Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 212
  1. #46
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Oh, let's see then.

    Songbird was created in the 90's, sorry.

    Amadeus Chos disappeared and nobody noticed. Sentry was killed, Iron Patriot wasn't a new character, Coulson is just off movie hype, Armor is background, Hope is disliked apparently, and QQ is just another smartass that fans seem to eat up. Red Hulk meanwhile is already getting TV shows and crap.

    So yeah, Rulk is the only breakout character Marvel is pushing into other mediums.
    Rulk and Deadpool
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Rulk and Deadpool
    Deadpool was 90's as well, and it was not Daniel Way that got him popular, it was the internet.

  3. #48
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Nobody kept afloat,The book got canceled.If anything X-23 was brought in to keep it afloat
    Probably true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It is a gimmick, but these kids won't come back because they haven't been given the chance to be super popular! Only X-23 will come back from death! Also, you never heard of the New X-Men or X-Static!
    In my opinion, even with the majority of new mutants killed post-Decimation, I think Kyle & Yost kept an incredibly strong core of characters. The tighter focus on characters like Anole and Rockslide was worth getting rid of the deadweight.

    As for X-Statix, those characters were built to die. That was laid out in the first issue. That they haven't returned makes sense, although Deadgirl at least made an appearance post X-Statix.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    A book that is about killing characters shouldn't be fun.

    That reviewer is full of bullshit the moment he said "These characters don't matter." He clearly doesn't get why there's controversy over this book, and he's one of those morons that is enjoying the kill fest.

    Screw him.
    Jesus you're annoying. 'whaaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaa anyone who likes what i don't is a moron whaaa whaa whaa wha whaaa."

  5. #50
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Probably true.

    In my opinion, even with the majority of new mutants killed post-Decimation, I think Kyle & Yost kept an incredibly strong core of characters. The tighter focus on characters like Anole and Rockslide was worth getting rid of the deadweight.

    As for X-Statix, those characters were built to die. That was laid out in the first issue. That they haven't returned makes sense, although Deadgirl at least made an appearance post X-Statix.
    Thing is, who in this group is the deadweight?! Mettle and Hazmat? The more popular kids of Academy? Darkhawk cause nobody used him? How is Nico deadweight when she's the most popular Runaway? I guess X-23 is the only one people care about cause Wolverine with tits! Oh, and then we'll get Kid Britain and Deathlockette! "Original characters? Let's piggie back off of other characters!"

    There is no way you can make this book any more appealing without it just being "These characters rule, the rest suck so they should die!"

  6. #51
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fist of Goa View Post
    Jesus you're annoying. 'whaaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaa anyone who likes what i don't is a moron whaaa whaa whaa wha whaaa."
    Tell me that when your favorites are killed and don't come back because "They don't matter enough".

    Yeah, not being a "DEATH AND MURDER IS COOL" crowd makes me annoying. Welcome to 90's 2.0.

  7. #52
    Senior Member Luck911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Oh, let's see then.

    Songbird was created in the 90's, sorry.

    Amadeus Chos disappeared and nobody noticed. Sentry was killed, Iron Patriot wasn't a new character, Coulson is just off movie hype, Armor is background, Hope is disliked apparently, and QQ is just another smartass that fans seem to eat up. Red Hulk meanwhile is already getting TV shows and crap.

    So yeah, Rulk is the only breakout character Marvel is pushing into other mediums.
    Cho is Savage Wolverine,Armor is in the Xmen cartoon was a big part of x-books for awhile just like Pixie is too,Iron patriot is secret Avengers and in Ultimate,and in Iron man 3,etc...Hope is dislike so much they keep put her in books.Like i said you are out of touch with is really happening. You are so pessimistic you don't notice the good

    I am sorry i am going to stop quoting you because i all i am doing encourage people to mess with you and it is not entirely your fault
    Last edited by Luck911; 11-27-2012 at 08:13 AM.

  8. #53
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Thing is, who in this group is the deadweight?! Mettle and Hazmat? The more popular kids of Academy? Darkhawk cause nobody used him? How is Nico deadweight when she's the most popular Runaway? I guess X-23 is the only one people care about cause Wolverine with tits! Oh, and then we'll get Kid Britain and Deathlockette! "Original characters? Let's piggie back off of other characters!"
    Nah. The character selections here aren't a matter of suck or not. It's more along the lines of who's more likely to be tested by the ordeal. Take a character like Gravity. He's a little younger than Darkhawk, but there's absolutely zero way he'd kill to get out of this situation. Greg's too clean for that. As a seasoned hero, Darkhawk makes more sense because of the anger issues he's had over the years. And while Juston may not be a killer, he's still the owner of an engine of destruction that still has instructions to wipe out mutants. Without Juston in the picture, you have a rogue Sentinel wreaking havoc across Murderworld like a dog that's lost its master.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  9. #54
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    I'm leaving this thread before I get myself banned again.
    Don't even bother responding anymore, cause you really can't sell me "Your favorite characters are going to die! Isn't that great?!" As a good idea ever.

  10. #55
    Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Tell me that when your favorites are killed and don't come back because "They don't matter enough".

    Yeah, not being a "DEATH AND MURDER IS COOL" crowd makes me annoying. Welcome to 90's 2.0.
    Death is a legitimate storytelling tool, whether you like it or not. Suck it up, and move on.

  11. #56
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    24,794

    Default

    Lol at how much publicity the detractors are giving this book.

  12. #57
    Too Fast J/O/J/O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    All of space and time
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Lol at how much publicity the detractors are giving this book.
    I was just about to say that.
    Stay free,S/D.

  13. #58
    Senior Member Phantom Roxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Am I the only one who wishes people would mention Ratchet: Deadlocked more often when we discuss these "arena deathmatch" stories?

  14. #59
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,791

    Default

    So how long of a run do you figure this gets?

    30 issues like JiM? Or less?

    I don't mean a cancellation deathwatch, but there is going to have to be an endgame for this premise.

    "Last group of contestants" and all that.

  15. #60
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    I guess imma try this series out

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •