Thread: Blacksad

Default Blacksad

Did anyone read this? I got recommend it by the owner of my LCS, and it looked pretty good so i bought it. It's a straight up crime-noir book, but all the characters are anthropomorphic animals, which makes it more interesting. It's pretty awesome how the species reflect the characters role in the book, so all the cops are dogs and foxes, the bad guys are reptiles etc. The art is some of the best of seen, if not the best, it's a real treat. I'd probably most liken it to Brubaker's work, although it's slight;y different. I'd definitely recommend it to any comic book fan.

So did any of you already read it? Thoughts?

I love Blacksad! It's great in pretty much every way. I can't wait for the next story to finally come out.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Got the hardcover collection of the first three books earlier this year - incredible stuff. I'm getting the latest volume for Christmas, so no spoilers please!

Probably the most beautifully rendered comic art I've ever seen, unfortunately that means years between stories, but hey: quality over quantity.

It's an awesome comic. I've only read the first book but seen images from the following books. Artwork is spectacular and story is great. I didn't know they had a HC containing three books, I'll have to look into that
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

yup that is the one to get. Darkhorse. The new one only has one story and is back filled with how the artist
    makes beautifyl H20 colors.

BANNED

Yup, Blacksad pretty much rules!

Read the first 3 books a few years back and loved it now that the last ones out in English plan on picking up both hardcovers

I have seen Blacksad and it looks very cool with that art. I have been saving getting the volume when i have more time to read in the coming holiday.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I just heard about this the other day, being a fan of noir and pulp I plan on checking it out after Christmas. I'm glad everyone is praising it!

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I have seen Blacksad and it looks very cool with that art. I have been saving getting the volume when i have more time to read in the coming holiday.
    There's two volumes

Just finished A Silent Hell.

Glorious work. Despite comprising of just 4 50+ page stories Blacksad already feels like this enormous, important series that we've all loved since forever, a real comic institution - and I've only just read it this year! That's some trick.

I read the first gn about 2 years ago and I loved it, next week I'm adding both to my collection finally

I took a chance on it and bought Blacksad: A Silent Hell #2 HC on amazon a few months ago and loved it. I was really surprised that I did as I've never read anthropomorphic books before so I had no idea what to expect. Here's a kickstarter about a similar project.
    My blog where I mostly do comic reviews

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit