Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Fraction Celebrates Marvel's First Families in "Fantastic Four" & "FF"

CBR spoke with writer Matt Fraction about his Marvel NOW! plans for "Fantastic Four" and "FF" including the exploration of new territories with classic characters and classic rivalries with new characters.

Full article here.

If these books end up anywhere NEAR being a cross between The Incredibles and Doctor Who they will be the best comics EVER.
    Keep your fingers crossed that Hickman decides to do something with Nick Fury and the Secret Warriors after that series ends

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

And based on what I've read in FF #1 (no spoilers yet!) Matt's added the right mix of quirkiness and family.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Kudos to Fraction and/or Allred for having Leech watch Ms. Thing eat a banana.

Too good.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

will we, or have we seen the recruiting process for the F.F. members? I'd love to see the Sue/medusa scenes. And the Dragon man sure has come a long way, hasn't he? I'm starting to look forward to this series.

High expectations for this comic

We know now that there likely will be no "Big Crunch," as the expansion of the universe is actually accelerating.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    will we, or have we seen the recruiting process for the F.F. members? I'd love to see the Sue/medusa scenes. And the Dragon man sure has come a long way, hasn't he? I'm starting to look forward to this series.
    Yeah we will. I know there's a preview out there somewhere that shows each team member interviewing their chosen replacement.

As for the previews, it looks awesome. In my mind, Fraction has been on a serious roll lately. Defenders, Hawkeye (which I can't get enough of) and last week's Fantastic Four have all been just great work from him. An judging from the Point One Now story I feel FF will be even better than Fantastic Four was.

I hope these can carry on being great titles, I love science, i love both teams, I love both art.
    Marvel? Impress me.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Fraction is definitely writing fun stuff right now. I've always enjoyed his work and accepted the quirky nature of it. It's cool how Marvel has Fraction handling the FF universe, Hickman on avengers and Bendis on X Men.
    You can call me Saiko if I can call you Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    Fraction is definitely writing fun stuff right now. I've always enjoyed his work and accepted the quirky nature of it. It's cool how Marvel has Fraction handling the FF universe, Hickman on avengers and Bendis on X Men.
    Great spot, I didn't notice that.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    High expectations for this comic
    Indeed.

Question though, why are the children still there I thought they went with them to space.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioActiveLunch View Post
    Indeed.

Question though, why are the children still there I thought they went with them to space.
    Their part of the foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Their part of the foundation.
    I read Fantastic 4 #1 and I thought Reed said the children were going with them into space?

Quote Originally Posted by RadioActiveLunch View Post
    I read Fantastic 4 #1 and I thought Reed said the children were going with them into space?
    Just Franklin and Val.
    The Circumstances at the End

Top 10: Astro City, Captain America, East of West, Hawkeye, Lazarus, New Avengers, Saga, Thor: God of Thunder, Wonder Woman, Zero