Page 195 of 213 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3194

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    That's why I think that this is going to play out in NA rather than a limited series. Like you I want Hickman to have tight editorial control over his characters. The less chance of another writing screwing up what he's got going on.
    Yeah, that's a great point. I'd rather it just take place as a backdrop of NA. If they want to retail the story--ok, but it will be after the story and details are finalized

Plus, they are not at actual war as you said. It's more like a cold war.

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

The Marvell2100 Four Point Plan!

1. Agreed.

2. Agreed with an In Living Color "Men on Comics" three snaps and a circle.

3. Agreed because dude referenced me by name so that's like a shout out in Hip Hop terminology.

4. Agreed because I still hold to the concept of Black Panther... Significant Other (Storm/Monica)... Wakanda... Rogues Gallery... Period.

At some point a hedge of protection (I'm preaching now) should be placed around the character to make him a more viable intellectual property.

Marvel has to recognize the racism, Hatorade and blockage in their own house and make better revenue generating decisions centered around Black Panther.

If Hickman is the head chef then don't mess up the cake by licking the frosting before people sing Happy Birthday because that is not only gross but awkward.

Black Panther is saving the world but meanwhile he is worried about who Storm is going to bump uglies with next?

He is a man of science and if his ex wants to be another notch on the belt of someone beneath her then that is her problem because every time things like that are done with a character it drops their value to a consumer... You notice how so many well known popular characters have a virginal aspect to them it is because on a subtle level we want to think of them as having certain types of purity in their soul.

Remember how Lois in Superman Returns was shacked up with her baby's daddy who wasn't really the father and something just felt so off about that whole situation especially with Superman using his sacred powers to listen in (Spy) on his ex... Basically while Superman was searching for some remnants of his planet Lois was giving up the goods to a man we didn't care two cents for and didn't marry him even though she thought he was the real father.

The story should have been Lois waiting all those years for her true love to return and dealing with having to save herself from the villains until Clark got back and how she grew as a person... And Oh I had your baby while you were away now let's go from here as Lex Luthor finds this out.

We men can go out and be total freaks but when our favorite super heroes do it (Even as fictional characters) it comes off weird and less nobel because they as chosen saviors of man kind are supposed to be above us otherwise what is the point of escapism if they do as we do?

With Black Panther they are missing the love factor and the value of an overall world of Wakanda that has yet to be explored to give us a sense of why he is the way that he is.

Two different writers can have two different viewpoints but the playing around with T'challa needs to stop because it undermines what he should have been decades ago.

They may need to update his relationship to his father T'chaka as well just as some characters who had a World War 2 or Vietnam War connection as the sliding time scale keeps on sliding into the future.

The million dollar question now is not what the New Avengers will accomplish but will Storm do now that T'challa has made that request?

If she does not hook up with Wolverine then that means that they are leaving the door open for a T'challa/Ororo reunion... If she does do the deed then whatever requests he made are shown as insignificant and he doesn't really matter in the greater Marvel universe as a whole.

End of "Big Plans" and end of ever making this character work ever.

So T'challa is playing long games of Chess with time to spare with his ex while the Black Swan is destroying planets... Really... NO REALLY???

He's like Mike Tyson peaking in the window as Brad Pitt makes out with Robin Givens... It's reality show B.S. that undermines Hickman's meta plans.

And some of you question why I show Hudlin so much love while bashing these hacks... C'mon son man up!!!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

I don't know if there's going to be a war. We've already had Doom War and AvX and pretty much nothing was done afterwards. I think they're going to play this out in New Avengers.
    Yeah with the coming of AIM island and having three monarchs on the team, this book is gonna have some politics in it.
    Last edited by Moose100; 01-22-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Grammar Fail

Flex, that Jason Aaron pandering to X-readers. Look at sales, his title is behind--plus with the new Marvel Now books--so yeah throw T'challa under the bus. There is no way he would be worried about Storm and who she is going to be with next, with the Earth at risk and even the multi-verse possible destruction. I wonder--why there is a need to put her with someone right now, rather then focus on her --if that's what they wanted to do.

But, I'm ready to T'challa to move on and see other people.
    Last edited by Victor Freeman; 01-22-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Flex I agree. My only issue is why does Ororo HAVE to hook up with someone. At the same time I don't want to jump to conclusions b/c this relationship could wash out in not time flat.

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

What is interesting is how during and after Doomwar Doom himself was placed as someone that Black Panther could not significantly harm accept as a pyrrhic victory because he was going to be used by someone else in the Fantastic Four.

Why then is not this same protection afforded Black Panther where Hickman has him gathering the best minds for an intellectual battle with the fate of planet earth in the balance?

They need the polymathic genius level intellect counter contingency strategist Black Panther and here he is losing Chess games on purpose to his ex?

(Another checkmate...)

Reed: "Really bruh?"

