Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Battle Royale

The four turtles go it to the death to see who stands on last.

I got the idea from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UySl-...=ELyeCwjSEtlB4

Hmmm...

Leonardo probably wins, due to being the most skilled of the four brothers, and the most level-headed.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Yeah, I think it's more or less established that Leo is the best, followed close behind by Raph, with Mike and Don being third mainly because they don't apply themselves to martial arts quite as much as their brothers. Leo has the highest skill and best discipline as well as being truly "into" the martial arts on a level the others aren't. Raph could be equal to Leo but still lets his rage and ego get the better of him thus holding him back slightly, while Don's passion is more geared towards working with machines. Mike supposedly has the potential to be even better than Leo, but he's more of a party guy at heart, and the turtle who slacks off on his training the most.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 11-26-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

In the first episode of the new series there was something like this in Tournement mode.

Leo vs. Mikey. Leo Wins.
    Raph vs. Donnie. Raph Wins.
    Raph Vs. Leo. Raph Wins.

Leo became the leader not because he was the best but because he was the first to ask for it.

However, Leo in the first two animated series and the live action movies tended to be more disciplined and more determined warrior.

Additional:

The Raph/Leo dynamic in the new series reminds me of Blossom/Buttercup one on Powerpuff Girls. Buttercup was made to be the better fight but Blossom had better Leadership skill even if she was bossy too.
    Last edited by HVulpes; 11-26-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HVulpes View Post
    In the first episode of the new series there was something like this in Tournement mode.

Leo vs. Mikey. Leo Wins.
    Raph vs. Donnie. Raph Wins.
    Raph Vs. Leo. Raph Wins.

Leo became the leader not because he was the best but because he was the first to ask for it.

However, Leo in the first two animated series and the live action movies tended to be more disciplined and more determined warrior.

Additional:

The Raph/Leo dynamic in the new series reminds me of Blossom/Buttercup one on Powerpuff Girls. Buttercup was made to be the better fight but Blossom had better Leadership skill even if she was bossy too.
    Huh. Well, nice to see them mixing things up a bit. What is this, though, like the tenth incarnation of the Turtles? Dozenth?

Original comic Turtles, tossup between Raph and Leo, with an edge (haha) to Leo.

that said, were mike to actually apply himself, he'd wipe the walls with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Original comic Turtles, tossup between Raph and Leo, with an edge (haha) to Leo.

that said, were mike to actually apply himself, he'd wipe the walls with the others.
    Has this actually happened in the comic or one of the shows at some point, or was this just a prediction?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Has this actually happened in the comic or one of the shows at some point, or was this just a prediction?
    There was a bit in at least two of the shows and in the comics I think.

Mikey being able to do stuff, with his usual token effort, that the other Turtles had to try way harder to do.

Guy is a big ball of unused potential.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    In the original comic (I'm talking Black and White, 80's), Mike is faster, more agile, and learns stuff more quickly than the other Turtles, without having to practice it as much. He's also lazy and given to goofing off (which is one reason he likes the nunchaku - they're flashy), which holds him back.

One scene that springs to mind is a spar between him and Raphael (the Raphael One-Issue 'Microseries'). Raph eventually loses his temper and is getting all serious, Mike keeps dodging, weaving, and generally not taking it seriously at all, basically critiquing Raphael's technique while Raph swipes at him, then belting Raph around a little. Raph gets super serious and starts hammering on him, all-out; Mike takes a few hits, gets his head in the game, and flips Raphael into a pile of trash, still joking and laughing.

Raph then goes berserk and grabs a pipe wrench to try to beat his head in, but that's another matter.

Anyway, it IS referenced several times in the old comics, and Mike does tend to show up the other guys from time to time. But Leo is an all-around better fighter than him, due to dedicated practice to hone his technique, and Raph puts more oomph into his fighting, so in general those two are better than him.

