Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 212
  1. #166
    Viridescent Time_to_Zap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The broccoli aisle
    Posts
    6,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post



    This is all the validation I need.
    The book is garbage. I hope it flops and I am ashamed at all of you interested in it.
    Calm down, people. It's a sassy blurb. Roll with it.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

  2. #167
    Agent Of Atlas Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    20,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Calm down, people. It's a sassy blurb. Roll with it.
    I don't think "people" need to calm down. There's only really one person overreacting about this.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

    True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

  3. #168

    Default

    Besides, Cannon fodder are always the best characters, those are they ones with any depth to them, development and that suffer consequences. The rest with out exception suffer from the circular nature of American comic books.

  4. #169
    Agent Of Atlas Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    20,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxvaderxx View Post
    Besides, Cannon fodder are always the best characters, those are they ones with any depth to them, development and that suffer consequences. The rest with out exception suffer from the circular nature of American comic books.
    I don't know about that. Even the characters that are pretty much safe get put through hell on a regular basis.

    And while characters where there's no guarantee they'll survive can be compelling to follow... it depends on the story and how it's handled.

    For example: The New X-Men Kids who's death by missile launcher was handled so poorly. At least these kids have a fighting chance.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

    True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

  5. #170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I don't know about that. Even the characters that are pretty much safe get put through hell on a regular basis.

    And while characters where there's no guarantee they'll survive can be compelling to follow... it depends on the story and how it's handled.

    For example: The New X-Men Kids who's death by missile launcher was handled so poorly. At least these kids have a fighting chance.
    Actually i think they were greatly handled, you grew to know them, they were developed, and they were ended (some) and others further developed out of it. The dead are not coming back (not those), this is exactly what makes them grate, their deaths mattered, unlike Xavier who we all know will be back after a little "sabbatical".

  6. #171
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    this sounds like the kind of book i want to read

  7. #172
    MAX Imprinted hacman00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    this sounds like the kind of book i want to read
    Somewhere a Songbird loses her wings.

  8. #173
    Senior Member West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Read the book and find out.
    It's not out

  9. #174
    Senior Member West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    This will be meaningful too, it establishes Arcade as a credible threat in the Marvel Universe.
    Who cares about Arcade though? So what he killed a bunch of Kid Heroes? He's still a looser

  10. #175
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    I still don't buy that they're going to kill these characters.

    There will be a twist.

    But I won't be reading to find out.
    It would make no sense for them to kill off those characters, but that has never stopped Marvel before
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  11. #176
    MAX Imprinted hacman00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Who cares about Arcade though? So what he killed a bunch of Kid Heroes? He's still a looser
    Isn't Arcade a killer for hire? I'd like to know who would be interested in killing a bunch of kids.

  12. #177
    Fabulous GreenComixEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hacman00 View Post
    Isn't Arcade a killer for hire? I'd like to know who would be interested in killing a bunch of kids.
    comicbook fans who hate the AA kids.

  13. #178
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    It's not out
    It will be in time.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  14. #179
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hacman00 View Post
    Isn't Arcade a killer for hire? I'd like to know who would be interested in killing a bunch of kids.
    Apparently this one is a personal vendetta.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  15. #180
    Agent Of Atlas Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    20,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Apparently this one is a personal vendetta.
    Correct. He's tired of failing... so is going after less experienced targets to bolster his reputation.

    Poor bastage just can't catch a break. He's already faced the AA kids once before even and failed. So hopefully he's learned.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

    True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •