Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Superman, #14

I can't accept it, the way they're doing superman/Wonder woman is to keep punching us clois fans in the face, was it necessary to post the KISS?

we get it, it's over, they'll never be together

Infme et fier de l'tre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drokki View Post
    I can't accept it, the way they're doing superman/Wonder woman is to keep punching us clois fans in the face, was it necessary to post the KISS?

Dude, don't you know anything about comics?
    It's never over.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Dude, don't you know anything about comics?
    It's never over.
    Sure
    in 100 years from now
    it's gonna be over for some of us, unless you plan to live for 500 more

Look you know at some point whether it's a year or 5 years they will be together. Why not just enjoy the story until then?

Also a lot of us like this storyline. I like the idea of Clark and Lois being best friends quite a bit.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Infme et fier de l'tre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Sure
    in 100 years from now
    it's gonna be over for some of us, unless you plan to live for 500 more
    You really think it's going to last 100 years?
    I mean, come on, in 100 years they're going to be at least 2 reboots. Superman will have been with Lois, then not with Lois, then again with Lois, then she will die, then reboot, and let's do this over again. Comic books are by definition uncapable of consticency.
    I mean, if the marriage is proof of anything, it's that even when it looks like it's going to be the endroad, after a while, they will just start over.
    That's why I just can't get the level of overreaction the whole thing is getting (that and the whole "pairing" thing never really appeal to me).
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

well at least this book has nice artwork

If you think you're being punched in the face, that's your own hang up. The panel of the kiss is relevant to the conversation Lois and Clark are currently having. Artwork complimenting writing...kinda what a comic book is. You're acting like they put up the huge splash page of the kiss in the middle of the book with absolutely no warning and for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Drokki

Awww, don't be sad!! Well, while I understand your opinion, in my case it doesn't bother me and it doesn't matter if Clark and Lois are together or not. They always were my fave couple, still are, and always will; regardless of their 'new status'. It doesn't change the way I see things/them. I like both characters, together as a couple and as individuals.
    Last edited by TomariS; 11-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If you think you're being punched in the face, that's your own hang up. The panel of the kiss is relevant to the conversation Lois and Clark are currently having. Artwork complimenting writing...kinda what a comic book is. You're acting like they put up the huge splash page of the kiss in the middle of the book with absolutely no warning and for no reason.
    which is what they did

Why are some people acting as if Clark and Lois will never ever be together ever again? Comics are like soap operas; this is just the current storyline. Eventually Clark and Diana will get stale and then we can all experience Lois and Clark falling in love again. (I missed it the first two or three times).

Anyways, that preview looks great! Beautiful art, as always.
    I've really grown to enjoy Lobdell's over-the-top narration; feels very retro but somehow doesn't seem forced.
    And as a big fan of Lois Lane - as a character in herself, not as Superman's girlfriend - I LOLed at the opening page.

BTW, from the timing of those last two panels, do you suppose Lois will assume that Kara is Clark's new girlfriend? Because that would be gross... and hilarious!
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

13 was awesome and this looks great too
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

which is what they did

No they didn't. They were talking about relationships and Lois brought up how happy Clark has been looking and the reason behind how happy he's been is the kiss with Wonder Woman. We then got a bit of a flashback showing the kiss. This is just fine and expected because we JUST got another flashback of Clark spying on Lois when it was brought up in the conversation.

You have every right not to like the relationship but what you're doing is blowing things out of proportion for no real reason.

I knew Scott Lobdell greatest hack of 2012 would butcher Superman.

Turning Superman into a jealous beta male is pretty fail and out of character. Dialog is pretty forced and too try hard to be cool.

Arts nice atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Z View Post
    I knew Scott Lobdell greatest hack of 2012 would butcher Superman.

Turning Superman into a jealous beta male is pretty fail and out of character. Dialog is pretty forced and too try hard to be cool.

Arts nice atleast.
    Well, what you see as "beta male," I see as "relatable." Addressing a major problem with Superman over the past generation.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

The whole point of Clark Kent is that he's a beta male.