Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Oh come on. You said "I'll leave it at that for now", and then proceeded to add post after post, all of them complaining. You're totally in the right to do that, but that's pretty funny, and it's okay to admit it.
    It's not funny because when I said "for now" that's exactly what I meant. I still haven't elaborated on the first thoughts I posted. Now, do you have anything of substance to add to this conversation or do you just want to keep talking about me? Because I'm pretty sure that's against the rules. If you want to continue this conversation with me, send me a private message. I'm done; it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rude.cherub View Post
    No it doesn't. For five decades before 1990 Superman didn't get together with Lois Lane. The great thing about the New 52 is the story can develop in any direction, there is no certainity its going to be one way rather than another.
    Not true at all. Superman and Lois were a couple who had a physical relationship back in the Bronze Age, according to writer Martin Pasko.

Lois is the most Amazing Woman Superman has ever seen, but Wonder Woman is the most Magnificent, is a quote from the books.
    Doesn't apply to this continuity. And, really, what's the difference?

And I'm really glad that isn't going to happen.
    It's funny how the same person who said "there is no certainty its going to be one way rather than another" can make a comment like this.
    Last edited by misslane38; 11-26-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    It's not funny because when I said "for now" that's exactly what I meant. I still haven't elaborated on the first thoughts I posted. Now, do you have anything of substance to add to this conversation or do you just want to keep talking about me? Because I'm pretty sure that's against the rules. If you want to continue this conversation with me, send me a private message. I'm done; it's time to move on.
    Haha, okay okay. Utterly without humor, I see.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Interesting what went on before between Lois & Clark, looking back to Superman #1 it's clear that Lois is trying to set him up - ie pawn him off. ( she does with her sister Lucy ) Also she cuts Johnathan short as they get ready to go to bed - , he asks, "you and he ever?" Lois says, "nothing like that." *that* being I guess go to bed for snoo snoo, which makes sense of her comment about Clarks Mattress of Solitude, and his response.
    Jonathan is suggesting Clark was "pining" for Lois. The implication is never whether Clark and Lois had sex. I sincerely hope that Clark's comment about the mattress isn't about Lois refusing him in any way because that would make him look like a classless jerk. Lois in SUPERMAN #1 didn't seem to have a clue that Clark even had feelings for her, yet you're suggesting Clark is now making a statement about how his bed's empty because she wouldn't screw him? What a piece of work, Clark would be, to go from not making any moves at all on Lois to complaining with sarcastic bitterness that she wouldn't be his bed partner. No, I'd rather believe that line means something else, because the alternative makes Clark look terrible.

So the scenario appears to be that before Superman #1 Clark Kent made a move, she shot him down - and doesn't like to talk about it.
    There is no textual evidence to suggest that reading at all. There is no evidence Clark made a move. None at all. In SUPERMAN #1, Lois has no idea Clark even has feelings for her.

Johnathan question "He's pinning for you" isn't denied, all Lois says is "Shut up" which implies she knows Clark has feelings for her.
    This again make sense of her words that Clark is Forever Friend Zoned.
    Saying "Shut up" to Jonathan teasing Lois that Clark might like her doesn't equate to, "Of course he's pining for me. He wanted to date me and I said no." Besides, if that was the extent of it I, again, have to ask why on Earth would it not be the height of rudeness for Clark to turn that rejection into a bitter snipe about Lois not being his bedmate? Gross.

As for Clarks uncertainty this is going on before the 'date' of JL #14.

It's another example of how great the writing is, and how the New 52 is well coordinated and put together.
    The message, however, seems pretty clear. Clark still has strong feelings for Lois, even as he's kissing Wonder Woman. Clark and Diana are in a textbook rebound relationship.

Nope, I don't humor people who choose to poke fun at ambiguous comments rather than engage in on-topic conversation. I don't humor people who disrespect my request to continue this off-topic conversation via PM.

Heh! The entire convo with Lois and Clark gave me flashbacks of SV's Hex because of the awkwardness level between them. Been there, done that (of course SVClark's jealousy was understandable 'cause Lois was single in that universe and it had to hurt knowing that some other man was going to take the chance that Clark didn't take. It was sad seeing how that Clark realised that a moment of trying to make an old -and wrecked- relationship work, ended up with Lois distancing herself from him):

Superman #14 -preview-:
    Clark: "Why didn't you tell me you were going to live together with Jonathan?!" (a little more 'subtle' of course)

Lois: "Hey buddy I've moved on from whatever it was that happened or not, we're friends, I need my space and it's my life, just as I respect yours, so you can't tell me what to do."
    and...

S8e17 Hex:
    SVClark: "Hey Lo, do you want me to sabotage your date with whatshisname?...I-I mean, do you want me to call you if something comes through the wire...see if you're available?"

SVLois: "Dude, it's your life! you made your own bed, with Lana in it, so lie in it. I'm moving on. I'll always be your friend so...have a nice life, bye."
    Lois labeled him as her BFF, and it's clear that Clark still has feelings for her. Clark being bold when he's fishing for info about Lois' love life, but stutters and doesn't know what to say (he could have said 'we're only starting to get to know each other', or deflected with 'I'm seeing someone but it isn't serious yet') when Lois asks him about his private life. Unfair for Lois, weird and awkward for both of them. Of course Kara interrupted the moment but still...

It seems like something happened between them and both backed away from it -I think it was mostly Clark due to his other job and his reluctance to get closer and open up, and as a consequence Lois took a step back convinced it was not going to work-. I mean, it's not the same thing opening up to a fellow super hero, than to a mere human. INTERESTING reactions from Clark, indeed.

Clark has an odd way of moving on, though. SVClark talks about Lana, is able to look back at pictures of her and the memories he cherishes, and is able to recognise what went wrong with them and their relationship, without feeling guilty or sad after the whole 'I want power-krypto suit' debacle (granted, most of it was Lana's responsability after her decision to steal Lex's suit). =/

I hope there won't be the dreaded triangle. >o< That's what it's keeping me from being invested in this title. (well that, and the notion that Lois' potential as a secondary character sometimes feels like it's being wasted and/or ignored. If DC doesn't want Lois and Clark together, fine. *shrugs* But treat the rest of Superman's supporting roles/cast with respect. There are people who like them.)

PS: Lois looks beautiful!!!! *¨*
    Last edited by TomariS; 11-26-2012 at 01:35 PM.

BANNED

This is serious stuff we're discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Nope, I don't humor people who choose to poke fun at ambiguous comments rather than engage in on-topic conversation. I don't humor people who disrespect my request to continue this off-topic conversation via PM.
    And for my part, I rarely respect requests from people for which I have no respect. ;)

Very fine though, continue to your hearts content. I've said my piece, both on the preview and on your comments. Hope you get pleasure from your righteous indignation.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

No
    Lois is the most Amazing Woman Superman has ever seen, but Wonder Woman is the most Magnificent, is a quote from the books.
    You'll have to describe to me the difference in the two adjectives since they're synonyms. Looks to me like DC is delivering a similar story, only this time the women will be playing different roles. Now, Lois is the best friend while WW will be the girlfriend, whereas before WW was the best friend and Lois was the girlfriend/wife. WW seems more of match with Superman considering they're both superheroes, but Lois is the one he's most impressed by.

You don't see WW calling Steve Trevor her best friend still. She broke it off and, apparently, isn't looking book. DC needs to do the same with Clark. Lois isn't interested/placed him in the friend zone/whatever, Clark needs to move on. If he's going to pursue WW, then do that. Don't have him playing around the edges with Lois. And, the same goes for Lois. It's a cliche and it needs to be dropped.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    You'll have to describe to me the difference in the two adjectives since they're synonyms. Looks to me like DC is delivering a similar story, only this time the women will be playing different roles. Now, Lois is the best friend while WW will be the girlfriend, whereas before WW was the best friend and Lois was the girlfriend/wife. WW seems more of match with Superman considering they're both superheroes, but Lois is the one he's most impressed by.

