Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I've been really impressed with how DC's handling these Bat-ladies. Obviously Batgirl is my favorite, but I've also been enjoying this new creative team on Catwoman.
    Looking at this assortment of characters it almost looks like DC's Bat-women have surpassed Marvel's X-women in terms of relevance and popularity, which I never thought would happen.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Agreed! The X-women seem to be all blending together of late, with no differentiating voices, IMO. But the Gotham Bat-women seem like a distinct and strongly voiced allotment of individuals.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Of the Bat Women books, I'm currently reading Batwoman, Batgirl, and BoP. Love all of the women in these three books. Batwoman is my favorite, probably followed by Starling. I just wish BoP was a better book (love the characters, I just think the writing needs lots of help). I agree with the person upthread who said they'd love a Starling-focused mini. Heck, I'd love a solo Starling ongoing (although that seems as unlikely as a mini! :)

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Agreed! The X-women seem to be all blending together of late, with no differentiating voices, IMO. But the Gotham Bat-women seem like a distinct and strongly voiced allotment of individuals.
    Perhaps Marvel NOW! will turn it around, but it's really a shame. They used to be such a strong, unstoppable bunch from the 80's all the way up to the mid-00's. Then Jean Grey died, Storm got married off, Emma Frost was defanged, Rogue lost her spunk, and Kitty Pryde and Polaris were shipped off into space.

I think it also helps that the Bat-women are each featured across seperate titles (some appearing in several at once) while really standing out among the crowds.

Keeping on topic, what would be some cool team-ups among these ladies you'd like to see some time soon? I can't wait for Harley and Ivy to cross paths again.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Keeping on topic, what would be some cool team-ups among these ladies you'd like to see some time soon? I can't wait for Harley and Ivy to cross paths again.
    Hm, team-ups I'd like to see:

Batgirl/Flamebird
    Batgirl/Catwoman (2nd team-up)
    Batgirl/Harley Quinn
    Batgirl/Huntress

Batwoman II/Starling
    Batwoman II/Katana

Black Canary/Batwoman II
    Black Canary/Catwoman

Any of the above in any of the titles I think would have great possibilities story wise!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Hm, team-ups I'd like to see:

Batgirl/Flamebird
    Batgirl/Catwoman (2nd team-up)
    Batgirl/Harley Quinn
    Batgirl/Huntress

Batwoman II/Starling
    Batwoman II/Katana

Black Canary/Batwoman II
    Black Canary/Catwoman

Any of the above in any of the titles I think would have great possibilities story wise!
    What we need to see is a new Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn team up, so we can see if they have been friends still, and how well they work together now.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    What we need to see is a new Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn team up, so we can see if they have been friends still, and how well they work together now.
    Shame, they only pulled it off in the end, Gotham City Sirens #24, when Ivy FINALLY practically admitted that she LOVE Harleen, when DC knew they had nothing to lose anyways, before rebooting it up. Hope she still does, if EVER they communicate together again, into this New DC - EHHH, who am I kidding, we have to WORRY about Detective Comics #15 first, where #14 revealed Ivy became Clayface I's WIFE *fingers crossed next week's Detective reveal it as a hoax*

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Shame, they only pulled it off in the end, Gotham City Sirens #24, when Ivy FINALLY practically admitted that she LOVE Harleen, when DC knew they had nothing to lose anyways, before rebooting it up. Hope she still does, if EVER they communicate together again, into this New DC - EHHH, who am I kidding, we have to WORRY about Detective Comics #15 first, where #14 revealed Ivy became Clayface I's WIFE *fingers crossed next week's Detective reveal it as a hoax*
    My guess it was Clayface under Ivy's control to believe that she is his wife. Thats they way the ending of the back-up in that issue made it seem. I dont think Ivy and Clayface working together is a bad idea.

Ya I know, Ivy at last showed she cared for some one (as a friend btw, I don't believe that they are in "love" not in till a writer makes it true, which I don't think they will) and the ended the series, I loved GCS, oh well.

Just a little team up will be cool, but it would be cool if (after Ivy stops herself from dieing, however she will do that) if she joins Harley in Suicide Squad or they both join a different or new ongoing team book.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I've been really impressed with how DC's handling these Bat-ladies. Obviously Batgirl is my favorite, but I've also been enjoying this new creative team on Catwoman.
    Looking at this assortment of characters it almost looks like DC's Bat-women have surpassed Marvel's X-women in terms of relevance and popularity, which I never thought would happen.
    DC has far fewer superladies than Marvel, but of the few that they have, they have managed to focus on the best ones and make them iconic superstars. Unlike Marvel, which has no clue what to do with their multitudes of superheroines.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    A meeting would be nice just for old times' sake, but I wouldn't want to go down the same old path again. Both Ivy and Harley have far evolved in the New 52 from their pre-relaunch states, especially Ivy, and I don't see the same old Thelma & Louise thing working still. Which is probably a good thing as it was already wearing thin in Sirens.

now if only we had Spoiler T_T

I'm enjoying Batwoman and recently bought the first Birds of Prey tpb and thought it was great, though best when enjoyed as its own thing and not viewed as any continuation of the previous volume. I was skeptical about Ivy joining the cast but thought she was handled well. I also liked Starling, despite questioning at first why a new character had to be introduced when so many great female characters already associated with BOP have been benched.
    DC: Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye
    Creator-Owned: Fables, Fatale, Lazarus, Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    A meeting would be nice just for old times' sake, but I wouldn't want to go down the same old path again. Both Ivy and Harley have far evolved in the New 52 from their pre-relaunch states, especially Ivy, and I don't see the same old Thelma & Louise thing working still. Which is probably a good thing as it was already wearing thin in Sirens.
    No I don't want a book with just the two of them. A team book, with more then 3 members would be cool. But ya a meeting would work just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brack360 View Post
    I was skeptical about Ivy joining the cast but thought she was handled well.
    Ya I loved the way Duane handled Ivy, he does it well, and I miss her on the book. He said that she would be back, but I want her back now (and on the team again lol)
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3