Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Superman, #14

Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by MFitzH2O View Post
    My only beef is the 'best friend' line. Best friends? C'mon, force them to work together as competitors. 'Best friend', that ain't the Lois n'Clark dynamic I want in my not-dating, not-married Lois n'CLark. Let them have at it. FIGHT for the slot as #1.
    Even the fiercest professional rivals can be the closest friends. In fact it happens a lot. There are few people you have more in common with in terms of life experience than someone you compete with in the professional arena. They're the ones you go have a drink or dinner with after work, that you joke with and taunt, the ones who say "I'll beat you next time, and then you have to buy the first round."

But as long as Clark worked for the Planet and Lois headed a division rather than being a reporter they weren't competitors. Now that Clark is off on his own, not working for the Planet or some other division of Edge's media conglomerate, Clark may be competing with his former organization as a rival to be first to break stories. So the competition may be back

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Taylor View Post
    It's because some people think of Superman as this outdated, old fashioned icon who can't act as a young adult with some immature mannerisms even if this DCnU Superman is 27 years old. It's a made-up mindset, actually.
    So true! Reminds of the people who don't like the new Billy Batson. They're can't believe he acts like a real kid whose had a really tough life.

News flash, people, Superman and Billy Batson are still good guys. They're just not perfect (boring).
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    All Clark needs is a good prostitute.
    Superman Earth 1 fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    oh Man you just put the Image in my head of superman using Zoom-Vision and Heat Vision to Kill Crabs on his crotch lol
    We don't really call it zoom vision now, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Most versions of Lois are a bad person.
    Not the versions I've read...

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Even if lois is gorgeous and had a winning personality (she dosent)
    She won me over...

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Thing is Lois didn't know that he was a lie or a fake so she just didn't like the guy named Clark Kent simple as that.
    Because - whether she knew it or not - he was a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    So true! Reminds of the people who don't like the new Billy Batson. They're can't believe he acts like a real kid whose had a really tough life.

News flash, people, Superman and Billy Batson are still good guys. They're just not perfect (boring).
    They were never perfect, but Billy used to be nice. Why is nice boring?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

ZOOM VISION!! e_e

I think Comet Man has a good point and I can see what he is talking about. As for #14 and how I see it, what is not to love? This title is giving me everything I want in Superman.

No cutting this one, it's staying on the pull list!

John

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

They were never perfect, but Billy used to be nice. Why is nice boring?
    No, I think they were pretty much made perfect.

Nice is not boring. I'm nice, but I'm not perfectly nice, and they're times when I'm not nice at all. That's just being human.

Billy is still nice, but he's had a very tough life, and it's hard for him to show his kindness because he's insecure and doen't trust people easily. But you can see that deep inside he is nice, and as the story progresses, he'll show it more often. I think this Billy Batson is way more interesting than super boy scout Billy Batson.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

No, I think they were pretty much made perfect.

Nice is not boring. I'm nice, but I'm not perfectly nice, and they're times when I'm not nice at all. That's just being human.

Billy is still nice, but he's had a very tough life, and it's hard for him to show his kindness because he's insecure and doen't trust people easily. But you can see that deep inside he is nice, and as the story progresses, he'll show it more often. I think this Billy Batson is way more interesting than super boy scout Billy Batson.
    We seem to have different definitions of nice, boring and perfect...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...