Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Agreed calling her a whore is just idiotic, But I find that most posts and people calling women whores or sluts just idiotic rants
    I agree. A woman who likes sex is a whore? Just plain crazy. Rush Limbaugh, is that you hiding behind this thread?
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    I agree. A woman who likes sex is a whore? Just plain crazy. Rush Limbaugh, is that you hiding behind this thread?
    Yeah, like I said earlier to be a whore you technically gotta charge. If nothing else, social values aside labeling her a whore is inaccurate by definition.

The only instance where you can arguably make that case was with Juggernaut as he was technically Jens client she presumably charged for services rendered. But that was retconned.

I suppose you could make the case that she is sexually promiscuous (which by defination of some might make her a slut) but certainly not a whore. Course, I personally nothing innately wrong about being a slut (or whatver the male equivalent is of that term) since I at least don't see the big deal with 2 consenting adults wanting to do whatever, but society just works that way for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    I'll do it when you stop acting like a misogynistic POS.

You're calling a woman a whore because she got laid? Screw you. You're a piece of crap. That simple. How the math works. Call someone a whore who isn't exchanging money for sexual congress? You're a douchebag.
    Mods since the attacks are getting personal please close this thread.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Guys guys guys.

I think you're overlooking something important.

This is Bendis. Don't take him seriously. That's how he gets his powers.

He writes stories where Cap makes out with a strange girl, has Thor and Tony comment on it, has Tony refer to Sharon as just some girl that he doesn't know well apparently, despite the fact that they've met many times, and has infact been slapped by her. And then he has Steve being sad about it and Tony consoling him about not getting to cheat on the girlfriend he has with the random elf he met.

And a couple of years later, he writes Natasha as someone who jumps Clint's bones because he paid her a complement.

It's Bendis. How he characterizes shouldn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulabulbul_Amir View Post
    Guys guys guys.

He writes stories where Cap makes out with a strange girl, has Thor and Tony comment on it, has Tony refer to Sharon as just some girl that he doesn't know well apparently, despite the fact that they've met many times, and has infact been slapped by her. And then he has Steve being sad about it and Tony consoling him about not getting to cheat on the girlfriend he has with the random elf he met.

And a couple of years later, he writes Natasha as someone who jumps Clint's bones because he paid her a complement.

That's always how I view things. I don't even make big arguments about it. If Bendis writes something I just block out the characterization in my mind. Like these were not the real Avengers. As a reader you have to do that with some writers. Like how some guys made Cyclops such a jerk in recent years. (you just have to think the real Cyclops must be there somewhere in another place)
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    sex should not be thrown around so much in the media as something without consequence.
    I don't see why not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I really hated that Bendis did that. It just was out of character for him.
    Story of Bendis' career.

We can go with either
    A: This is Bendis, ignore it (Seriously the sequence goes something like "hurr hurr hurr Tony's getting tortured and Steve is gettin' laid! The juxtaposition is funny, and it's even better because the self sacrificing person getting laid and the womanizer getting tortured!"
    B: It was Adultery and Cap is bad forever
    C: What we have goin' on between Reborn and Seige is a little nebulous and so maybe the relationship didn't quite restart quite yet.
    D: as C but also saying that time bullet comas and blue empaths fuck with your head.

But in all seriousness, because it doesn't make sense for Steve to cheat on anyone the premise that Steve and Sharon hadn't actually gotten back together is more logical than one where he cheats on her.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Why no E: Cap and Sharon are in an open relationship that hasn't been revealed to the audience yet as part of Marvel's super-progressive agenda?
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    didn't cheat on him with the grand dictator then killed herself?

And then there was time with Nick in theSavage land.

And all those years of lying to him about being dead doing god knows what in who's bed for King and Country....
    Sharon and Nick? When did that happen?

I think we can end this by saying, Cap is a no good cheat.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulabulbul_Amir View Post
    Guys guys guys.

Actually, I came in to catch up on what Cap was doing under Bendis' pen as I haven't read his Avengers in awhile, but yeah, your summation pretty much describes why I got my Cap Fix elsewhere. Bendis, imo, does a good Luke Cage, a decent to good Spider-Man, but he doesn't get Steve Rogers and I don't think he ever will.

I'm actually glad he's moved away from the books where Steve is appearing (at least last I heard)
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

If it makes sense...blame the character.
    If it doesn't make sense...blame the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Why no E: Cap and Sharon are in an open relationship that hasn't been revealed to the audience yet as part of Marvel's super-progressive agenda?
    Hell, that's got my No-Prize vote.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

My no prize is that is was single kiss (which it was) and Cap didn't feel like embarrassing the poor girl...
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....