, now it seems like writers like Humphries and even Millar (on Ultimate Avengers) just wanted out so they wrote as poorly as they could.
    Quit spewing bullshit. Mark Millar could have easily left Ultimate Avengers unfinished with all the bullshit Jeph Loeb pulled limiting access of Ultimates and other characters, but the man did what he promised, deliver 24 issues of action packed Avengers action, despite getting limits with characters.

Humphries has full access to the Ultimates, he just clearly doesn't care about Ultimate Marvel like Jeph Loeb and is doing his own take.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Definitely the latter for me. At least the lead up to Giant Hulk was awesome. And really, even some of the stuff Humphries started there was solid; I really liked the tumor at the time. In fact, that conversation on the roof is still one of my favorite Tony moments. Unfortunately, that idea went down the crapper with absurdity.
    I hereby challange you to re-read Ultimates #9-12 now that you've seen how bad Humphries is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What is worse to you, Hulk going Giant Man, or the Ultimate Avengers going Hulk via pills?
    Hulk going Giant Man was stupid in many levels, especially with his pants also becoming giant somehow. Ultimate Avengers continued the trend of Ultimates 1-2 with the militirizations of superheroes, Hulk becoming more accessible was something that would have happened realisticly in Ultimate Marvel sooner or later, it was *the* most powerful weapon out there.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

No matter how much you don't like Humphries, you haven't read this issue yet. Stop being so angry, people!
    Comics are more better.

Humphries is the new Loeb, you just haven't realized it yet.

PS. I actually decided to take a quick peek at his Facebook fan page and Tumblr, the guy has stopped talking about his Ultimate Marvel work since #17 of Ultimates, let's hope he's asking Alex Alonso to get out of Ultimates asap so we can get a new writer.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Quit spewing bullshit.
    First of all, it's not bullshit. The gradual decline in quality from Ultimate Avengers 1 to Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates was very apparent and Millar said himself that he wanted to focus on MillarWorld and the only thing holding him back was his Ultimate Avengers work. Also, he was being a dick by bringing characters back to life and changing continuity overly-freely just because someone else played with his toys while he was gone. He was being a jerk at the expense of us the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Mark Millar could have easily left Ultimate Avengers unfinished with all the bullshit Jeph Loeb pulled limiting access of Ultimates and other characters, but the man did what he promised, deliver 24 issues of action packed Avengers action, despite getting limits with characters.
    Quit spewing bullshit. Writers can't just up and leave when they are contractually obligated to complete a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    No matter how much you don't like Humphries, you haven't read this issue yet. Stop being so angry, people!
    This is true, we really should be patient and wait for the issue before passing judgement. However, it might as well be the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man on the cover because what is shown does not belong in the UU. This is what I am complaining about, not so much the story. The story might end up being amazing, but with 616 Fury in it it already feels cheapened.

Question for the thread? Who would you like to see take over Ultimates?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Brian Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Brian Wood.
    yeah. it would be great to have wood be in charge of UU, with Bendis doing his thing on USM. Based on what I read from him so far he has just the right qualities to write Ultimates. I don`t think he will, as he`s writing quite a few books already. Also, as far as I know, Gillen isn`t writing all that much right now? That could work. Or perhaps bring Joe Casey back to comics? (Wildcats 3.0 was straight out of UU)

However, I will be content with merely Humphries being gone.
    All-time Favs: Ultimate Marvel, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets, Ex Machina, Grant Morrison, Saga...

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by pinq09 View Post
    yeah. it would be great to have wood be in charge of UU, with Bendis doing his thing on USM. Based on what I read from him so far he has just the right qualities to write Ultimates. I don`t think he will, as he`s writing quite a few books already. Also, as far as I know, Gillen isn`t writing all that much right now? That could work. Or perhaps bring Joe Casey back to comics? (Wildcats 3.0 was straight out of UU)

However, I will be content with merely Humphries being gone.
    The fact that Wood writes Cap better then Humphries is an indicator of how good he is.

Brian Wood is the best choice.

I wouldn't mind seeing Paul Cornell's take on the Ultimates. I'd expect him to bring the title back to an international scope like Hickman and Millar. Only been announced for one marvel title so I can keep my fingers crossed.

Rick Remender. That man is amazing with teams.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!