Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Based on his Image and ABC work, Moore became a shadow of his old self.
    I don't think I really got Tomorrow Stories. They all seemed just pretty weak stories. Never saw the point of it.

By the way... Why is there a dome over Red Hook in Moore's Neonomicon??
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    I don't think I really got Tomorrow Stories. They all seemed just pretty weak stories. Never saw the point of it.
    Wow, so you must have been reading some really deep sht at the time, Dostoievski or Cervantes for sure. I bet you didn't read any Johns, Loeb or Winick then.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

You could say that if you want, but his craft has only improved over time.
    Completely disagree. If Moore peaked with Watchmen, Morrison did with Animal Man, nothing he has done ever since beats that.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Oh certainly, you can argue Watchmen is his best work but that he peaked in 86 when From Hell, A Small Killing and Lost Girls were to come is something different indeed.
    I think if Big Numbers hadn't fallen apart that would be the Moore work we'd all be talking about.

As it stands now, I'd go with From Hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Completely disagree. If Moore peaked with Watchmen, Morrison did with Animal Man, nothing he has done ever since beats that.
    In terms of his sheer ideas, Doom Patrol was his best, but his craft itself is what has improved over time.

I don't mind if the conversation goes there. I don't think it has to go there, as it was implied, and that we should discuss that instead what is said in the OP. I've said this like 5 times already! Is it so hard to understand? How am I failing to explain myself? Did you read all my posts?
    I would react the same way if someone would say we should stop discussing the OP to focus on European comics.
    That does sound reasonable, but you're making a storm out of a glass of water. The point of creator's rights can be explored, but relax, if the thread keeps going it is very likely to go back to the op as it's center. Creators right's is one of many important points to consider when talking about Moore vs. Morrison.

I think that's debatable. Personally, I find The Filth to be Morrison's best work.

As far as the topic is concerned, I personally enjoy works from both writers and don't really care for the personal animosity between them.

BANNED

That does sound reasonable, but you're making a storm out of a glass of water. The point of creator's rights can be explored, but relax, if the thread keeps going it is very likely to go back to the op as it's center. Creators right's is one of many important points to consider when talking about Moore vs. Morrison.
    Oh, I'm pretty aware that I'm overeacting by now, but I don't appreciate when someone tries to manipulate thins like he was trying to do. I'm closing that topic now, but I'll gladly discuss Moore's work on creator rights with you, if that's what you want :)

BANNED

Wow, so you must have been reading some really deep sht at the time, Dostoievski or Cervantes for sure. I bet you didn't read any Johns, Loeb or Winick then.
    Eh, I don't know. Didn't see the point. It all seemed really silly to me, but I did enjoy the rest of the ABC stuff. Maybe I need to re-read it.

In terms of his sheer ideas, Doom Patrol was his best, but his craft itself is what has improved over time.
    I don't disagree on doom patrol. I do on his craft. It's certainly more elaborated and complex, but unreadable. You can read Animal Man, Doom Patrol or JLA without the need of keeping all your Morrison library at hand to get the references. Nothing bad with references, but they become a problem when they are the explanation of the plot, as it happens with everything he has done after X-men. That's not a better craft at all. Who do you like best in all-time fiction? He doesn't do that. It's annoying. And it's absurd to see a bunch of dorks preparing for the coming of a new book by studying all their Morrison books as if it was a final exam of medicine. Instead, getting a new (or new old) Moore, Gaiman, Miller or 80-90s Morrison is pure pleasure. So, no, his craft is worse, it's annoying for the sake of being pretentious. Final Crisis is the worse of that.

Eh, I don't know. Didn't see the point. It all seemed really silly to me, but I did enjoy the rest of the ABC stuff. Maybe I need to re-read it.
    My point there is that new Moore (among a few others) is always going to be better than 95 to 100% of what DC and Marvel put out, even if he's not at the top of his game.

BANNED

I don't disagree on doom patrol. I do on his craft. It's certainly more elaborated and complex, but unreadable. You can read Animal Man, Doom Patrol or JLA without the need of keeping all your Morrison library at hand to get the references. Nothing bad with references, but they become a problem when they are the explanation of the plot, as it happens with everything he has done after X-men.
    I had read all of Morrison's more recent work (since his return to DC) without having read his early work, and I never needed any of these references.

His Doom Patrol. Bam.
    BB

BANNED

My point there is that new Moore (among a few others) is always going to be better than 95 to 100% of what DC and Marvel put out, even if he's not at the top of his game.
    I wasn't saying otherwise. Hell, I don't know if you can consider Tomorrow Stories' Moore the new Moore, it has been a while. Still, I think it's really weak. I think he was trying to "parody" (not the right word probably) some stuff from the Silver Age and it was simply flat and weak. Again, I might need to re-read. It has been a few years.

(By point I meant Moore's point, not yours)