Page 197 of 213 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3194
    DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    T'Challa's role in Red Zone is first thing I remember from that arc. I thought, "Man, he's an untrustworthy jerk, isn't he?" Heh. ...I hadn't had a lot of experience with him prior to that, mind.

That was a buetiful set up. IF panther had blindly trusted the us govt and its buerocrats. He would of been turning advanced state secrets over the the red skull directly

So in the end. Panther was right

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    That was a buetiful set up. IF panther had blindly trusted the us govt and its buerocrats. He would of been turning advanced state secrets over the the red skull directly

John's stated on Twitter how fond he was of Panther and that his favorite moments included him. Shame he didn't get to do more with T'challa or Falcon.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

there is your insanely unrealistic company crossover pitch

a green lantern/black panther story by johns

Not even BP can save Green Lantern.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the movie.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Yes, if you really want to help BP for a solo run, then you have to build up his rogues. Killmonger trying to kill Storm. White Wolf seeking revenge against Atlantis and Namor. What has happened to Wakanda should be the launching point for somke great villians. Like many have said, BP cant kill Namor, but White Wolf,Killmonger, and Shuri(I see more potential of her as a ruthless dictator). ou build these up in FF,Avenger, and Xmen books, ou then set the stage for a solid BP series.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Yes, if you really want to help BP for a solo run, then you have to build up his rogues. Killmonger trying to kill Storm. White Wolf seeking revenge against Atlantis and Namor. What has happened to Wakanda should be the launching point for somke great villians. Like many have said, BP cant kill Namor, but White Wolf,Killmonger, and Shuri(I see more potential of her as a ruthless dictator). ou build these up in FF,Avenger, and Xmen books, ou then set the stage for a solid BP series.
    I agree with this. The problem is that Marvel is stuck on the same 5 or 6 villains and also they aint really acting like villains right now. If they got back to this I think it would do wonders.

It's time to create some new rogues for BP as well as elevate some of his other rogues. I've always said that I wanted to see Kiber as well as Killmonger return. Also Killmonger's children, who promised revenge against T'Challa should be revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Well, in Gyrich's defense he was being mind-controlled.
    Ha! Well played.

Oh, absolutely. Would've been a harder road if he had.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    It's time to create some new rogues for BP as well as elevate some of his other rogues. I've always said that I wanted to see Kiber as well as Killmonger return. Also Killmonger's children, who promised revenge against T'Challa should be revisited.
    They all need to be elevated. This is probably a controverial statement here, but I feel that BP's rogues are just not worthy of him.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I agree with this. The problem is that Marvel is stuck on the same 5 or 6 villains and also they aint really acting like villains right now. If they got back to this I think it would do wonders.
    This is my biggest gripe with Marvel right now, particularly the X franchise. We need heels.We need villians who truly strike terror.They should fully bite the bullet with the Phoenix 5.There is a place for tweeners in comics, but when nearly all of your top villians fall into this category you have failed.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ

They all need to be elevated. This is probably a controverial statement here, but I feel that BP's rogues are just not worthy of him.
    some are, but it depends on how they are written and shown.

Killmonger honestly should be in many ways T'Challa's Dark shadow...he is ruthless and has been shown to be many ways as intelligent and masterful with plans as Panther, with a huge amount of charm to persuade others to follow him. Achebe is an unpredictable madman that can throw T'challa off guard since he is crazy and can be every bit as sick and deranged and ruthless as the Joker.

I've always thought Solomon Prey should be resurrected as a vampire born of science, and he was an intelligent thinker as well. Plus his monstrous wings were very cool. the white wolf and those who choose to still follow him in the hatut zeraze could be like Wakanda's renegade version of the hand, who try to take BP out due to hunter's obsession with wanting to be T'Challa. here's a lot to work with in his rogues...

Rather see BP/Aquaman story....actually Mera and Storm in the story would have been cool...BP takes on Black Manta!

It's not so much controversial, as that they don't do enough with his existing rogues. They have to up the threat level of his villains not only to BP and Wakanda but to the rest of the world as well. Moses Magnum and The Master would be a great addition to his gallery. And he needs his own version of a Sinister Six with a brilliant mastermind behind the whole group.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    ^^^^ the truth and Don Mcgregor deserves a lot of props--because he was the only light in that maelstrom of idiocy.
    McGregor does deserve many props as I loved his work and have praised it on here...but his one fault is that he did detract from the image of Wakanda being an advanced scientific nation and T'Challa being a master of prep time. Mainly because he wanted to focus on the more human aspects of BP and Wakanda, but to the detriment of their preparedness for battle. Panther was wounded and torn up so much in McGregor's stories that Priest even made a joke about it in one of his commentaries, though he even still like McGregors work too. But anyone wanting to argue how T'Challa has not consistently been shown as a master of prep time could point to those stories....

Not really. It's true. It's not controversial at all. It's reality--though I'm fond of many of them, he needs bigger more dangerous villains.

The thing is controversial is my opinion on and what I disagree about with--not killing Namor. Hickman can't repeat (and *won't* repeat) the story from Priest ["That Business With the Avengers" #6-8]. Where he beats Kraven within a inch of his life but was stopped by the Avengers with Iron Man demanding that he stops. After Doomwar, there was something similar were he gave noble speech-- we are headed down a slipper path were Panther is all talk, speeches and phrriyc victories. He want lay his nation and kill his people and he will give a speech about it. At the end of NA--the message should be not to cross him or Wakanda. If he says he going to do something--then he is going to do it.

Yes controversial, but a talk and walk would tarnish the run a lot for me, personally.