Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The people who loved Dick as Batman are all for it, the people who didn't are all against it. :)

In reality, there is a bigger part of me that is FOR it than against it. Probably a 60/40 split, in truth. I cherish the Nolan films and don't want anything to really besmirch that continuity and trilogy. But like I've said, the last 10 minutes of Dark Knight Rises is so rewarding, fulfilling, and invigorates the imagination that I wouldn't mind seeing something along these lines.

Warners is trying to make it so there are three instantly recognizable faces in the JL movie, and then only have to worry about introducing three more. If I were DC/Warners, I would do a few 10/15 minute "featurettes" that introduce us to Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and any potential hero that would be in the film. Throw then in front of various other WB movies. Get a feel for what works, establish minor plot points, and cast Scott Speedman or Daniel Lissing as The Flash or a recast Hal Jordan.

Honestly, there's no real need to have the Batman in the JL film be tied explicitly to any past continuity (including the Nolanverse). Put an actor in the suit and have him do Batman-like things and he IS Batman...no need for an origin, continuity references or ANYTHING else. That's how iconic the character is!

Attempt to tie the film in with the Nolanverse and you just needlessly muddy the waters. You would require audiences to be aware of the events of TDKR and the development of John Blake's character in that movie...making JL a kind off 'loose sequel' to TDKR, which is really totally unnecessary. It's FAR simpler to just have THE Batman show up in JL and not bother having to explain it...in this current era of reboots and reinventions, the general public will understand things perfectly!

How about instead of making a Justice League movie sans one of the founding members, they put The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 in theaters.
    x____sign here____

BANNED

Well now that this rumor has really blown up on the internet, someone official will clarify the situation.

So, the very first Justice League movie might have a Batman that is not Bruce Wayne? That's a terrible idea, IMO.

I don't want JGL-John Blake-Batman -- hell, I wouldn't even want Christian Bale to come back as Batman in Justice League. I want a rebooted Batman/Bruce Wayne, not a hold-over from the Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy that already wrapped everything up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by iRacingRyan View Post
    The people who loved Dick as Batman are all for it, the people who didn't are all against it. :)
    Certainly not an absolute truth.

I loved Dick as Batman, in Batman and Robin, because it was fresh and was an interesting story. Dick-Bats in Justice League, though, was pretty terrible.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Hrm, I could see this working so well but also working so terribly. It has wide possibilities, I'll give it that.

To be honest, I think JGL would at least do a good job, as someone familiar with the role and story the character does decently well with having been part of Batman movies before obviously. One thing's for sure, it's gonna be interesting to see how they handle him in the movie. Comic book Batman has always been very different than live action Batman, and this'll be the first time he's run around with Superman, GL, etc. as real people... so if nothing else, I'm curious as to how they'll handle it.

Worst idea ever Fucking Stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by iRacingRyan View Post
    I don't think that's the case at all, since I really enjoyed Dick Grayson as Batman and since JGL wasn't Dick Grayson anyway.

I think it's hilarious there are people taking this ridiculous rumor seriously. As many disastrous moves as WB has made with DC movies in the past (i.e. Catwoman), I don't see them as being stupid enough to confuse the general, non comic-reading public by having their most iconic character be someone else. They gain nothing by it and stand to lose something.

I was just saying that in jest, really. I know that it isn't a solid and true statement by any stretch of the imagination.

I put a lot of smiley faces afterwards to try and distinguish that, but it went misunderstood here. My apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I think it's hilarious there are people taking this ridiculous rumor seriously. As many disastrous moves as WB has made with DC movies in the past (i.e. Catwoman), I don't see them as being stupid enough to confuse the general, non comic-reading public by having their most iconic character be someone else. They gain nothing by it and stand to lose something.
    Exactly my reaction to this.

This seems like an over simplification but just have JGL be Batman but don't reveal his identity in the movie. Have it be a mystery that is not resolved.

In later movie they can reveal that he is John Blake, an agent of Batman Inc. which is funded by Bruce Wayne. It leaves the window open to bring back bruce wayne as batman.

Seems simple to me.

Why do we even need to see an unmasked Batman in a JL movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Well now that this rumor has really blown up on the internet, someone official will clarify the situation.
    ask and ye shall recieve.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=70542

I mean I like Tommy Solomon as Robin Blake as much as the next guy, but even I think that if they went through with it WB was full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gcarbone View Post
    This seems like an over simplification but just have JGL be Batman but don't reveal his identity in the movie. Have it be a mystery that is not resolved.

In later movie they can reveal that he is John Blake, an agent of Batman Inc. which is funded by Bruce Wayne. It leaves the window open to bring back bruce wayne as batman.

Seems simple to me.
    Of course it seems simple to you. Because you are a comic book reader. But to a normal person, it would seem confusing and pointless. "Batman isn't Batman? What's the point?"

Quote Originally Posted by fawfulmk-II View Post
    ask and ye shall recieve.
    Yeah, I pretty much figured this was BS.

Was just trawling deviant art and came across this guy kinjamin who seriously has it worked out. I've never been one to see the Nolanverse continue but this is very close to changing my mind! His versions of Damian, Harley and even Huntress are dead on, click the link to see the rest, also Batgirl and Two-Face Jr