Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Most ridiculous secret identities?

The most obvious would be Supeman's glasses. Who else has a ridiculous secret identity/disguise?

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Eveyone who wears a domino mask.

Diana Prince. Secret agent. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Power Girl and Black Carnay. It used to be okay with Canary with her just wearing a blond wig, but then she dye it blond. So much for being secret.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dudepool View Post
    The most obvious would be Supeman's glasses. Who else has a ridiculous secret identity/disguise?
    Pre-Crisis, Superman's glasses were shards from his Kryptonian rocket's windows, which increased his super-hypnosis power to let him subconsciously make people see him the way he wanted them to see Clark Kent - as scrawnier and not that similar to Superman at all.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Pre-Crisis, Superman's glasses were shards from his Kryptonian rocket's windows, which increased his super-hypnosis power to let him subconsciously make people see him the way he wanted them to see Clark Kent - as scrawnier and not that similar to Superman at all.
    And it worked over television.

Anyway, Green Arrow with Van Dyke has always seemed to be a pretty big mouthful to swallow. Then there's Donna Troy, who never wore a mask, it's just that nobody took that many pictures of her as Wonder Girl so when she ran into people as Donna Troy they didn't recognize her. Not very realistic in today's TMZ society.

With Wonder Woman, I always thought she needed a gods-given ability to disguise herself (or rather, to have the glasses work better than they should). It could be Aphrodite giving her the ability to "hide her beauty" or Hestia (goddess of home and hearth) giving her the ability so that she could have a "home" to go to when she wanted to.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

It doesn't seem to have worked very well considering the sheer number of people who suspected him of being Superman during that period. Of course they never proved it, so I guess in the end it worked after all.
    Life looks better in black and white.

To me, they're only ridiculous when inconsistant. If a mask or glasses is the only thing you say that stands between them and their identity, and no one figures it out, I'll but into it. But when people figure it out left and right, it ceases to be something I can support. Daredevil and Spider-man are have the worst secret identities. I feel like batman is a close second, we'll see where Death of the Family takes us. I never thought the writers gave away superman's secret identity that much, but i haven't read anything since the new 52 of his.
    Reading: All New X-men, Batman, Cable+X-force, Harley Quinn, Morning Glories, Sex, Sexy Criminals, Uncanny X-men, Walking Dead, X-men
    Like gum? yumyumgum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dudepool View Post
    I always thought people who can't get by this simple thing, or need more explanation maybe they shouldn't be reading comics.
    The glasses alone isn't the disguise, they don't "cover" anything. Being human is the disguise.

Last edited by Guicho; 11-26-2012 at 11:02 AM.

BANNED

I wonder who this is.

On the flip side, I read a story once where Barbara Gordon's brother met Batgirl and immediately knew it was his sister, because he says it would take more than a mask for him not to know his sister. This is in the same world where Clark's glasses work, and this was after a long time when Commissioner Gordon didn't recognize his own daughter as Batgirl. But somehow, this one guy had no problem. Bad story.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post

I wonder who this is.
    Abe Vigoda?

DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Clark's voice was also higher and shorter than Superman, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post

I wonder who this is.

Peter O'toole? Kenneth Branagh? ;P
    Last edited by Guicho; 11-26-2012 at 12:19 PM.

For a very brief time Aquaman had a human secret identity named C.King. Yep, C.King. And people thought Superman's secret identity was poorly hidden.

Heres an image: http://luchins.com/what-were-they-th...nt-too-bright/