Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Superman #14 Preview/Discussion

http://www.dccomics.com/galleries/superman-14-preview

Well, Supergirl #14 has already spoiled the cliffhanger of the preview.

Also, wow. Rocafort really draws a gorgeous Lois.

Yup, looks good to me.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

It is nice to see some of the DC titles connecting with one another. It seems this issue takes place not far from issue 14 of Justice League.

The promise of more Lois as one of Clark's best friends is always good news. Overall I enjoyed the preview, which is strange because I usually dislike Lobdell's work. Shower scene aside, this title seems to be where Lobdell is bringing his A-game. I hope to add Superman to my list of regular comics.

Oh, and hopefully Clark does not drool over Lois too often. Do not get me wrong, I am a Lois and Clark fan to the very end (except in Smallville), but if he decides to pursue a relationship with Diana I hope she is not treated like a second choice. I could not stand that type of behavior in Spectacular Spider-Man, and I really do not want to see the same from Clark.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

All right.....who's willing to bet Lois will leave this place thinking Clark has wild sex with Supergirl?
    Looks alright so far. Can already hear some fans complain about Clark's behaviour to Lois, though. Not exactly classy, but as long as it's acknowledged it's not (which it is, by Clark himself), I don't mind.
    Still....."still the way you left it"? When exactly has Lois slept in Clark's bedroom?
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

BANNED

Yeah well shit is going to hit the fan in this thread when a certain poster shows up, so Holmes out.

Not going to spoil things for myself by reading the preview but I'm still looking forward to the issue.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

This preview has done nothing to change my initial problems with Lobdell's writing. Lois is not interested in explaining her lack of journalistic integrity, and Clark is quite self-centered. I'm disappointed in both of them. In fact, I may even be more pessimistic than I was initially. So I'm just going leave it at that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    All right.....who's willing to bet Lois will leave this place thinking Clark has wild sex with Supergirl?
    I hope so. Lois thinking that Clark is dating Supergirl has a lot of potential for amusing situations and conversations. Especially if Jimmy learns about it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    I hope so. Lois thinking that Clark is dating Supergirl has a lot of potential for amusing situations and conversations. Especially if Jimmy learns about it too.
    I hope not. Not only could it potentially undermine Clark's secret identity, but being romantically linked to a superhero would put a spotlight on Clark that could threaten his life and the lives of people around him. I doubt that is something he wants. My guess is that Clark will explain to Lois that Superman helped him get an interview with Supergirl or he will connect her to his old Superman beat in some way.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Supergirl is hardly known to the public, so she'll just look like some roleplaying piece of jailbait.

A lot will be said, but I think Lobdell was a really good choice for this book.

Looks cool and promises to have a lot of humor. I can see it. I love when comics can have some fun. And I hope Clark can stop acting like someone constantly hung up over what Lois is doing or not doing. The why did I do this and why did I do that? Good grief, it's like teen angst.

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    Looks cool and promises to have a lot of humor. I can see it. I love when comics can have some fun. And I hope Clark can stop acting like someone constantly hung up over what Lois is doing or not doing. The why did I do this and why did I do that? Good grief, it's like teen angst.
    Yeah, one of the things I find so deeply disquieting about Lobdell's Clark is how he writing a 27 year-old man like he's a teenage boy. Lois and Clark scenes, even the tense ones, always do have a decent dose of humor, though. So I guess there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Yeah, one of the things I find so deeply disquieting about Lobdell's Clark is how he writing a 27 year-old man like he's a teenage boy. Lois and Clark scenes, even the tense ones, always do have a decent dose of humor, though. So I guess there's that.
    I guess 'leave it at that' wasn't quite accurate, huh?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I hope not. Not only could it potentially undermine Clark's secret identity, but being romantically linked to a superhero would put a spotlight on Clark that could threaten his life and the lives of people around him. I doubt that is something he wants. My guess is that Clark will explain to Lois that Superman helped him get an interview with Supergirl or he will connect her to his old Superman beat in some way.
    But nobody knows who is Supergirl. She's not even a "superhero" yet (actually, she's kind of believed to be the opposite). H'El, she learned English last issue. So it's not like she has ennemies that would threaten Clark. The worst thing that would happen to him is to be interrogated by the cops?
    And even all that is assuming that, y'know.....Lois will tell the whole world Clark is dating Supergirl, something he will deny even to her (she's his cousin after all, that must seem kinda creepy for him). Something she would not do, considering he's her friend and all.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I guess 'leave it at that' wasn't quite accurate, huh?
    Well, she did say "for now", so semantically, she's all right. We were just wrong to assume "for now" meant more than 10 minutes.