Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

my goodness, $3.99 for a small childrens comic about magic talking ponies. What are IDW thinking? or possibly smoking

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    my goodness, $3.99 for a small childrens comic about magic talking ponies. What are IDW thinking? or possibly smoking
    I guess since pre-orders were over 100,000 units on this title, making it one of the most successful books of the year (as cited in many different articles), whatever they were thinking was smart. You've heard of "bronies" right?

Pretty huge market out there for MLP right now, and Katie Cook is a GREAT artist with solid ties to Star Wars and her own awesome online comic Gronk (www.gronkcomic.com). She's writing the series, not drawing it, but her sense of humor is definitely shining through. That includes lots of references and inside jokes that fly way over the head of the kiddies to give parents something to genuinely smile about.

I am a 42-year-old male, NOT a brony, but a HUGE fan of Katie Cook (the mini painting of my cat and the Tardis that she did when I met her at Denver Comic Con forever sealed her place in my heart) and I would say this is one of the most fun all-ages books to come along in a while.
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

i can remember the toys from the 80's my sisters used to have some. those and Care Bears. didnt realise they were still around. id much prefer to read a Care Bears comic personally.

I hear you man. I was actually totally AGAINST the whole ponies thing just because the Brony phenomenon is so offputting to me for some reason. However, I was willing to follow Katie Cook into issue #1 and it was totally worth it. Any book with Blues Brothers, Magnum PI, and Roadhouse references gets immediate cred points from me as evidence they aren't just pandering to kiddies or trying to make a quick buck off of the Pony craze.

Speaking of Katie Cook, if you haven't checked out her webcomic Gronk you are missing out! www.gronkcomic.com - a new one every Friday! She also does some of the most cute and clever Star Wars art you've ever seen. She is actually featured on a lot of official Star Wars stuff - check out an example at http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/ind...ng-katie-cook/
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

My Little Pony's popularity makes me sad. It's like with it all of popular culture is broken.