Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman Incorporated #5 Preview/Discussion SPOILERS

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59760

There's one reaction I'm waiting for...

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

LOL, is that Oracle?

But seriously, I'm getting some serious Grendel vibes from Damien Batman. The whole "future generations mutate the symbol".

Question. How does Batman know all this? Is this some of the info he got while he was lost (I'll avoid saying dead)?
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Looks fricking awesome as always.

Also, that's three appearances with future Damian by Morrison (666, 700, and now Inc #5) all of which with a slightly different future Damian costume. Just artistic licence, is Damian just changing his outfit, or does it mean the future is changing or that they're different alternate futures?

And uh, someone make sure batGRRL doesn't see this preview.

Everytime I see a preview for a new issue of Batman Inc., a part of me thinks about the fact we're getting closer and closer to the end.

Beautiful stuff by Burnham and Morrison as usual. Is it me or does it look like Chris is purposely adopting a sketchier style for this issue, in tune with the horrible future it's depicting?

BANNED

Not even going to look at the preview.

So psyched for this.

Positively stellar. Everything from Grayson cheerily greeting Gordon and the cops to the unanswered questions about Jason to the "end of the future" storyline actually having relevance to the current plot besides a "What Might Be ..." tangent that introduces new villains.

Arkham Asylum actually being the last "asylum" is pretty insane, as is an invasion of the 666 Wayne Tower by an entire Jokerized (seemingly) population. I've been curious lately, and now more than ever, chronologically how much time has passed between the 666 episodes - did the pentagram style gangland killing of various old Circus of Strange crime-bosses by Michael Lane lead into the next phase of destruction, where 2-Face-2 used various historical villainous gimmicks, kidnapped Terry McGinnis and Old Carter Nichols and Max Roboto got fed to the rats, onward to this? Unleashing Jokerized weaponized weather control systems could certainly lead to this sort of burning Joker-Zombie apocalypse.

Anyway, beyond that, more freaking gorgeous art from Burnham. I liked the subtle bit where he mimicked Andy Kubert's chamber with the "Two Batmen and Robin" display case, but amended Bruce's costume to be the New 52 model.

And the future-tech Ro-Bat is just awesome.

And of course, how could Morrison introduce the theme of circles and "threes" in Inc. and not have a third, full-circle visit back to the 666 future.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59760

This is going to be fun.

No no no.

Not gonna read.

No no no.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

How did Morrison get away with this? Even if it is just a worst-case-scenario future that on't actually come to pass.

No previews for me!
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Shut up shut up shut up.

I'm out of this thread!!!!!! :)
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    LOL, is that Oracle?
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    And uh, someone make sure batGRRL doesn't see this preview.
    Lol, hate to disappoint guys, but it's an alternate reality future story. Seriously, who cares? Even when a writer states a future in their book is canon, pretty much every OTHER writer and future writers will simply ignore it for newer future stories of THEIR preferred futures/alternate reality stories down the pike. Now, let me get back to anticipating the next issue of Batgirl coming out in the next 2 1/2 weeks!

Although I notice with amusement that once again some posters automatically equate "butt in wheelchair = Oracle", like the Oracle mystique originates in Barbara's butt being in a sitting position. Who's to say she still doesn't call herself Batgirl, or heck maybe even Commissioner Gordon in this story?

Oh yeah, now that I remember isn't this a continuation of the alternate future reality presented in Detective Comics #700? And there she was Commissioner Gordon. What ev's, enjoy the book!
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 11-26-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Just when you thought this couldn't get any better... Man, I love how every story beat comes full circle... All of it is connected like a giant tapestry... Who would have imagined any f this six years ago when Morrison first took over...
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....

Damian adopting Midnighters chin spike? Love it Ahahaha.
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Who's to say she still doesn't call herself Batgirl, or heck maybe even Commissioner Gordon in this story? Food for thought.
    A 50 year old woman calling herself Batgirl is even more pathetic than a 30 year old doing so, so my guess is no.