Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 154
  1. #136
    Junior Member Rainzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, I actually just said that he wasn't more important than John or Clark and that she'll get on just fine without him in her love life. Superman was just a fantasy crush that she had and knew wouldn't go anywhere.......I just said this. I'll give you that it's not been said that she's in love with Superman......but she still did wish that she was his wife in a fantasy....so that did happen. There's nothing to actually say that she still doesn't hold out a small candle of hope that their impossible relationship will happen. She has yet to say anything like "I don't want to be Superman's wife anymore" and they haven't interacted enough in the 5 years past to tell us this. So for all you or I know she probably still probably has a big attraction to him like before......I mean it's not like she's all that much into John.

    But no as we can clearly see her attraction to Superman does not run her life (I've already said this) or even come up really like any other attraction to someone famous wouldn't come up in life unless provoked...which it has yet to be.
    I was gonna reply but when I saw yours, I guess you said it better :).
    @misslane, we(Superlad93 and I) aren't implying or saying that Lois' life is run by Superman. And I in no way am saying that Lois is with Jonathan to cover up for the fact that she can't get Superman. My Bieber example did justice to my explanation of the whole John thing (I hope).
    Btw, can someone tell me how to multi quote? I mean, how do you quote more than one person in a single reply
    Cerebral Assassin

  2. #137
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But no as we can clearly see her attraction to Superman does not run her life (I've already said this) or even come up really like any other attraction to someone famous wouldn't come up in life unless provoked...which it has yet to be.
    I know this is your point, which is why I can't understand why you took issue with my initial comments and why you are continuing to act as though we disagree. There's no evidence that Superman is an important figure in Lois Lane's life. She's not in love with him and she's not caught up in a fantasy about being with him someday. We both seem to agree on this, so what's left to say? I don't know. Whatever. Let's agree to disagree, I guess?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainzo View Post
    @misslane, we(Superlad93 and I) aren't implying or saying that Lois' life is run by Superman. And I in no way am saying that Lois is with Jonathan to cover up for the fact that she can't get Superman.
    You implied that Lois still holds onto Superman as her ultimate fantasy man and you suggested "Lois never had deep feeling for Clark but she had for Superman," which just isn't true. Outside of one ambiguous moment in a comic set five years in the past, Lois has not appeared to have any interest in Superman at all.
    Last edited by misslane38; 11-27-2012 at 06:06 PM.

  3. #138
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I know this is your point, which is why I can't understand why you took issue with my initial comments and why you are continuing to act as though we disagree. There's no evidence that Superman is an important figure in Lois Lane's life. She's not in love with him and she's not caught up in a fantasy about being with him someday. We both seem to agree on this, so what's left to say? I don't know. Whatever. Let's agree to disagree, I guess?



    You implied that Lois still holds onto Superman as her ultimate fantasy man and you suggested "Lois never had deep feeling for Clark but she had for Superman," which just isn't true. Outside of one ambiguous moment in a comic set five years in the past, Lois has not appeared to have any interest in Superman at all.
    If that's the case then lets agree to agree

  4. #139
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainzo View Post
    I think we should all forget the 1-12 issues of Superman. They were all over the place
    Nah: I mostly liked 'em. It was nice seeing Supermans supporting cast again after so long.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  5. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    If you're lying to them because you believe it is the best way to keep them safe, then that's where to find the love in the lies. It's a cowardly sort of love yet it's love nonetheless. I believe a woman would forgive the man who lied to her to protect her because she would understand that he would only feel comfortable revealing everything if they both knew in their hearts that he or she was "the one" and thus they would do anything for each other. A woman would forgive the lies if she knew that she was told everything the second her man knew he could never love anyone else.
    So ten years from now your spouse tells you they were a CIA agent all along and theyve been doing amazing and dangerous things every day while you thought they were working some lame desk job. You find out theyve almost died dozens of times and have killed a crap load of people.

    Yea.... thats a divorce.

  6. #141
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    So ten years from now your spouse tells you they were a CIA agent all along and theyve been doing amazing and dangerous things every day while you thought they were working some lame desk job. You find out theyve almost died dozens of times and have killed a crap load of people.

    Yea.... thats a divorce.
    You didn't read what I wrote, did you? You can't have, if this is the conclusion you drew from my comments. I specifically said a woman would be okay with a man lying to her about a secret life where he has superpowers he uses to save the world as long as it was clear he divulged everything as soon as he knew in his heart that she was "the one" for him. He wouldn't want to unnecessarily put her life at risk unless he knew she was the love of his life. Obviously, such a realization would have to occur before even an engagement were to take place let alone years of marriage.

  7. #142
    The-One-Above-All robcastor729's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Goleta, Ca
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Do they explain why the yellow sun effects H'el differently ?
    Plus
    Does Superman know what Superboy is?
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

  8. #143
    Veteran Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,642

    Default

    I think he knows he's a clone from Supergirl, but beyond that I don't see how he can know much else. Despite an obvious resemblance he probably doesn't even know yet that he's a clone of him. Though I admit I could be forgetting something.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-29-2012 at 05:06 PM.

  9. #144
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,888

    Default

    This was probably the best Superman has been in the NU52, just some really great characterization and fun action.

  10. #145
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This was probably the best Superman has been in the NU52, just some really great characterization and fun action.
    Wow the best? I liked it too, but why did you like it so much.....enough to call it the best..

  11. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Wow the best? I liked it too, but why did you like it so much.....enough to call it the best..
    I suspect he's speaking to the Superman title, rather than Superman as a character (ie, not counting Grant Morrison).
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  12. #147
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I suspect he's speaking to the Superman title, rather than Superman as a character (ie, not counting Grant Morrison).
    Indeed, this issue was the best Superman the title has been in some time. I wouldn't put it up with All Star, or Geoff John's run but it was a solid issue in it's own right.

    I really liked Clark in this issue, the character work that they did here made it so this was the first time in the DCnu where I felt he was a real person and not just a secret identity. For me that's an integral aspect of Superman and one that's been lacking, even in Morrison's Action Comics.

    On top of that I really loved the interaction with Supergirl and the way this issue built on the cliffhanger from her book last month. It was spot on and I'm excited to see how she reacts to the manipulations of H'El.

    Heck, this issue even made me care about Superboy, which is something that I haven't felt since like his second or third issue last year.

  13. #148
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    hmmm

    I actually wasn't a fan of johns' run. So much of it seemed to revel in nostalgia for the reeve movies, and I just don't really like them that much.

    This is much more exciting because it's firmly in the vein of all-star, the most exciting comics version of superman.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

    make mine DC, thanks

  14. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    So ten years from now your spouse tells you they were a CIA agent all along and theyve been doing amazing and dangerous things every day while you thought they were working some lame desk job. You find out theyve almost died dozens of times and have killed a crap load of people.

    Yea.... thats a divorce.
    That sounds more like a movie than a divorce.

  15. #150
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the Dagman View Post
    That sounds more like a movie than a divorce.
    A brad pitt movie? lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •