Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Superman, #14

Infme et fier de l'tre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'm anticipating to enjoy this book much more than Snyder/Lee's book already. I love that Lobdell doesn't take himself too seriously, which is basically the polar opposite of Snyder.
    Yeah, that. Already seeing the fun facts about corn fields at the start of each issue. Boring as sh....
    Snyder should write Flash, come to think of it.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Nice. Funny that H'el is all hugs and little brother until Superman points out the flaw in his story, then H'el gets pissed. Lies I say. I still dub him Kon 1.0.

Now I'm actually hoping that snyder doesn't steal the 'flagship' position once he joins. Lobdell is doing just fine.

This is a fun event, I don't want it followed up with some ULTRA SERIOUS ones.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nice. Funny that H'el is all hugs and little brother until Superman points out the flaw in his story, then H'el gets pissed. Lies I say. I still dub him Kon 1.0.
    Makes me wonder if his mind isn't messed up, rather than him being completely nefarious.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Yeah, that. Already seeing the fun facts about corn fields at the start of each issue. Boring as sh....
    Snyder should write Flash, come to think of it.
    Barry would probably meet someone who could run faster then him, and then cries about how he thought he was the fastest man alive all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nah, it's just that apprently, turning your back on someone is very rude on Krypton.
    "I need your help to save our home planet, little brothe......hey, are you turning your back on me? Are you fucking turning your back on me, you son of a clone? I'm talking to you dammit!"
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
    Makes me wonder if his mind isn't messed up, rather than him being completely nefarious.
    Its possible, though this issue actually has me leaning more toward deliberate deception now. I think he knows his story is bullcrap, hence why he gets so defensive then goes out of his way to manufacture a wedge between him and Kara. Now Kara won't ask questions because she'll be mad that "Superman" attacked and insulted her.

If I were to take a guess, based on the backwards S, which he somehow purposely hides from Kara, I'd say he actually has a massive grudge against the House of El, and is only using Supergirl because at this stage he needs an ally.

Barry would probably meet someone who could run faster then him, and then cries about how he thought he was the fastest man alive all these years.
    Yeah, but at least it would be in character for him to think of random facts with little connections to the plot.....unless I'm mistaken. Barry did have this whole "flash fact" thing, right?

BANNED

Yeah, but at least it would be in character for him to think of random facts with little connections to the plot.....unless I'm mistaken. Barry did have this whole "flash fact" thing, right?
    Oh right I missed the context there. That would actually work really well as long as it's not with the "biggest baddest story i could possibly tell" stuff.

Oh right I missed the context there. That would actually work really well as long as it's not with the "biggest baddest story i could possibly tell" stuff.
    Nah, it would just be a nice little story that will "shake Barry to his core".
    For Snyder, it would be Tuesday.

Nah, it would just be a nice little story that will "shake Barry to his core".
    For Snyder, it would be Tuesday.
    Lol. I dunno, I think having Lobdell and Snyder on Superman books at the same time is a good decision. Would be great to read the contrast between the serious/dark of Snyder and the carefree/fun of Lobdel. I think having widely different tones will make things interesting. Versatility ftw.
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 11-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Lol. I dunno, I think having Lobdell and Snyder on Superman books at the same time is a good decision. Would be great to read the contrast between the serious/dark of Snyder and the carefree/fun of Lobdel. I think having widely different tones will make things interesting. Versatility ftw.
    Wonder which angle Diggle will be going for, then.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Wonder which angle Diggle will be going for, then.
    Well I read from Tony Daniel's interview, that they are trying to make Action aesthetically different from the other Superman book. So I dunno what, but my guess is that it will probably have a slightly different tone to it. To be honest I'm not at all familiar with Andy Diggle's writing.

Edit: I read on Andy's twitter today that as much as he really likes a calm and humble Supes, he is having a blast writing an "Angry and badass" Supes. That's cool.
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 11-28-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

H'El seems to have telepathy,TK,teleportation,shapeshifter,speed that would scare the piss out of barry allen,and the ability to scan kons genetic code,in a basic way,and give kara english instantly,what the heckis this guy? A kryptonian/martian with double the normal power levels,and all SBs powers on topof that?

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    H'El seems to have telepathy,TK,teleportation,shapeshifter,speed that would scare the piss out of barry allen,and the ability to scan kons genetic code,in a basic way,and give kara english instantly,what the heckis this guy? A kryptonian/martian with double the normal power levels,and all SBs powers on topof that?
    I don't think he actually had super-superspeed in this issue, though. I think he was just doing the same turning things invisible again... but then again maybe Supes would've seen through that.