You don't see WW calling Steve Trevor her best friend still. She broke it off and, apparently, isn't looking book. DC needs to do the same with Clark. Lois isn't interested/placed him in the friend zone/whatever, Clark needs to move on. If he's going to pursue WW, then do that. Don't have him playing around the edges with Lois. And, the same goes for Lois. It's a cliche and it needs to be dropped.
    Huh....wouldn't "magnificent" more be used as "beautiful" while "Amazing" is more like "Impressive"?
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

And for my part, I rarely respect requests from people for which I have no respect. ;)

Very fine though, continue to your hearts content. I've said my piece, both on the preview and on your comments. Hope you get pleasure from your righteous indignation.
    I'll be sending you a PM, seeing as how you don't want to engage in a civil on-topic conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Huh....wouldn't "magnificent" more be used as "beautiful" while "Amazing" is more like "Impressive"?
    Both words mean "striking" and "impressive," which could relate to anything from beauty to intelligence and anything else in between.
    Last edited by misslane38; 11-26-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post

Actually Diana Did want to still be friends at the end of it but she said they weren't gonna be seeing alot of each other anymore and Steve caught what she was saying and told her to just get out because she was Belittling him as Person. He was a Military Man when She met him and He was gonna Be in Danger Regardless. Now he will Be In danger and she will have no reason to get Angry when it happens.

Diana and Clark are so Hilariously not over other people Yet it makes me sad because Hooking up with someone when you both are at an Emotional Low does not Build a Good Relationship in the Long term. With Batman and the World watching to see the Repercussions they have more pressure than before when they were avoiding the relationship they preferred.

Veteran Member

Um, it looks good to me.

Nobody is going to attack me for saying that right?

In a continuity as dead as the superman / Lois marriage

Seems the Superman books might the books setting Superman and Wonder Woman to fail by undermining the sm/ww romance. So while Supes is written as a great lover and a man who knows what he wants in Justice League...he's a doubter in this book whenever Lois is around. I would have said it is a mannerism of Clark but the monologue of Lois is the most amazing woman ever seen and his going on and going about her boyfriend etc and being all needy. Eh, was not sorry for him then and certainly don't care about his whining now. You choose to go kiss WW and yet what are you doing here? Thought DC wouldn't be so predictable to follow every stupid teenage story right now to get people into camps but seems they are trying to do that.

The rest of the book well hopefully we will be treated to something other than cliched ovetones of love triangles.

Quote Originally Posted by killercroc View Post
    Seems the Superman books might the books setting Superman and Wonder Woman to fail by undermining the sm/ww romance. So while Supes is written as a great lover and a man who knows what he wants in Justice League...he's a doubter in this book whenever Lois is around. I would have said it is a mannerism of Clark but the monologue of Lois is the most amazing woman ever seen and his going on and going about her boyfriend etc and being all needy. Eh, was not sorry for him then and certainly don't care about his whining now. You choose to go kiss WW and yet what are you doing here? Thought DC wouldn't be so predictable to follow every stupid teenage story right now to get people into camps but seems they are trying to do that.

The rest of the book well hopefully we will be treated to something other than cliched ovetones of love triangles.
    ITA

They should have totally left Diana,Clark and Lois single

why the need to set a woman against the other? with superman as a thropy.

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Actually Diana Did want to still be friends at the end of it but she said they weren't gonna be seeing alot of each other anymore and Steve caught what she was saying and told her to just get out because she was Belittling him as Person. He was a Military Man when She met him and He was gonna Be in Danger Regardless. Now he will Be In danger and she will have no reason to get Angry when it happens.
    I'll have to give Diana a pass since she's new to relationship dynamics, but saying "Let's just be friends" is the kiss of death and, probably, the worst thing to say to a person after a break up. She's still learning. That doesn't help Steve, but they're done and both are moving on. Whereas, Lois and Clark are doing this dance that's been done to death and painful to watch.
    Last edited by MythicBrawn; 11-26-2012 at 03:18 PM.