Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you want to see gregory stark on film?

Would you Like to see Gregory Stark (tony's older brother in the Ultimate Universe) brought in to the marvel movies prehapes in The Avengers 2 or Ironman 4?

prehapes have him operating in the shadows manipulating Nick Fury and Maria Hill Against Each Other.

if so who would you have play him?

lol some people have suggested Robert Downey Jr play both Starks, can you imagine!

if not him i would suggest Timothy Olyphant (JUSTIFIED, live free or die hard, scream 2, hitman) for the role

On Vacation

Yes it would be a good idea but how will they retcon Gregory in the the movie-verse? Also the best person to play Gregory would be Gary Oldman when he was younger. It would still work now though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    yes it would be a good idea but how will they retcon gregory in the the movie-verse? Also the best person to play gregory would be gary oldman when he was younger. It would still work now though.

Oh my God Hell yes

Since Gregory Stark is one of the best characters to come out of Mark Millar's brain I say a big YES!
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

But he wouldn't fit, though.

Where has he been all this time??
    #RallyForMarkHunt

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Yes it would be a good idea but how will they retcon Gregory in the the movie-verse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post
    But he wouldn't fit, though.
    Where has he been all this time??
    In the Ultimate universe tony owns the american side of the stark corperation and gregory owns the international side, the 2 dont talk and rarely speak of the other. they could easily go this same route. gregory feels tony stole half the corperation that was aways supose to be entirtely his and thats why they dislike each other.

I wonder how Greg would feel about Tony being his dad's "greatest creation"...

Ever since I first saw Gregory, the actor that immediately came to mind was Daniel Craig. I feel like that's who he was modeled after the same way Miller modeled Nick Fury after Samuel L Jackson. I imagined Craig's voice when I read him too.

Morton Downey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    Ever since I first saw Gregory, the actor that immediately came to mind was Daniel Craig. I feel like that's who he was modeled after the same way Miller modeled Nick Fury after Samuel L Jackson. I imagined Craig's voice when I read him too.
    Daniel Craig would be perfect as Gregory even being younger than Robert Downey Jr!

I vote no. Gregory Stark was a boring, contrived character that did nothing aside from provide a darker Iron Man. And given the nature of the movies, we really don't need that. He's one of those characters who is best left in the realm of obscurity because he really doesn't offer anything new. Tony Stark could easily become just like Gregory. He brings nothing new to the table and should be kept out of the movies for that reason.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Tony Stark could easily become just like Gregory. He brings nothing new to the table and should be kept out of the movies for that reason.

The leading character of his own franchise which so far makes 300 million worldwide and part of a 1 billion dollar hit Avengers can "easily" become a anti-heroic character whos willing to have innocent people die and get used aslong as it fits his goals?
    Not a chance at all, not to mention to argue "And given the nature of the movies, we really don't need that" is to argue that all Marvel films need to be nothing more than summer blockbuster action comedies, which just means things will get dull and boring, and new takes need to be held on to the characters, say perhaps something darker and vile, a family feud.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

he doesnt fit in the continuity and why he is needed? he doesnt add anything important to the movie plot

I think it would be great because in the UU he wasn't portrayed as a villain until the 4th chapter of Avengers. He doesn't have to even get that far in the movies, he would just be a presence that adds a bit of history to the Stark Family and creates general tension and family disputes in the films.

I wanna say, though, that in UAvNU Gregory Stark using his nanites and overpowering the Ultimates with Mjolnir was one of the coolest scenes ever, followed by Tony using an EMP and Thor reigning down lightning to defeat him :)
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Gregory Stark is one of my favorite original Ultimate characters ever, so I'm all for seeing him on the big screen. Although it would've been even better if he'd been introduced since film one or film two.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I wanna say, though, that in UAvNU Gregory Stark using his nanites and overpowering the Ultimates with Mjolnir was one of the coolest scenes ever, followed by Tony using an EMP and Thor reigning down lightning to defeat him :)
    Yeah that part was really awesome, albeit being a tad little brief. However I've always found Thor to be slightly out of character here, killing a defenseless mortal in cold blood like that AND punching his fist in the air saying "Gotcha" or something.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom