Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 195
  1. #46
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Think Ashoka will come back for the 7th? If she survives, that is.
    I could probably see this backfiring. In the mindset of those only familiar with the live action movies and never seen the Clone Wars stuff most people would be like" Who the hell is she?"
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  2. #47
    Member Nico Olvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    The previews seem to indicate that an awesome Season finale is coming, though.
    I really hope so. It's not that the previous stories were all that bad but this droids stuff is only the third storyline of this season. Only 3. (Onderon, younglings and droids and well, there was also this stuff with Savage Opress during the first episode)

    This 4 episodes mini arc format works well when there is some one shot episodes between them, to change the ambiance and all. But this season that's just one mini arc after the other.

  3. #48
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I could probably see this backfiring. In the mindset of those only familiar with the live action movies and never seen the Clone Wars stuff most people would be like" Who the hell is she?"
    My personal thought was that if their plan was really to have her survive and escape, then their plan would be to have her show up in the live action TV show that was originally planned.

    With Disney now working on films, who knows what the hell will become of that TV show idea. But I don't think they'd use her in the films. Not that they couldn't: even for people who didn't watch Clone Wars, it would be easy to re-introduce her and give a few lines of dialogue indicating that she survived the clone wars, yadda yadda...but since they want to have some sort of cameo/role for the original trilogy cast, I have to imagine that 7-9 are set a decent 30 years or so after episode 6. Maybe a cameo or easter egg reference, something as fleeting as like Aurra watching podraces for example, assuming she really does live through the clone wars. We'll probably find that out in another season or two.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  4. #49
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    The previews seem to indicate that an awesome Season finale is coming, though.
    Season 5 reminds me of Season 3 a whole lot. Lots of slower, more character-based episodes and side stories all stacked together one after the other instead of being broken up throughout the season, then 10 straight episodes of nothing but epic explosions and fights. Hell, the only reason we had one Darth Maul episode so far is because it was rescheduled out of rotation. It seems like a bulk of the rest of the season (10 episodes left I think) is all going to be Darth Maul and Savage forming the Shadow Collective, and said Shadow Collective fighting the Jedi.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  5. #50
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    My personal thought was that if their plan was really to have her survive and escape, then their plan would be to have her show up in the live action TV show that was originally planned.

    With Disney now working on films, who knows what the hell will become of that TV show idea. But I don't think they'd use her in the films. Not that they couldn't: even for people who didn't watch Clone Wars, it would be easy to re-introduce her and give a few lines of dialogue indicating that she survived the clone wars, yadda yadda...but since they want to have some sort of cameo/role for the original trilogy cast, I have to imagine that 7-9 are set a decent 30 years or so after episode 6. Maybe a cameo or easter egg reference, something as fleeting as like Aurra watching podraces for example, assuming she really does live through the clone wars. We'll probably find that out in another season or two.
    I can see that. A nice build to her cameo would help some. Although they'd have to explain why she wasn't involved in any of the stuff that happened in the original trilogy. Personally I assumed that Count Dooku killed her thus increasing Anakin's hatred toward him.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  6. #51
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Gregor was awesome.

  7. #52
    Elder Member The Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Otisburg, USA.
    Posts
    10,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    Gregor was awesome.
    He was. Honestly, if they'd combined the second and third parts of the this arc it'd have been a lot better. "A Sunny Day in the Void" felt like a waste and tossed aside a lot of the promise the arc started out with.

  8. #53
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    I just hate these droids. It's also weird to me because it seems like 90% of people in the SWU(even good guys) treat the droids like..well, like machines. Except they obviously have feelings. Even the friggin Separatist battle droids show things like fear. The people who do treat the droids well tend to treat them more like I'd treat a dog.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  9. #54
    Member Nico Olvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Speaking of that, i always have been kinda surprised by how much Anakin doesn't seem to give a jawa's ass about C3PO when in the same time he's all over R2D2.

    And by the way, is that ever been explained why Solo seems to dislike droids ?

  10. #55
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Olvia View Post
    Speaking of that, i always have been kinda surprised by how much Anakin doesn't seem to give a jawa's ass about C3PO when in the same time he's all over R2D2.

    And by the way, is that ever been explained why Solo seems to dislike droids ?
    I'm assuming he finds him annoying. Funny thing is since droids have feelings and Anakin built 3PO he's kind of..he's kind of 3PO's father.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  11. #56
    Member Nico Olvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Luke and Leia's golden big brother. ^^

  12. #57
    Here we ..... go DennyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Posts
    2,894

    Default

    I would love to own this series and watch it from the beginning, but it's so expensive still, what's up with that?

  13. #58
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    I would love to own this series and watch it from the beginning, but it's so expensive still, what's up with that?
    It's still relatively recent and I'd imagine it probably does ok in sales so no need to drop the price.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  14. #59
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I just hate these droids. It's also weird to me because it seems like 90% of people in the SWU(even good guys) treat the droids like..well, like machines. Except they obviously have feelings. Even the friggin Separatist battle droids show things like fear. The people who do treat the droids well tend to treat them more like I'd treat a dog.
    droids only develope personalities when you leave them running too long without rebooting them, which the main characters do consistently

  15. #60
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    I hope the next droid episode won't be as annoying as the rest.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •