Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I really want to see how Tian functions and is it too good to be true? I know Jean hasn't been sitting around this whole time.
    I'm thinking the same. Being a long time walking dead fan, I feel like I can tell when some thing or some place or some one is too good to be true. Xorn has got to have some kind of hidden agenda that he's using Jean for.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    I would be very happy with an arc set in Tian. I'm very much in love with the idea of a society filled with mystical and diverse super-humans and Xorn & Zorn just seem like amazing characters that can easily shape the the Ultimate Universe if they wanted. There is so much potential there that my mind explodes thinking about it.
    yeah I want to see what super powered beings do when they aren't under threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    I'm thinking the same. Being a long time walking dead fan, I feel like I can tell when some thing or some place or some one is too good to be true. Xorn has got to have some kind of hidden agenda that he's using Jean for.
    yeah I'm hoping she isn't drinking the cool aid without checking things out. I want her to have her own plans for protecting mutants and she should be secretly in contact with the other x-men.

BANNED

I might be in a minority here, but I think Xorn is a good, kind, pure, very, very smart being who fully acknowledges the ecology of all things. I believe Xorn could be the spirit of the age. And with a story about "Natural Resources" and the "Sentient Seed" supposedly having a force over nature that could cure famine and world hunger, I imagine he may want to help the people of the world, reach out far beyond international boarders allow him to and help not just his society, but all the people of earth and save billions from war, poverty, malnourishment, depravity, starvation and disease.

I think Zorn's powerset is out of this world. I think his powers are both awesome and imaginative. I eagerly await his return.

Mr. Wood, any chance you can tell us a time frame when we can expect to see some resolution to the "Ghosts" of dead mutants Spencer ended with?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Mr. Wood, any chance you can tell us a time frame when we can expect to see some resolution to the "Ghosts" of dead mutants Spencer ended with?
    I can't tell you that.

b

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    I can't tell you that.

b
    Well can you tell me if it will be addressed by you at any point while you are on the book? Yes or no will be sufficient. Also thank you for answering our questions, it's really nice that you take the time to do this.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Brian, what is your favorite non-mutant character in the UU? Will you be able to write that character at all?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I'm just gonna jump in and say this book is as good as Ultimates 1 & 2 and I implicitly trust Mr. Wood on the direction of it. Carry on, everyone.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I'm just gonna jump in and say this book is as good as Ultimates 1 & 2 and I implicitly trust Mr. Wood on the direction of it. Carry on, everyone.
    Exactly. Mr Wood, I just hope you stay on this book for a long, long time.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Well can you tell me if it will be addressed by you at any point while you are on the book? Yes or no will be sufficient. Also thank you for answering our questions, it's really nice that you take the time to do this.
    Not sure if its a yes or no question, to be honest. I don't fully understand the storyline Nick was setting up (even after talking to him directly about it), and as is the man's style, he had designed his UCXM stories to play out over years and years and years. I think if I can find a way to pick up that storyline and conclude it in a way that makes sense with everything else, I'll happily do so.

b

Brian,
    Your work on this title is incredible. I get excited just thinking about the story arc titles you mentioned earlier this month.
    I find this 'cure' much more refreshing as a story plot than Decimation in 616 was and considerably more menacing in its long-term potential to carry the story forward.

Is there any viable chance for a limited series or annual at least to allow you to explore other aspects of this shrinking mutant community?

Quote Originally Posted by emgeo View Post
    Brian,
    Is there any viable chance for a limited series or annual at least to allow you to explore other aspects of this shrinking mutant community?
    I have no idea, that's way out of my area of control.

Once #19 comes out, which is this week I think, you'll see where everything is going. #19 is really the true start of my run on the book in the sense that I'm not working off Nick's stuff or participating in an event.

b

I have no idea, that's way out of my area of control.

Once #19 comes out, which is this week I think, you'll see where everything is going. #19 is really the true start of my run on the book in the sense that I'm not working off Nick's stuff or participating in an event.

b
    Oh awesome - that sounds great. I can't wait to see where you take things now that you're on your own, so to speak. Admittedly, I'd really like to see where the storylines from Spencer's run were going, but I understand that it's not your story to tell. I just hope we get some sort of resolution eventually. But for now, I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of your take on the book.

Speaking of issue #19 and this upcoming arc - any reason in particular that Nathan Edmondson is cowriting some issues with you?
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Oh awesome - that sounds great. I can't wait to see where you take things now that you're on your own, so to speak. Admittedly, I'd really like to see where the storylines from Spencer's run were going, but I understand that it's not your story to tell. I just hope we get some sort of resolution eventually. But for now, I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of your take on the book.

Speaking of issue #19 and this upcoming arc - any reason in particular that Nathan Edmondson is cowriting some issues with you?
    Actually if anything the Apocalypse arc should be its own event. If it's just an arc in the main story it wouldn't feel complete. Like Spider-Men and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man the story would have felt weird if Spider-Men was part of the Ultimate Comics Spider-Man because it took place in the past. I suspect that Apocalypse Now event (yes that should be its name) would start next summer while coinciding with Ultimate Comics X-Men. It's doesn't necessarily have to be Brian Wood writing it.

Not sure if its a yes or no question, to be honest. I don't fully understand the storyline Nick was setting up (even after talking to him directly about it), and as is the man's style, he had designed his UCXM stories to play out over years and years and years. I think if I can find a way to pick up that storyline and conclude it in a way that makes sense with everything else, I'll happily do so.

b
    So it's a maybe, I'll take that. Again thanks for taking a moment to answer the question.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine