Default News of Goon delays?

So Goon #43 was obviously a Halloween issue, and it came out the day before Thanksgving. Goon #45 appears to be a Christmas issue scheduled to come out in February, and #44 seems to have disappeared off the Dark Horse website altogether. Any news of why or how long the delays will last? With the appearance of the back up story as the book went monthly, I wonder if the monthly schedule is too much?...

Maybe Powell should shoot for the Usagi-style release schedule of 9-10 issues per year.

It's served Usagi well for decades, after all.

All future issues have vanished from DH's website. What the fudge is happening?

His kick starter made the proposed $400,000 or whatever the amount was to make the animated movie or at least the start of it.

Also this is a guess, he moved to California. He was selling a bunch of stuff on ebay he kept finding during "packing".

I really don't know about the goon. oR ANYTHINg. caps lock.

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

I miss da big guy. also Frankie, but not so much. waiting, waiting, waiting.
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

Okay. It's been 4 months since the last Goon came out. No search parties, no public outcry, no nothing. Are myself and the 3 responders to my original post the only ones wondering where in the hell is the Goon ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by jonah warlord View Post
    Okay. It's been 4 months since the last Goon came out. No search parties, no public outcry, no nothing. Are myself and the 3 responders to my original post the only ones wondering where in the hell is the Goon ?!?
    Sometimes great creator owned works take time. Remember, he writes, pencils, inks, colors (paints?), letters, cover illustrates, and covers many administrative duties all himself. He does the job of seven or more people working a typical monthly comic.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Sometimes great creator owned works take time. Remember, he writes, pencils, inks, colors (paints?), letters, cover illustrates, and covers many administrative duties all himself. He does the job of seven or more people working a typical monthly comic.
    Doesn't Dave Stewart do the colours on The Goon?

^Recently, yes.

But I think Eric does some kinda ink wash first that Stewart uses as a kind of base for getting the classic 'Eric-style' color?

I bet Eric is a little busy with the Goon movie that was recently Kickstarted. There are some updates there.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-sucker/posts

There is also a production blog but you need a login (backed the Kickstarter) to read it.

http://www.thegoonmovie.com/

I had started to wonder what was up.

On one hand I want hte movie to be a success and true to the source material... on the other hand I would like get some new stories in print eventually this year.

Eric Powell's long-running, Eisner Award-winning series "The Goon" will end its run as an ongoing title with the release of Issue #44 (slated for release sometime in late fall), and will return in a miniseries format. "I love the idea of an ongoing series," Powell said. "But, because I'm one guy doing the comic, it wasn't always feasible to maintain the bi-monthly schedule on a regular basis, and it seemed to be confusing fans."

The first issue in the new miniseries is titled "Occasion of Revenge." "It's a pretty big turning point in 'The Goon' storyline," Powell said. "I introduce a whole lot of new villains and stuff gets really violent from there." On his blog, Powell said the two issue story "will focus on a gang war between the Goon and the new invading clan of witches composed of what is left of the Zombie Priest's race. If you've liked the more gritty and noirish episodes of the Goon, like 'Chinatown' & 'The Mystery of Mr. Wicker,' this will be right up your alley."

Returning to Issue #44, Powell said, "This issue is all about Lagarto Hombre, people seem to like him." Most of the issue is in Spanish, "so if you don't speak Spanish, I hope you know a friend who speaks Spanish so they can read it to you. The cover of Issue #44 is completely in Spanish, except for the words "The Goon."
    More here:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=47265

Good to finally have some sort of word on what's going on.

Yeah, glad to see it's coming back.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

At last! all in Spanish, eh? hmmm... will have to fire up my on-line translator, I guess. But, oh! good to have word of Goon's return.
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I don't know if the ending will make too much of a difference because the mini series format should be fine for keeping the story going. Actually, it could work even better. If you read Billy the Kid's Old Timey Oddities, Powell writes it as mini series and the books are do a great job of each series containing a story and fitting the arcs together.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel