Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 5

I searched for any topics about this but couldn't find any, which is surprising considering we're already 9 episodes in(it's possible the search system is messing up though). The most recent storyline seems to be focusing on some jedi younglings on the run from pirates. There is even a Wookie jedi.

I'm enjoying this season, though not as much as previous ones. One thing is for sure: I never expected to see David Tennant voicing a droid.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Tennant was good. Annoying younglings were annoying.

I don't know what they have planned, but this last story with the younglings is Grievous' only appearance this season.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if this is the final season, as rumored. Moving the show to Saturday mornings can't be a positive and the focus on secondary characters is getting old.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I also can't help but wonder how many of the younglings are going to be slaughtered by Anakin when he storms the Jedi Temple. Or be killed via Order 66.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-25-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

According to a few different EU sources, pretty much all the Younglings were killed. Sidious even had a ship designed to seek out a group of Younglings and terminate them. But they had disappeared shortly after the ship was stopped by two Jedi. Their fates are unknown to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I also can't help but wonder how many of the younglings are going to be slaughtered by Anakin when he storms the Jedi Temple. Or be killed via Order 66.
    Same. To think that that girl actually had a brighter future ahead of her had she joined Hondo instead of going back for the Jedis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    According to a few different EU sources, pretty much all the Younglings were killed. Sidious even had a ship designed to seek out a group of Younglings and terminate them. But they had disappeared shortly after the ship was stopped by two Jedi. Their fates are unknown to date.
    I kept wondering if the human was supposed to be the kid that died saving Padme.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Same. To think that that girl actually had a brighter future ahead of her had she joined Hondo instead of going back for the Jedis.

That would have been a more interesting story, too.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

With the comment about Yoda getting his lightsaber I was hoping maybe the next episodes would tell that story, but that would be awesome so..it's doubtful.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i liked these last few episodes more than the other four parter this season.

speaking of Star wars CGI, i also love the 2 lego star wars TV specials. they're hilarious

I thought Lucas wasn't too fond of the concept of a Wookie Jedi? He pretty much had the book's Wookie Jedi be written out via exile, and also didn't want any Wookie Jedi in SITH (Although there was some concept art for them).

Then again, the man always changes his mind, and he isn't exactly in charge of the franchises's direction these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I thought Lucas wasn't too fond of the concept of a Wookie Jedi? He pretty much had the book's Wookie Jedi be written out via exile, and also didn't want any Wookie Jedi in SITH (Although there was some concept art for them).

Then again, the man always changes his mind, and he isn't exactly in charge of the franchises's direction these days.
    Well the guy does have some kind of predjudice concerning Wookies. Chewbacca didn't get a damn medal!!!
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

The problem I've found with a show like this is every victory seems hollow. They fight for their lives and escape General Grievous? Oh well, you'll most likely be dead within 2 months. You help some planet get out from under the Separatists thumb? Oh well, they'll just be under the thumb of the empire in a few months. Oh, this episode gives you some likeable clones in it who seem to have things like honor, loyalty, etc? Oh well, they're going to pretty much do a 180 and betray and kill a bunch of jedi and most of them won't even bat an eye whilst doing it.

I still enjoy the show though, but it tends to rob a bit of the tension away. I'm still waiting for them to get bold enough to create a series based around the KOTOR era. Or heck it doesn't need to be KOTOR era, which is 4000 years prior to ep 4, just make it 2000 years prior, or 6000 years.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-26-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Hondo would be too visible given the nature of is operation and Vader would definitely not be a fan of his continued existence. The older Jedi who survived did so because they went completely underground and managed to avoid being found. Those who didn't do as good a job, well, they died.

I kept wondering if the human was supposed to be the kid that died saving Padme.
    You'll have to refresh my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur
    With the comment about Yoda getting his lightsaber I was hoping maybe the next episodes would tell that story, but that would be awesome so..it's doubtful.
    More than likely, it'll be told in a comic or a novel, once LucasBooks has the okay to tell it. After all, look how long it took to tell the origin of Palpatine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII

I think he undid that decree since he was going to be selling his company and he knew that Disney would want to exploit the idea of Wookiee Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato
    Well the guy does have some kind of predjudice concerning Wookies.
    No, it had to do with certain species not being fit for being a Jedi, due to their intelligence or their emotional capacity. Gammoreans were among those who were disqualified about five years back.

Chewbacca didn't get a damn medal!!!
    Sure he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur
    The problem I've found with a show like this is every victory seems hollow. They fight for their lives and escape General Grievous? Oh well, you'll most likely be dead within 2 months. You help some planet get out from under the Separatists thumb? Oh well, they'll just be under the thumb of the empire in a few months. Oh, this episode gives you some likeable clones in it who seem to have things like honor, loyalty, etc? Oh well, they're going to pretty much do a 180 and betray and kill a bunch of jedi and most of them won't even bat an eye whilst doing it.

I still enjoy the show though, but it tends to rob a bit of the tension away.
    No more than watching the PT, since we all knew it would lead into the OT.

BANNED

How is Ashoka still a padawan? She better get knighthood by next season.

Padawans don't become Knights right away. It takes several years before that happens and Ashoka has only been under Anakin's tutelage for a couple of years at best. It took Obi-wan twelve years and Anakin nearly as long. Luke only became a Knight because there was no way for Yoda to keep training him and he managed to avoid turning at Endor. But he still had a lot to learn.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Oh, this episode gives you some likeable clones in it who seem to have things like honor, loyalty, etc? Oh well, they're going to pretty much do a 180 and betray and kill a bunch of jedi and most of them won't even bat an eye whilst doing it.
    actually, unless their names are mentioned in the movies they can easily die before going evil XD