T'challa: "Reed? I didn't see you come in."

Reed: "Of course not... I just snuck up on the Black Panther while he was playing Chess with his ex and letting her win. Get your head in the game son it's GO time!"

Storm: "Hey Reed."

Reed: "Hey Storm... I need to holla atcho boy a quick minute."

Storm: "We're kind of busy here..."

Reed: "I'm being too nice about this... If you are going to do the short hairy man gone and get yours. I need my mans here to calculate stuff I may miss and you are clouding the issue with meaningless Chess games. I need your boy here boots laced with full blown swagger on or we are all dead up in this piece. I don't normally get down like this but what needs to be said needs to be said... You pheel me?"

Storm: "Reed I..."

Reed: "Hush up honey because now comes the good part. Lookahere... If the X-ghetto wants to be all incestuous and whatnot who am I to judge? Besides the most lucrative part of your franchise is tied up with Fox Studios as am I too and that is probably what is best for now. But every time my homey here goes into your world he gets written off his game and it aint helping anybody it just makes what was once credible "Architects" look bad and Hatoradingly biased."

Storm: "Hatoradingly?"

Reed: "Don't interrupt I'm free-styling here... I once welcomed you both as family but now that you two are splittsville enough is enough. If he is not welcome in the X-world for who he is then don't invite him over there again or even leave the door open for teasing. The world is about to end and you two are playing internet footsie. Really bruh???"

T'challa: "Reed I..."

Reed: "Bro... Your skin color is not welcome in the X-world get over it! If you need me I'll be interrogating the Black Swan. Peace!"

Storm: "The Black Swan?"

T'challa: "Reed is right this is ridiculous. I can no longer drag what is left of my dignity down for the sake of a hating insecure fan base. I gotta go save the world and move the meta plot... Seeya!"
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Yeah, Denny took Batman to a more darker approach but imo it was Miller in his Dark Knight and more notably his Year One that began to do the prep work Batman is known for. Black Panther came out right out of the starting block with this way before the idea began being pushed with Bats.
    as true as this is, unfortunately the only problem with it is that it wasn't kept consistent from that original conception. Panther was indeed a master of prep when first brought out by Lee and Kirby, but he wasn't kept consistent with it due to his Roy Thomas showings in Avengers and as much as I loved his stories, McGregor failed to show this as well in Jungle Action.

Priest and Hudlin re affirmed his prep ability in their runs, but by that time it was only shown in those books that didn't reach a wide enough audience to confirm it, and with Hudlin especially it was seen as fanfic. with Batman, prep time was kept consistent throughout the DCU with various writers, and outside of Miller, it was especially cemented in Morrison's JLA. Batman became a prep "beast" in that book, which reached a very wide audience, ( from the first story with him taking down a gang of Martians) and thus confirmed with many his "prep" ability.

Panther hasn't had the same type of stage as that to prove his ability in this, and again, throughout the years, hasn't been consistent. Which is Marvel's fault...

Couple that with his recent beating by Doom, the flooding in Wakanda, and what-not, fans have too many examples to point too of him not always being prepared and it not being consistent in the character's history.

I actually even think Hickman letting those kids get killed while Panther was there is a strike against his "prep" ability and him being ready....I mean really, he should've at least been able to save one of them. Outside of that though I really like NA.

I agree that BP is a master of prep, but this needs to be shown on a grander scale in the MU outside of just his book, and consistently, like how Morrison did with Bats in his very popular JLA run.
    Last edited by jabu46; 01-22-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    as true as this is, unfortunately the only problem with it is that it wasn't kept consistent from that original conception. Panther was indeed a master of prep when first brought out by Lee and Kirby, but he wasn't kept consistent with it due to his Roy Thomas showings in Avengers and as much as I loved his stories, McGregor failed to show this as well in Jungle Action.

Priest and Hudlin re affirmed his prep ability in their runs, but by that time it was only shown in those books that didn't reach a wide enough audience to confirm it, and with Hudlin especially it was seen as fanfic. with Batman, prep time was kept consistent throughout the DCU with various writers, and outside of Miller, it was especially cemented in Morrison's JLA. Batman became a prep "beast" in that book, which reached a very wide audience, ( from the first story with him taking down a gang of Martians) and thus confirmed with many his "prep" ability.

Panther hasn't had the same type of stage as that to prove his ability in this, and again, throughout the years, hasn't been consistent. Which is Marvel's fault...

Couple that with his recent beating by Doom, the flooding in Wakanda, and what-not, fans have too many examples to point too of him not always being prepared and it not being consistent in the character's history.

I actually even think Hickman letting those kids get killed while Panther was there is a strike against his "prep" ability and him being ready....I mean really, he should've at least been able to save one of them. Outside of that though I really like NA.

