Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Default Avengers #4 *Preview*

Courtesy of Newsarama.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=48145

I must say I love Kubert's rendering of Hyperion.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

BANNED

Um...Thor? Why are you looking at Hyperion like that?

Hyperion and Thor.They are not playing around with this version of the Avengers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Hyperion and Thor.They are not playing around with this version of the Avengers
    Something tells me you haven't seen the solicits.

The Secret origins of the universe.

Looks good. Weird team they've brought to the Savage Land though.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Looks good. Weird team they've brought to the Savage Land though.
    Writers seem rather fond of using the Savage Land for some reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Writers seem rather fond of using the Savage Land for some reason.
    I really don't get the love for the Savage Lands. It's probably the most boring place in all of Marvel.

I was thinking that it was maybe the garden on Mars thing that we saw in the solicits.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Adam Kubert is not a favorite of mine (though I do find him much better than his brother, "Jim Lee light" Andy). Personally, I find him good, but quite overrated,. However, I must say, these pages are very good looking. Kudos.
    So, this Hyperion is supposed to be from an Earth we haven't seen before, right? I guess his SS failed to prevent his universe's version of Crisis (which, with the SS we know, was the a Nth Projector charged Lightner crossing over to other dimensions), and he was the sole survivor.

Peace

BANNED

UGH sucks, why the hell cant jerome opena stay on at least until dustin weaver (the cover artist) is ready for his arc. kubert is really trying me :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Adam Kubert is not a favorite of mine (though I do find him much better than his brother, "Jim Lee light" Andy). Personally, I find him good, but quite overrated,. However, I must say, these pages are very good looking. Kudos.
    So, this Hyperion is supposed to be from an Earth we haven't seen before, right? I guess his SS failed to prevent his universe's version of Crisis (which, with the SS we know, was the a Nth Projector charged Lightner crossing over to other dimensions), and he was the sole survivor.

Peace
    Did they confirm which Hyperion this was? There's like 37 of them running around these days.

In the last page, looks like AIM are gonna be the baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Did they confirm which Hyperion this was? There's like 37 of them running around these days.
    The last I heard about it was that it was a brand new Hyperion. If something else was said about the subject, I missed it. Personally, I'm okay with it, as since he's supposed to be the last survivor of his universe, him being from the SS we know would mean their deaths, and I really want to be able to see them again, and to see what happened to their world after they deposed the ruling council in the Exiles.

Peace

It's unfortunate that Dean White will not be working on Adam's pages. That could've made the transition almost seamless.
    That being said, this is looking great. I can't wait to read these. Hyperion has been a favorite of mine for a long time.

And because I don't think it's been said enough, Ex Nihilo looks like a really interesting and exciting villain. Looking forward to learning more about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    UGH sucks, why the hell cant jerome opena stay on at least until dustin weaver (the cover artist) is ready for his arc. kubert is really trying me :(
    Why?

I love the Kuberts...their art takes my mind back to an innocent time.

When Wolverine was still hot and X-men was the best thing in the world.