Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Superman, #14

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    I loved Superman's reaction to H'El. He was distrustful but willing to peacefully hear him out until he threatened to kill Superboy. Do not threaten to murder a child in front of Superman unless you want a serious beat down.

Metal Woman
    One thing that bugged me is the chaos that was caused by Superman hitting him. He says he made sure he landed where nobody would get hurt, but it looks to me like those people would have been crushed by the flying cars if they hadn't reacted quickly enough.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    One thing that bugged me is the chaos that was caused by Superman hitting him. He says he made sure he landed where nobody would get hurt, but it looks to me like those people would have been crushed by the flying cars if they hadn't reacted quickly enough.
    I figured there has to be a story behind Superman specifically choosing that used car dealership into which to thrown H'El. Maybe the dealer has a history of knowingly selling unsafe vehicles to people.

Metal Woman

It was interesting how of all the super-family. Superman gave H'El the most trouble. The guy had to actually put effort to put down superman to make a point of how insignificant Superman was to H'El. Also just when Kara and Clark were starting to act like cousin's H'El had to ruin it with that mind illusion attack with it looking like Superman attacking her with punches and insults.

Man Kon-el been having it worse so far in the event with all the abuse he have been taken from H'El. So Superman knew about Superboy for awhile and just was not never interested in learning knowing more about him? I very much like that Superman was worried about Superboy's safety and wellbeing.

Superman hasn't quite filled that Power Girl void left by the new 52... but he's getting there pretty damned fast. Good time super hero beat'em up stuff here.

Most entertaining part of this issue the moments with Clark, Lois & Kara easily the best thing in the issue in my opinion.
    By the by, does anyone have a problem with how Kara is portrayed thus far in the New 52?

I felt that kara's voice was fairly different from how she's being written in supergirl. I'd have to re-read supergirl's series to be sure, though.

Still, I was not at all looking forward to lobdell on this book, and I'm so glad he's proving me wrong every month. Keep it up.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Bah, I'm dropping this title. I'll just have wait for Scott Snyder and Jim Lee's Superman, because the current supes family books aren't really doing it for me. He's a character that deserves better writers attached to his titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock89 View Post
    Bah, I'm dropping this title. I'll just have wait for Scott Snyder and Jim Lee's Superman, because the current supes family books aren't really doing it for me. He's a character that deserves better writers attached to his titles.
    I think this is pretty decent, great art and the writing doesnt take itself seriously.

Im not really looking forward to "When I was a young boy on the farm, I used to bail hay in the mornings blah blah blah" fast forward to end of the issue and bam what he did when he was young helped him out now. Rinse Repeat.

Nother good issue!

I liked how Clark seemed to know more about Superboy than he let on. He didnt seem all that suprised, making me think he check in on the kid after learning he existed in issue 6. He didnt even think twice about protecting him, classic superman. They are alot closer in ages now than in the old universe. All three of them are really.

H'el is coming off alot better than Helspont, nanite superman, the preditor alien, and the other villians of this volume have. Theres a sense of character and a plan while hes whaling on the heroes.

Karas gonna be pissed when she finds out Hel duped her into not liking her cousin.

Wonder what the plan to save Krypton is? Not like they can go back in time and stop an event like that. It was geological... right?

Im glad i decided to pick up Superman from now on, its a good book.

Really enjoyed the issue both art and story. I think Kara's voice is portrayed well here. Also I like Lois in the issue, something a lot of writers over the years have had trouble with is a likable Lois.

BANNED

I thought it was hilarious when Lois called Kara a cosplayer. That whole scene was amazing.

double post
    Last edited by Hancock89; 11-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volderon View Post
    I think this is pretty decent, great art and the writing doesnt take itself seriously.

Im not really looking forward to "When I was a young boy on the farm, I used to bail hay in the mornings blah blah blah" fast forward to end of the issue and bam what he did when he was young helped him out now. Rinse Repeat.
    I don't know man, I don't really like this H'el character. It feels like a chore when I'm reading this. But maybe it's because I want a certain standard when I read a book of my favorite comic book character, or I'm currently just spoiled with the great quality of writing provided by Valiant Comics and a few other titles. Either way I'm not feeling it, there's a lot of potential with the character but I don't think the current writers are tapping into it. I think Grant Morrison's Action Comics is a descent read though, so I'll keep reading that one.

I don't know man, I don't really like this H'el character. It feels like a chore when I'm reading this. But maybe it's because I want a certain standard when I read a book of my favorite comic book character, or I'm currently just spoiled with the great quality of writing provided by Valiant Comics and a few other titles. Either way I'm not feeling it, there's a lot of potential with the character but I don't think the current writers are tapping into it. I think Grant Morrison's Action Comics is a descent read though, so I'll keep reading that one.
    This issue is so much better than what I've sampled from Valiant thus far, I'm afraid.

I say "I'm afraid" because one of their main writers, Venditti, is going to take on two books that I'd very much like to see be well written, and his work on X-O is impossibly bland.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

I'm anticipating to enjoy this book much more than Snyder/Lee's book already. I love that Lobdell doesn't take himself too seriously, which is basically the polar opposite of Snyder.