Don't have a clue about anything beyond the old series, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In the original comic (I'm talking Black and White, 80's), Mike is faster, more agile, and learns stuff more quickly than the other Turtles, without having to practice it as much. He's also lazy and given to goofing off (which is one reason he likes the nunchaku - they're flashy), which holds him back.

One scene that springs to mind is a spar between him and Raphael (the Raphael One-Issue 'Microseries'). Raph eventually loses his temper and is getting all serious, Mike keeps dodging, weaving, and generally not taking it seriously at all, basically critiquing Raphael's technique while Raph swipes at him, then belting Raph around a little. Raph gets super serious and starts hammering on him, all-out; Mike takes a few hits, gets his head in the game, and flips Raphael into a pile of trash, still joking and laughing.

Raph then goes berserk and grabs a pipe wrench to try to beat his head in, but that's another matter.

Anyway, it IS referenced several times in the old comics, and Mike does tend to show up the other guys from time to time. But Leo is an all-around better fighter than him, due to dedicated practice to hone his technique, and Raph puts more oomph into his fighting, so in general those two are better than him.

Don't have a clue about anything beyond the old series, though.
    There was the interdimensional fighting tournment where Mikey was the winner. I think he even fights Raph. In the 2003 Fox series.

I swear to god I am this close to pulling out my old palladium TMNT source books and losing an afternoon. Does going on a ten page rant about how the success of the movie and cartoon ruined one of the truest indie comic triumphs of my youth count as derailing a thread?

Anyways, Nik and Sharp have it right on. The definitive early stuff always portrayed Leo as the most skilled and capable, Raph as the strongest and most dangerous, Mike as a physical prodigy but a flake, and Donatello as a reluctant warrior by default. In sparring it was usually Raph or Leo with Mike stealing the odd win when he felt like trying. In a scenario where they were going at it for real I'd take Raph due to ruthlessness and aggression 60% of the time, with Leo taking the other 40% due to Superior skill.

Though in a scenario you have to factor in the fact that they were actually ninjas, not samurais, and Raph was very good at the stealth and esoteric stuff (though Mike was the best at moving silently and concealment), while Leo had more bushido to the point it might hurt him and make him play it too straighforward and be vulnerable to trickery.

In Khazan with everyone bloodlusted Mike stands a real chance of winning.
    Last edited by AJ Valliant; 11-27-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    I swear to god I am this close to pulling out my old palladium TMNT source books and losing an afternoon. Does going on a ten page rant about how the success of the movie and cartoon ruined one of the truest indie comic triumphs of my youth count as derailing a thread?
    Probably.

No disagreement here, mind. :(

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

While the other three fight it out, Donetello sneaks off and comes back driving an armored truck.

Hi-Tech for the Win.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    While the other three fight it out, Donetello sneaks off and comes back driving an armored truck.

Hi-Tech for the Win.
    It you include prep in the scenario Donatello likely does stomp. His feats techwise are pretty insane for a dude living in a sewer. Like power armor, dimensional travel, time travel, various energy weapons, and much of it from tech he scrounged. Give him more a pronounced inferiority complex and he'd be the Doctor Doom of turtledom.

yeah i'm going with the flow and say that Leonardo is pretty much the best (no surprise, he's the frickin' leader). Followed by Raph, since he's the most brutal and aggressive of the brothers. Then Donatello with his more gentle and intellectual approach and range, and lastly Mike due to relative lack of focus and discipline (almost like me) but humorous banters.

And note that Leo's and Raph's weapons are the only weapons of the four turtle's possessions that can instantly kill a normal person.

Man how I remember three years ago from this month that I was watching Turtles Forever on TV and then fast forward three years later into the next decade, I have still yet to watch the first full episode of the new 2012 TMNT after watching one (or two) of the old live-action trilogy movies. I miss 2009. ;_;
    Last edited by Ed Traxler; 11-27-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Current Mood: Still Bored/Awkward
    Currently Playing: None (except for maybe my NES/SNES emulator occasionally)
    Madworld Respect Thread