Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Hawkins Sends "Aphrodite IX" Back to the Future

"Think Tank" writer and Top Cow President Matt Hawkins teams up with "Artifacts" artist Stjepan Sejic for an all-new "Aphrodite IX" comic featuring the green haired assassin.

Full article here.

BANNED

Wha.... wait wait wait STJEPAN SEJIC IS DRAWING A NEW APHRODITE IX SERIES OMG YESS

wait.... will he still be drawing artifacts? (omg worried so many conflicting emotions)
    Last edited by Movieartman; 11-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.

BANNED

"Primarily in that she is no longer an android"

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Wha.... wait wait wait STJEPAN SEJIC IS DRAWING A NEW APHRODITE IX SERIES OMG YESS

wait.... will he still be drawing artifacts? (omg worried so many conflicting emotions)
    From what I recall from when he was doing Witchblade and Angelus simultaneously, Sejic is extremely fast and can do two books a month. Don't know if he'll be doing it with this, but it is possible, especially if Aphrodite XI is done in a mini-series format.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Loved "Almost Human" in Witchblade so I will definitely be getting this. Sejic is my favorite artist right now.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Awesome and excellent news. The original mini was great (despite the delay) and I love Sejic's art. Getting this for sure.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Loved "Almost Human" in Witchblade so I will definitely be getting this. Sejic is my favorite artist right now.
    same here very much

by then i will be off artifacts, and doing aphrodyte and ravine and my other sideproject. as for my speed XD here is my youtube channel...

enjoy XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boIZfkkaACA&feature=plcp

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    by then i will be off artifacts, and doing aphrodyte and ravine and my other sideproject. as for my speed XD here is my youtube channel...

enjoy XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boIZfkkaACA&feature=plcp
    Off Artifacts why? If the new artist ain't good I'm dropping it.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

because i never said i would have the same lenght run on the book as it was on witchblade. no one is saying i wont be coming back to it. or any other top cow property. i will be staying with them for a loooooooong period of time XD hell, ravine itself will keep me around for 4 years minimum. i will probably have fun with pretty much all of their characters sooner or later XD

still, its too early for that, i do have more artifacts issues to make :)

Will this be an ongoing or a mini? Will get it either way!

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    ravine itself will keep me around for 4 years minimum.
    I'd really like to know more about this Ravine series. Top Cow have been amazingly coy about it. I know nothing about it outside of your deviant art samples.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

alot of info about that coming reeealllly soon :) since comic is coming out in february, by then we will have all the info and previews available. there was a messup and a wrong solicit info was sent out, but it is cowritten by me and ron marz,, a series of graphic novels... 12 issues , 1 issue every 4 month. 140 to 160 pages per issue. wont go into it more as the proper announcements are being currently assembled :)

GAH! Not sure how I feel about this. I had no idea how long the run on Artifacts was going to be, but its been my favorite book. The art is a big part of that, but considering how great Witchblade was even before Sejic came on, I'm keeping the faith. Get Choi on Artifacts! At the same time, this has me really excited. I loved Marz's use of IV in Witchblade and Artifacts and I'm excited to see what she's like in Cyber Force, yet I never could get excited about the original IX series, regardless of my respect for all the creators involved. On top of the talent involved (I need to check out more Hawkins work, admittedly), this will likely scratch the itch I've had for more Hotwire comics. Plus, God Bless You Top Cow, MORE ORIGINAL FREE COMICS!

Looks awesome! If this will be a $2.99 title, I'm in. :)