Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Cover for Ultimates #21 Shows off a new Scorpio

Heh,
    Old cover for #21 with cap vs snakes is now cover #20
    Old cover for #20 with widow and patriot is now cover #22

Uh, what the heck?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Uh, what the heck?
    Seems to me it's Max Fury.

Which at the end of the day is incredibly questionable from both the cartoon & Sam Humphries, the cartoon's Ultimate Nick Fury probably never lived during the World War 2 despite being "Ultimate Fury", but does Sam Humphries know anything about Ultimate Origins? I honestly think Sam Humphries' has no real ideas of his own outside of something like tumor child and turning Modi into Loki 2.0, this seems editorial mandate or just being inspired by a cartoon lol. I mean, if this is truly Max Fury, then where has he been all these years? It's like Carol Danvers or Nick Fury being okay with their government weapon Black Panther becoming a Hollywood star, it's dumb!

Nathan Edmunson, Brian Wood, Bendis... Someone take over the Ultimates title please!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

That's cool that you have read this issue already...

That cover makes absolutely no sense though. Even IF Scorpio is supposed to be Nick Fury's brother... I see absolutely NO family resemblance. All I see is 616 Fury being introduced in the UU, which I find to be completely unacceptable, especially considering 616 stole Ultimate Fury...

Dear Lord when 616 got Ultimate Fury and he turned out to be the son of Nick Fury (and a darker skinned woman, obviously) I made a joke in one of the threads here that they might one day do it in the UU and have a white Fury appear and be the father of the Nick Fury we know... Meaning that both 616 and Ultimate have a white Fury with a black Fury son. I pray that Humphries isn't doing this. It was a JOKE! Not a suggestion :(
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    That's cool that you have read this issue already...
    Stop trying to defend Sam Humphries man. The character will clearly have some ties to the Nick Fury for the obvious way he looks, so it's already fair to question how this ties with the overall history of the character, or if it's a son or something.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

WTF is this shit, somebody please make this stop.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I'm digging the cover. What's behind the cover, however, I'm quite hesitant about. Hopefully it's anything but a family member of Nick Fury.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

WTF IS GOING ON?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    WTF is this shit, somebody please make this stop.
    Seriously.

Giving Humphries this book was like letting an infant drive an expensive car; Eventually it'll crash and burn leaving those that invested in it sad and poor.

I seriously foresee the end of the Ultimate Universe in sight if this keeps up. If Ultimates, which is supposed to be the flagship of the UU, fails then I can't see Ultimate Spider-Man or even Ultimate X-Men (despite how good it is) staying afloat.

At the very least we can rule Tony out for being the Iron Patriot, since you can tell, based on the mask, that the Iron Person in that cover is Iron Man, meaning unless he switches between the two armors there are in fact two of them running around.

On Vacation

Ok that's it I'm done with the Ultimates until someone else comes along.
    Giant Man Serum
    War-Machine Brigade
    Mind Gem
    West Coast Ultimates that is never mentioned again.
    Where is the originality?
    At least when Millar wrote Ghost Rider he made a cool backstory.
    Humprhies attitude is to bring as much of the 616 into the UU because he isn't writing the 616 Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Humprhies attitude is to bring as much of the 616 into the UU because he isn't writing the 616 Avengers.
    Maybe he feels that if he does this enough Marvel will give him a 616 Avengers book like they did for Hickman...

It should be the other way around: Writers on 616 should be striving for an opportunity to be am Ultimate writer. It used to be such a prestigious opportunity, now it seems like writers like Humphries and even Millar (on Ultimate Avengers) just wanted out so they wrote as poorly as they could. That has to be the explanation. If this is Humphries' best I don't understand how he even has a career in writing.

On Vacation

Wait a F@CKING second! Do not tell me this guy is a grown up Julius Chang.

The picture is small but he looks neither black nor asian. He looks like 616 Nick Fury slipped through the portal during Spider-Men and no one noticed.

How does an asian/african baby grow up to be a white dude lol?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!