Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Waid Gives Bruce Banner New Purpose in "Indestructible Hulk"

In "Indestructible Hulk" #1, Bruce Banner launched a plan that would allow both him and his alter ego, the Hulk, to make the world a better place. We spoke with writer Mark Waid about how that deal will unfold.

Full article here.

I'm just happy for Hulk that he finally has *Indestructible* pants.

This comic will apparently win an Eisner is keeping pace. Hulk needed a good writer to get in a good phase. Even Yuu is great.

Aww Yeah, the Sandman's showing up, I'm hoping Waid continues what Slott and co did in Amazing for the former "Avenger" member.

So has Aaron's run been stricken from continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    So has Aaron's run been stricken from continuity?
    Who knows? Of course the last arc of Aaron's run set up the whole thing of Banner and Hulk working together again. On the other hand, there's no mention of Banner going all Mad Scientist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Who knows? Of course the last arc of Aaron's run set up the whole thing of Banner and Hulk working together again.
    Pretty much this.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

This interview almost sounds like he is making it up as he goes along. I have nothing against it, it is in much capable oh hands of Mr. Waid, but I'm just a little worried to invest $4 dollars a month. :-/ decisions, decisions

Wow... that's one hell of a money-shot with the Hulk plowing through that skyscraper! Yu's Hulk has certainly gotten better over the years.
    As far a finding a voice for the Hulk... just give him the same personality Pak's been using for years. "Gravage" Hulk just works.
    But however Waid plays it, it's important that the Hulk *be* given a voice and opinions of his own. To not do so I think is going to hurt the book down the road. And probably not far down the road either...
    That said, I have to say though the 1st issue was off to a very good start. I like the new setup with SHIELD, bringing Banner to the foreground again, tweaking Maria and a pretty killer lineup of villains down the road (Giants, Kang, etc.).
    So far, so good.

Indestructible Hulk was my first Hulk book, and I have to say I am amazed at how much I liked it. I am really looking forward to the rest of this series.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i'm going out on a limb and saying that the Ghost is Banner's mystery blackmailer. he's just the type of anti-government nut that might make use of SHIELD secrets.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I read issue 1 and really liked it, and i never thought i would like a hulk comic, i love where its going, and im in for the long haul
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Too, close, Tony! Going for that tea bag landing, I guess.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hrungr View Post
    Wow... that's one hell of a money-shot with the Hulk plowing through that skyscraper! Yu's Hulk has certainly gotten better over the years.
    As far a finding a voice for the Hulk... just give him the same personality Pak's been using for years. "Gravage" Hulk just works.
    But however Waid plays it, it's important that the Hulk *be* given a voice and opinions of his own. To not do so I think is going to hurt the book down the road. And probably not far down the road either...
    That said, I have to say though the 1st issue was off to a very good start. I like the new setup with SHIELD, bringing Banner to the foreground again, tweaking Maria and a pretty killer lineup of villains down the road (Giants, Kang, etc.).
    So far, so good.
    Yu's Ultimate Wolverine vs Ultimate Hulk some years ago was pretty awesome.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Indestructible Hulk was my first Hulk book, and I have to say I am amazed at how much I liked it. I am really looking forward to the rest of this series.
    Me too! I really enjoyed my first foray into the world of Hulk comics.

Mark Waid and Leinil Yu is a dynamite combo. Whoever made that happen is a frickin' genius.