I agree that BP is a master of prep, but this needs to be shown on a grander scale in the MU outside of just his book, like how Morrison did with Bats in his very popular JLA run.
    Geoff Johns did show BP's abilities in his Red Zone arc but I agree that the ball was dropped between what Stan and Jack did and Priest. The problem isn't that people are just realizing it but in the fact some deny it ever existed. Just becasue something hasn't happened or was shown over a period of time doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Last edited by marvell2100; 01-22-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Flex I agree. My only issue is why does Ororo HAVE to hook up with someone. At the same time I don't want to jump to conclusions b/c this relationship could wash out in not time flat.
    IF there's going to be a Storm/Wolverine relationship...it's SO not going to last. and I still say IF. The only reason this story is seeing print is to piggyback off of the BP/Storm controversy while making some waves with a connection with Logan for X- fans. It's soap opera-ish fan controversy on a Jerry Springer level and I am speaking as a long time fan of BP and the xmen. I've always personally seen Logan and Ororo as close friends, and to me this will ruin that friendship. I'm more of an advocate of her getting back with Forge if they had not ruined his character as much as they have.

But yeah, it'll wash out in no time flat...IF they actually go through with it...

Quote Originally Posted by StormXPantherQueen View Post
    What happen to Nezhno...and the Mindnight Angles
    unknown. captain.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Geoff Johns did show BP's abilities in his Red Zone arc but I agree that the ball was dropped between what Stan and Jack did and Priest. The problem isn't that people are just realizing it but in the fact some deny it ever existed. Just becasue something hasn't happened or was shown over a period of time doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Yes, I remember enjoying Red Zone a lot and his T'Challa was quite cool...I'd love to see Johns pen a Panther book as well, though I hate his current JLA.

And youre right, but things not shown consistently and on a grand scale over a period of time are easily arguable. In comparison to Bats, who has had huge moments in big DC events to show his prep time and his plans (I mean, that story where he had files on all of the JLA that Ras got his hands on, and the fact he created brother eye to spy on most of the world alone) BP's rep for it doesnt stand up as well. BP needs to be shown like this on a wide scale within the MU doing this, and it needs to be consistent enough where its not so arguable....which would be cool.

True! He was awesome through out that whole avengers series, probably the best I seen him outside the pages of BP!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

Yes, I remember enjoying Red Zone a lot and his T'Challa was quite cool...I'd love to see Johns pen a Panther book as well, though I hate his current JLA.

And youre right, but things not shown consistently and on a grand scale over a period of time are easily arguable. In comparison to Bats, who has had huge moments in big DC events to show his prep time and his plans (I mean, that story where he had files on all of the JLA that Ras got his hands on, and the fact he created brother eye to spy on most of the world alone) BP's rep for it doesnt stand up as well. BP needs to be shown like this on a wide scale within the MU doing this, and it needs to be consistent enough where its not so arguable....which would be cool.
    Yep, if no one see's him as a prep master tactician then you would simply look crazy to folks saying that he is, although it does seem the cartoons do a better job of that than some of the comic books.
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

Quote Originally Posted by T'Kyl View Post
    I think a great way to develop Wakandan characters right now is an Atlantis/Wakandan war limited. I know, I've proposed it before. But with the right writer it could explore Wakandan (and Atlantean) history and tech and characters. The war is hot right now on these boards so I think people would buy it. If the focus was more on Wakanda vs Atlantis rather than T'Challa vs Namor it would nicely set up a solo run for T'Challa.
    Its a brilliant idea dat even we/SZ hv also suggestd & of right now we propos mking it a Wakanda vs Atlantis vs Latveria(Tri-war/ War Triangle)...but of course sum massive disagreement is also needed btwn Doom & Namor afterall BP/Tchalla already has 'issues' with both or perhaps Wakanda just battles d 2 kingdoms simultaneously afterall Wakanda also has d kingdom of Necropolis.

IF there's going to be a Storm/Wolverine relationship...it's SO not going to last. and I still say IF. The only reason this story is seeing print is to piggyback off of the BP/Storm controversy while making some waves with a connection with Logan for X- fans. It's soap opera-ish fan controversy on a Jerry Springer level and I am speaking as a long time fan of BP and the xmen. I've always personally seen Logan and Ororo as close friends, and to me this will ruin that friendship. I'm more of an advocate of her getting back with Forge if they had not ruined his character as much as they have.
    And that is why you do it. It brings attention to both books and keeps some threads going.
    In fact think of it like this-what hit show airs on ABC that mirrors what COULD happen between Storm, Wolverine & BP? SCANDAL.
    A show about a White president, his black mistress & her ignoring/putting down of the black guy that has/had feelings for her.
    From a distance this Wolverine/Storm/BP things smells like something from that show.
    And considering Disney owns ABC & Marvel-wouldn't shock me if this was done by order.

And if it's not Wolverine-Sue Richards & Mr Northstar's husband-you might want to watch your men.