Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Nice to no he is a nice guy. Still this is just terrible in no way is that a half black and half Asian baby. This is just a step to far no way am I buying anymore Ultimates
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    He has to know. You know what makes me a little sad, I met him at Comic-Con this last summer and he was a really nice guy. Took the time to chat with me and I was looking forward to him being on the book. I still think he is a nice guy, but I wish him success somewhere else.
    I'm sure he's a nice guy and I don't mean to bash the guy, but his stories and characterizations are not right for this title. Like, he couldn't be more off the mark "not right". I'll be interested to see how his Uncanny X-Force does, which is another dark themed title.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    I'm sure he's a nice guy and I don't mean to bash the guy, but his stories and characterizations are not right for this title. Like, he couldn't be more off the mark "not right". I'll be interested to see how his Uncanny X-Force does, which is another dark themed title.
    Oh god, I had forgotten for a moment that he was taking over my favorite book. You just ruined my day lol.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    He has to know. You know what makes me a little sad, I met him at Comic-Con this last summer and he was a really nice guy. Took the time to chat with me and I was looking forward to him being on the book. I still think he is a nice guy, but I wish him success somewhere else.
    Oh I'm sure he's a great guy and probably very friendly. But he's ruining this book, which means I would like him reassigned to something more suited to his talents. Ultimates isn't where he should be. I know Millar was kind of being a dick near the end of his time in the UU because he simply wanted out and to pursue more MillarWorld stuff, but as of right now anything Millar would bring to the table sounds like heaven compared to what we've been getting.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    Shit! He is taking that over, I'm with Wolverine on this, my day has been ruined

Wow, guys whats up with the overreaction?! I do not think that Humohries are going to do a family bond between Fury and the Scorpio. Yeah they both have an eye patch but that dosn't mean they are related like not all gingers are related and because they are related in the 616 doesn't mean they will be in the Ultimate Universe. I for one like the idea that the 616 lookalike version of Fury will be the commander of Hydra. That would be like the worst nightmare 616 Fury could imagine.
    I know many of you just hate what Humphries has done in the Ultimate universe and I agree that he hasn't do the most amazing work but from my point of view he has done okay. I do understand why there is all the patriotism. They country is in ruin of cause that will inspire a new wave of patriotism just look at the economic crisis in europe (I am from Denmark). In all the countries where the crisis is taken it hard there have been an uprising of nationalism so it makes sense. And that the Ultimates could just swoop down and take away the local uprising also makes sense to me. The rebellions have barely had a mouth to get organized and prepared for leading a new country so of cause they are easy to take out. I will give you all that the dialog have been weak and the characterization also have been weak but rarely been all out of character except Hawkeye which have been oddly off his former performance. But I do understand why Cap has been more of a boy scout after being elected president. But what I really don't like if the wast of Modi. He could have been so cool have a power set of something of a mix of his father Thor and mother Hel and the being brought up by Loke as we see in New Ultimates. I still hope that someone will make a recon and explain it was only Loke in disguise as Modi we saw.
    That got a little out of topic, sorry. But I am still looking forward to see a 616 lookalike Fury being the leader of Hydra!

I'll reserve judgement until I actually read the issue, but my hopes aren't too high. Humphries' work has been a steaming pile of poo so far.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Man View Post
    Wow, guys whats up with the overreaction?! I do not think that Humohries are going to do a family bond between Fury and the Scorpio. Yeah they both have an eye patch but that dosn't mean they are related like not all gingers are related and because they are related in the 616 doesn't mean they will be in the Ultimate Universe. I for one like the idea that the 616 lookalike version of Fury will be the commander of Hydra. That would be like the worst nightmare 616 Fury could imagine.
    I know many of you just hate what Humphries has done in the Ultimate universe and I agree that he hasn't do the most amazing work but from my point of view he has done okay. I do understand why there is all the patriotism. They country is in ruin of cause that will inspire a new wave of patriotism just look at the economic crisis in europe (I am from Denmark). In all the countries where the crisis is taken it hard there have been an uprising of nationalism so it makes sense. And that the Ultimates could just swoop down and take away the local uprising also makes sense to me. The rebellions have barely had a mouth to get organized and prepared for leading a new country so of cause they are easy to take out. I will give you all that the dialog have been weak and the characterization also have been weak but rarely been all out of character except Hawkeye which have been oddly off his former performance. But I do understand why Cap has been more of a boy scout after being elected president. But what I really don't like if the wast of Modi. He could have been so cool have a power set of something of a mix of his father Thor and mother Hel and the being brought up by Loke as we see in New Ultimates. I still hope that someone will make a recon and explain it was only Loke in disguise as Modi we saw.
    That got a little out of topic, sorry. But I am still looking forward to see a 616 lookalike Fury being the leader of Hydra!

I'm gonna take a quess and say you haven't heard of Max Fury.....

More power to you man, I'm glad you are enjoying the book but the Ultimates to me has a certain level of quality that I expect it to be held to. It is not anywhere near this level and I want that to change.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

What's upsetting about it has nothing to do with family ties or whatnot. This is a perfect example of how NOT to Ultimatize a character. Nick Fury has already been Ultimatized, that should be the end of it. Instead, we are now getting someone who looks exactly like 616 Nick Fury, except he's a bad guy... It would be semi understandable if Ultimate Nick Fury was killed and this were a replacement of sorts, but he isn't and he isn't. It's like Humphries is trying to do something like when Kid Daredevil debuted, how he was wearing a classic yellow/black 616 Daredevil costume, or how Anthony was wearing a classic 616 Iron Man armor, but in this picture alone it is not working. Marvel has already tainted Ultimate Nick Fury enough by letting 616 have a version of him, just leave the poor man alone, lol.

Not only should white Fury not exist in the UU, it's already been done and even that was a little weird: During Ultimate Doomsday when black Fury was wearing the white costume. It was excusable because the white costume didn't even look like 616 Fury, aside from the white sideburns. That was an homage, and sort of worked. What we have here is 616 Nick Fury right down to the 616 SHIELD uniform.

Sure, we are literally making assumptions at best from what is only a small, unclear image... But if that cover is any indication of what's inside the issue, it's fair to say that it's going to be a let down...
    Last edited by Balfro; 11-27-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

The White agente from Doomsday was Fury himself? That i didn't remember, have to read that again

Quote Originally Posted by Femto View Post
    The White agente from Doomsday was Fury himself? That i didn't remember, have to read that again
    Yeah, it was black Nick Fury wearing a disguise because he was supposed to be under cover and he wanted to eat lunch in peace at the restaurant he was attacked at.

This is getting sad.I'm reading the point one issue and if i dont like it I am out.

Well, I have heard of Max Fury but I was arguing that I don't think the ultimatize would have anything to do with the family relationship between Max and Nick in the 616. I am hoping it will be a strange and cool mixture between Max and Nick from the 616. Ant Balfo I see your point I am just not accepting the premise that this is a Nick Fury ultimatize this is a Scorpio ultimatize. And to have the Scorpio look like 616 Nick Fury is kind of cool to me. But I am agreeing with Wolverine12 that our Ultimate do not have the standard they had under Millar and Hickman but it is on the other hand neither the standard of Loeb, thanks the gods for that!

Oh yeah now i remenber, later on Ultimate Comics Mystery 3, Sue even refers to that guy as Fury, I thought that was a joke