Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I kept wondering if the human was supposed to be the kid that died saving Padme.
    Huh? Do you mean the kid who died fighting in front of Bail in Ep III? Different character.

I figure the one girl might run off and join Hondo's merry band of pirates before or after Order 66 hits.

I wish they had portrayed Grievous as this menacing as he was is the the last two episodes, much earlier in the show. What, did he just get upgrades to not suck as much?

IIRC, season 6 will be on Disney XD. They do year-by-year deals with Cartoon Network, but the show is produced in-house by Lucasfilm.

I think Anakin and Obi-Wan were a few years older than Ahsoka is before they were knighted. She's 16, I think. Though it might count differently for her species.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

i'm liking the show but i dislike the fact certain episodes are about events that happen out of sequences, either before or after each other like most of the episodes in the 5th season like the whole youngling arc was before the whole Darth maul arc.

i feel the main problem with the show is that episode 3 is a downer and a controversial one at that, it might have been better to do something with a different period such as the original period or the old republic/KOTOR period.

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    actually, unless their names are mentioned in the movies they can easily die before going evil XD
    That's true, but they've had some likeable/sad clone episodes. That one with the disabled clone that aged too fast who died at the end..man, it sucked(not the episode, him dying).

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    i'm liking the show but i dislike the fact certain episodes are about events that happen out of sequences, either before or after each other like most of the episodes in the 5th season like the whole youngling arc was before the whole Darth maul arc.
    I've always thought the storyline where they go to the planet with the personifications of the force should of been the series finale. Not that the show shouldn't of gone 5 seasons, but that it should of been simply saved until the end instead of being shown in the 3rd season. It wasn't some huge galactic battle, but it had an epic sort of feel to it all. It was by far my favorite storyline in the series.

i feel the main problem with the show is that episode 3 is a downer and a controversial one at that, it might have been better to do something with a different period such as the original period or the old republic/KOTOR period.
    What was controversial? You mean Anakin killing the kids? I too didn't like that, not because I thought it was wrong. Ok that came out wrong..I think child murder is of course wrong, but I didn't think it was wrong in "this is too violent" way. Only because it just was obvious they were screaming in your face "look how evil he is". I get the point was to show he was evil, but it felt forced. They could of shown the clones gunning down the younglings and Anakin cutting down other jedi and their apprentices.

As for it being a downer, it was but..we all knew it had to be. It's what you'd expect from a movie where the bad guys win. Empire Strikes back was kind of a downer, but it was also probably the best movie in the entire series.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-26-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I think controversial was the wrong word to use. I meant more unliked.

I understand what you mean and i think the main problem with the clone wars is how to end it without really bringing the movies to end it.

I do hope we see some characters from the force unleashed make a cameo like general kota and the Malek family would be cool.

I remember hearing rumors they'd use Starkiller in the live action series and thought it could be cool. Is the live action thing even still happening now?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I'd like to think they'd end it by sort of redoing the capture of Palpatine in the mini-clonewars series. The way that moved directly into Episode III worked really well in my opinion so I'd be cool with this series following that.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'd like to think they'd end it by sort of redoing the capture of Palpatine in the mini-clonewars series. The way that moved directly into Episode III worked really well in my opinion so I'd be cool with this series following that.
    I can get this, but I also feel like it would sort of just be them going through the motions. Like ok we have to get this part in somewhere. I wouldn't mind if the series ended with them simply getting the call to come rescue Palpatine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I wish they had portrayed Grievous as this menacing as he was is the the last two episodes, much earlier in the show. What, did he just get upgrades to not suck as much?
    I wish they'd portray Grievous to be as menacing as he was in the first Clone Wars series that wasn't 3D. Though keep in mind Grievous wasn't exactly up against terribly skilled jedi in the recent episodes.

I'm also going to point out I'm still shocked that Lucas never even gives us a throwaway line in Ep 3 to explain why he has that cough. He surely couldn't of thought a majority of people going to the theater would of watched the cartoon. It would of been as easy as Anakin or Obi Wan making some comment when they encounter him in the beginning like "Master Windu got you good" or something.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-27-2012 at 07:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Padawans don't become Knights right away. It takes several years before that happens and Ashoka has only been under Anakin's tutelage for a couple of years at best. It took Obi-wan twelve years and Anakin nearly as long. Luke only became a Knight because there was no way for Yoda to keep training him and he managed to avoid turning at Endor. But he still had a lot to learn.
    [During the Clone Wars,]
    Many Padawans were promoted faster than was usually viewed as appropriate, and less Jedi were being transferred to the Jedi Service Corps than before.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Padawan
    - as stated in the novel Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post

I wish they'd portray Grievous to be as menacing as he was in the first Clone Wars series that wasn't 3D. Though keep in mind Grievous wasn't exactly up against terribly skilled jedi in the recent episodes.
    The problem with this though is that the Jedi in the 2D Clone Wars minis were overpowered Supermen, destroying Submarines with force blasts and removing all the nuts and bolts from armies of Droids with a wave of their hand. If the Greivous that was fighting *that* kind of exaggerated Jedi were placed in the more movie-like Clone Wars series would be too over the top. That time he fought Obi-Wan in the hallway last season he actually did a number on Obi-Wan in the Lightsaber battle, forcing Obi-Wan to use Force Pushes just to try to make a comeback; I think he's at a pretty good balance over the last few seasons between his Movie and 2D versions.
    I'm also going to point out I'm still shocked that Lucas never even gives us a throwaway line in Ep 3 to explain why he has that cough. He surely couldn't of thought a majority of people going to the theater would of watched the cartoon. It would of been as easy as Anakin or Obi Wan making some comment when they encounter him in the beginning like "Master Windu got you good" or something.
    He coughs in the 3D Clone Wars show though, but not as much. So it's possible Lucas had no real intention of making Windu's attack in the Gendy series the full canon explanation for the cough.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i think in canon, the 2d clone wars series is stated to be a film series, to explain all the exaggeration

I remember hearing rumors they'd use Starkiller in the live action series and thought it could be cool. Is the live action thing even still happening now?
    As far as I can find, it's still on. The delay has always been due to the expense of CGI. Lucas has been compiling scripts (over 50 at last official word) waiting for movie-quality CGI to become cheap enough to do on a TV series.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    He coughs in the 3D Clone Wars show though, but not as much. So it's possible Lucas had no real intention of making Windu's attack in the Gendy series the full canon explanation for the cough.
    Meh, I honestly like the Windu destroying his ribcage explanation better. In the second hald of the 2D series took place in the third year of the war, this takes place in the second one, so maybe this Grevious is after some wear and tear and in the third year he got himself some upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    The problem with this though is that the Jedi in the 2D Clone Wars minis were overpowered Supermen, destroying Submarines with force blasts and removing all the nuts and bolts from armies of Droids with a wave of their hand. If the Greivous that was fighting *that* kind of exaggerated Jedi were placed in the more movie-like Clone Wars series would be too over the top. That time he fought Obi-Wan in the hallway last season he actually did a number on Obi-Wan in the Lightsaber battle, forcing Obi-Wan to use Force Pushes just to try to make a comeback; I think he's at a pretty good balance over the last few seasons between his Movie and 2D versions.
    i think in canon, the 2d clone wars series is stated to be a film series, to explain all the exaggeration
    As far as I know it's only a fan theory. Honestly I didn't see the Jedi as being too overpowered, It was Highest amongst the Jedi Masters who did this, not Knights, one would expect them to be so amazingly intuned with the force.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post

I've always thought the storyline where they go to the planet with the personifications of the force should of been the series finale. Not that the show shouldn't of gone 5 seasons, but that it should of been simply saved until the end instead of being shown in the 3rd season. It wasn't some huge galactic battle, but it had an epic sort of feel to it all. It was by far my favorite storyline in the series.
    Filoni has hinted they'll be doing something else involving Mortis at some point.

And I strongly suspect that it will show up in the sequel trilogy in some way. It's an idea from Lucas himself, it's obviously hugely important to the Force. I feel like it should come up in the movies.

He'd probably be a kid, so I doubt there'd be much besides cameos.

IIRC, Rick McKallum said there were 50 scripts or more completed. It's a matter of getting to the point where the budget is workable, he said something like a million per episode would be the max they would want to produce it for. Then it's a matter of distribution, as both regular TV and premium cable have advantages and drawbacks.

I can get this, but I also feel like it would sort of just be them going through the motions. Like ok we have to get this part in somewhere. I wouldn't mind if the series ended with them simply getting the call to come rescue Palpatine.
    The finale will probably focus on resolving things for Ashoka and Rex. The latter is almost a surefire heroic death. Ashoka might leave the Jedi Order or something. I can't imagine her getting killed, and then it not being something ever mentioned to or by Anakin in Episode III.

I wish they'd portray Grievous to be as menacing as he was in the first Clone Wars series that wasn't 3D.
    I thought they went a little overboard there, as they did with the powers in general. But eps like this, and some of the comics, have found a happy medium.

I'm also going to point out I'm still shocked that Lucas never even gives us a throwaway line in Ep 3 to explain why he has that cough. He surely couldn't of thought a majority of people going to the theater would of watched the cartoon.
    You have it backwards. He had the cough in the movie, then the cartoon makers threw that chest-crush scene in to explain. The reason for it is to tie with Vader: apparently cyborg technology isn't great when it comes to breathing.

It would of been as easy as Anakin or Obi Wan making some comment when they encounter him in the beginning like "Master Windu got you good" or something.
    I think that would be a little too confusing or off-putting for people who only watched the movies? "Wait, what? When did Windu get him? Huh?"

Now we see him coughing in TCW well before that happens, but you might notice in in EP III is cough is far worse in the Coruscant scenes than later. One could surmise that his condition got aggravated during those events. He's back to his normal self by the time he fights Obi-Wan.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    [During the Clone Wars,]
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Padawan
    - as stated in the novel Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    Yeah, the official site's databank entry for the kid (Paxi Sylo) from the Mace Windu episode implied that he made a holotoon of the events.

Incidentally, the Essential Guide to Warfare reveals that Ahsoka is friends with Scout, the female padawan from Dark Rendesvous.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

for the record, mortis has been expanded upon in the novels. we find out who Mother is

for the record, mortis has been expanded upon in the novels. we find out who Mother is
    Yeah, I haven't read them but I hear that those are pretty awesome. Fate of the Jedi or something, I reaaaaally Hope it shows up in some way in the new movies, there is so much story potential there.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.