Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's gonna get worst as Remender hinted at bad signs ahead for her.
    She dating cap, lost a baby, and now cap is cheating on her the lady has had it bad

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    She dating cap, lost a baby, and now cap is cheating on her the lady has had it bad
    Yeah, but Cap thinking about settling down with her? She's dead.

Is that the Jeopardy response or the "I don't even" response?
    It wouldn't let me reply with a flat "what."

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    You can't cover up Cap's indescretions. No. Cap had an affair and covered it up, just like he covers up other indescretions.
    Other indiscretions? Oh, well I guess there was a kiss between he and his first love (or android of her) in the super soldier mini. But he at least stopped after losing himself for a second.

Avengers prime was disgraceful on his part though.

I really don't know what Bendis was thinking with this. I'd actually like to see Sharon and Steve tie the knot one day, but not before addressing this little debacle. (And Im really pissed that this even HAS to be done because of this stupid out of character moment ) I think its on Steves mind a lot though. No man is perfect, everybody makes mistakes, I just hope he's man enough to at least come out with this info to the woman that loves him.(get on that Remender)

It baffles me that Steve didn't even so much as think of Sharon before going through all that. Its like there was some selective bit of amnesia, or more likely Bendis just ignoring that relationship entirely.

I'd almost want to just brush it under the rug, but then that would send the wrong message. I'm just pissed that this even happened. it seemed so thoughtless toward the characters history (big surprise right?)
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Yeah, but Cap thinking about settling down with her? She's dead.
    I will HATE Rick forever if he does that. Sharon deserves better than being a woman in a refrigerator.

I wouldn't even understand why he would want to do that. Can't a hero have a little stability in their life? Whats with the need to keep them from having spouses nowadays?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by junesdisco View Post
    It wouldn't let me reply with a flat "what."
    I was referring to the Avengers Prime moment where he slept with an elf girl, making Cap pretty unfaithful. I think the consequence should be an unexpected child, because sex should not be thrown around so much in the media as something without consequence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    It baffles me that Steve didn't even so much as think of Sharon before going through all that. Its like there was some selective bit of amnesia, or more likely Bendis just ignoring that relationship entirely.
    Bendis ignores a lot of what the other writers do until they get put into a film.

BANNED

I will HATE Rick forever if he does that. Sharon deserves better than being a woman in a refrigerator.

I wouldn't even understand why he would want to do that. Can't a hero have a little stability in their life? Whats with the need to keep them from having spouses nowadays?
    I believe that Remender said that "Every arc should take away something from the hero," during a Venom interview when talking about his views on storytelling.

Bendis ignores a lot of what the other writers do until they get put into a film.
    Actually, I believe at the end Thor and Tony mention Sharon as Steve is making out with the elf girl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    Actually, I believe at the end Thor and Tony mention Sharon as Steve is making out with the elf girl.
    ...you know, at this point, Bendis can get away with anything if people still praise him like that...

Other indiscretions? Oh, well I guess there was a kiss between he and his first love (or android of her) in the super soldier mini. But he at least stopped after losing himself for a second.

Avengers prime was disgraceful on his part though.

I really don't know what Bendis was thinking with this. I'd actually like to see Sharon and Steve tie the knot one day, but not before addressing this little debacle. (And Im really pissed that this even HAS to be done because of this stupid out of character moment ) I think its on Steves mind a lot though. No man is perfect, everybody makes mistakes, I just hope he's man enough to at least come out with this info to the woman that loves him.(get on that Remender)

I'd almost want to just brush it under the rug, but then that would send the wrong message. I'm just pissed that this even happened. it seemed so thoughtless toward the characters history (big surprise right?)
    This is one of the main reasons we do Caps Ethics and we address these issues. Steve to me is the embodiment of what America is supposed to be. Old fashion and idealistic... that's how I see Cap. But the Cap that I read about, that knocks up Sharon Carter during Civil War, cheats on her in Avengers Prime, and charges off all bull headed in AVX isn't the Cap or doesn't embody the ideas and principles that Cap was writers wrote for Cap to stand for back in the day. So there's a huge divide that's hard to reconcile. 15 years ago if you read about Cap knocking up Sharon or cheating on her, it would have to be a villianous version. Now it's the regular 616 and now we can finally have an honest discussion and question his ethics on things that are presented on the page.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

I was referring to the Avengers Prime moment where he slept with an elf girl, making Cap pretty unfaithful. I think the consequence should be an unexpected child, because sex should not be thrown around so much in the media as something without consequence.
    Mostly I was replying to the concept of pregnancy as a 'punishment' for promiscuity. This is usually thrown around on the woman's part, but I am just as bothered with a baby being Cap's consequence. It just doesn't sit right with me. Anyway, he can have a falling out with Sharon and his comrades and lose a lot of their esteem, which would be just as much if not more painful than some random baby.

I believe that Remender said that "Every arc should take away something from the hero," during a Venom interview when talking about his views on storytelling.
    That seems to objectify a lot of dead characters then doesn't it? (By that I mean they're treated as objects for a hero to lose rather than as personalities and characters with story arcs themselves)

And it keeps things pretty bleak on a consistent basis. Can't a hero get a good win without having something lost or unraveled every so often? I guess some people would feel as though that this trait of thought lessens the stakes and makes it seem like the heroes lives are perfect. (black and white thinking if I ever heard it)

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    This is one of the main reasons we do Caps Ethics and we address these issues. Steve to me is the embodiment of what America is supposed to be. Old fashion and idealistic... that's how I see Cap. But the Cap that I read about, that knocks up Sharon Carter during Civil War, cheats on her in Avengers Prime, and charges off all bull headed in AVX isn't the Cap or doesn't embody the ideas and principles that Cap was writers wrote for Cap to stand for back in the day. So there's a huge divide that's hard to reconcile. 15 years ago if you read about Cap knocking up Sharon or cheating on her, it would have to be a villianous version. Now it's the regular 616 and now we can finally have an honest discussion and question his ethics on things that are presented on the page.
    Getting Sharon pregnant was not villainous at all, it was just a bit of a mistake. These things happen sometimes, and there really isn't any crime against having a child accidentally. Its not even like he meant to "die" and abandon his child. (come to think of it, did Sharon ever tell Steve about that?)

And Caps actions during AvX were... right in principle and utterly wrong in execution. I get why he fought the X-men tooth and nail, and I rooted for him the whole way, its just some of his methods and the severe lack of dialogue (on both sides really) seemed unnecessary.

I must admit though I never think of Cap as an ideologue, I actually see him as just the opposite. He's above ideology and more about a unified and generalized feeling of patriotism and valor. For him to be ideological would take away his non partisan appeal and alienate certain people towards his role. Its the one reason I like this version better than ultimate Cap.

Steve will change and what Captain America means for the nation will change as we move forward. It just seems like some of his actions ring a little false to his character, I agree about that much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by junesdisco View Post
    Mostly I was replying to the concept of pregnancy as a 'punishment' for promiscuity. This is usually thrown around on the woman's part, but I am just as bothered with a baby being Cap's consequence. It just doesn't sit right with me. Anyway, he can have a falling out with Sharon and his comrades and lose a lot of their esteem, which would be just as much if not more painful than some random baby.
    Okay, I understand you.
    But here's the thing. Cap is not going to pay a consequence for sleeping with someone who isn't Sharon. It'll never be referenced again. In fact, Cap will face little consequence if Sharon died. "Oh no! She's dead! I'll be sad for a bit, kick who ever killed her's ass, then find a new girl friend, remember Sharon now and again, then I'll be over it." That's what annoys me about characters that are that popular. Nothing will change them.
    A kid though? A kid would be a great responsibility for Cap. And from the looks of it, Remender is doing that in his Cap run.

BANNED

That seems to objectify a lot of dead characters then doesn't it? (By that I mean they're treated as objects for a hero to lose rather than as personalities and characters with story arcs themselves)

And it keeps things pretty bleak on a consistent basis. Can't a hero get a good win without having something lost or unraveled every so often? I guess some people would feel as though that this trait of thought lessens the stakes and makes it seem like the heroes lives are perfect. (black and white thinking if I ever heard it)
    When has Remender done a happy comic?