Page 181 of 213 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3194
  1. #2701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It's Roland's fantasy. Alt Storm's have been with different people he listed but Storm has never cheated on T'challa because she simply wanted to. In Roland's world Storm has been cheating on T'challa since they got married. Don't take it personally he's been saying that for years and will continue to.

    Anywho Hickman is doing an amazing job.

    o
    Would you take back a spouse that punched you in the face then threw the ring at your feet?

    Oh yeah and cheated with an aquatic being in another universe. just thought of this, but what if the New Avengers travels to another dimension and he sees STORM and NAMOR married and bumpin uglies. Then sees EMMA mind whipe them both only to tell NAmor that Transonic is in Wakanda, only to make love with namor in his mind as he destroys Wakanda.


    yeah My fantasy, lol
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

  2. #2702
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Perhaps Storm and BP fail to acknowledge much of AvX as many of our posters do.

  3. #2703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post



    ROFL
    I LOVE THIS
    Just read NA 2, excellent comic

  4. #2704

    Default

    Also as an Xfan, the only thing I can really get with is UXM.
    That was great before that AvX stuff and looks like the relaunch will be good too.
    I'm very interested to see how Beast joins the group, also BP will kill Namor soon, can't wait for that issue. lol

  5. #2705
    I am Rabum Alal Victor Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    Let's play nice guys.

    The AvX 'VS' issue was nothing short of a huge embarrassment in my opinion. It fell sort of being a superhero fight--and became a really, really low point for both characters--particularly Storm. Rather then what they gave fans-- a better story would have had Storm as one of the Phoenixes and the Fallout from dealing with that--regardless T'challa isn't the High Priest-- that's Shuri. Aaron has to know that-- I have quotes with him acknowledging what the Black Panther title means. T'challa is purely the King of the Dead, King of Kings and ruler of Necropolis. He's the Panther God's Black Panther--while Shuri is in his former role as ruler, leader of the Panther Cult and the Panther Clan. So he couldn't have annulled anything and the way he writes it reflects a disjointed message at T'challa expense. But i digress.

    It's hard to read stuff like X-men Forever, AoX, a X-men run with countless guess stars sans her husband and not think that the X-editorial intentions are pure.

  6. #2706
    Senior Member butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Ok. Thanks about the last line. However, the beloved "Professor Carey" had Storm slumming it with Flipper in some sort of reality warp called Age of X--that somehow didn't allow him to use T'challa, and there is no reason he could not have--like most X-writers. The Marriage issue in Astonishing X-men had Storm and Logan flirting---while she was indeed married. Just the routine disrespect shown to Black Panther from a office that clearly has some issues and has had them for since before I started reading.

    T'challa is really on the rise--he's showing up in all the video games sans Capcom's stuff (the equivalent of the X-office in the Video game world), he's showing up very powerfully in animation shows and most black male actors are lobbying to play his role in his movie. He's the central figure in the most important book in Marvel's flagship franchise. According to Axel, he's a prime candidate for a new solo. Yet, it seems that one business unit goes out their way to slander him.

    I'm personally good if they don't get back together and she is with Logan even though it's not a good look--just don't use Panther to prop up Wolverine. I could definitely see what you are saying--but I'm saying they are doing more damage then good. At this juncture--it's either support them as a power-couple that they were and should have been reflected throughout the Marvel Universe in genreal, but the X-verse in particular or move on.
    Well in O'roro's defense, T'challa interaction with the DM didn't help either, but flirting i agree is wrong.

    Tchalla was in fact in the Marvel Vs Capcomn3 in the credits when you beat the game with STorm. They share a good moment together at the end. It is also good Tchalla is getting his due credit. He definitely deserves it.

    As far as them using T'challa to prop logan though I couldn't disagree with you more. That preview showed Tchalla intellectual prowess over O'roro, and then you have that juxtaposed to Logan being shown as stumbling alcoholic who needs support from a telepath to combat his alcoholic ways. If anything the opposite was done.

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Hey, glad to see you're back!

    Sure, there will still be feelings between the two, but ask youself this question, would you tell your ex not to see a particular person and would you allow you ex to tell you who you could and couldn't see?

    On top of that, it's totally out of character for either one of them to act they way they are. I can understand that feelings do still exist, but compare this to the mind-boggling portray's they had AvsX and AvX Consequences. How did they get to this point after those clumsy attempts at dealing with the marriage? Whatever hope Marvel is giving towards reconciliation is false hope at this point. They are making them both look foolish. How can there be hope of reconciliation when they can't even be in the same room for more than two pages to discuss it?
    Thanks Marvel!!!! You as well.. I love how unbiased you are with your criticisms of both characters and their fans too btw :)

    Me personally, I would never tell my ex who he should be with.. but im sure we have made some silly requests especially if both people were trying to keep things amicable.

    I can't argue with you last point. THe break-up the marriage, it all was handled pretty badly, but a writer can't just throw the events under the rug. It has to be addressed at some point.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-18-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    The last Raindrop....

  7. #2707
    I am Rabum Alal Victor Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Perhaps Storm and BP fail to acknowledge much of AvX as many of our posters do.
    AVX was a disaster. At least Marvel Now is pretty good. I'm happy about cosmic leanings of the new status quo.

  8. #2708
    Senior Member butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It's Roland's fantasy. Alt Storm's have been with different people he listed but Storm has never cheated on T'challa because she simply wanted to. In Roland's world Storm has been cheating on T'challa since they got married. Don't take it personally he's been saying that for years and will continue to.

    Anywho Hickman is doing an amazing job.

    o
    Thanks O for the clarification. You writing is very "familiar" do I know you from CV as someone else?
    The last Raindrop....

  9. #2709
    I am Rabum Alal Victor Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post
    ROFL
    I LOVE THIS
    Just read NA 2, excellent comic
    I laugh every time I see that post.

  10. #2710
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    AVX was a disaster. At least Marvel Now is pretty good. I'm happy about cosmic leanings of the new status quo.
    Yeah me too. Like I said, everyone else has moved on except some writers. I'm so happy to be an Avengers fan right now.

    @FLEX. Don't worry, we won't forget the sins of the past anytime soon. But I still gotta give Hickman his props for what he's doing not only with BP but with the Avengers as well. I haven't felt this excited about BP and Avengers for along time. If only I could get Hickman to write a solo Black Panther title and Iron Man as well. I'd babysit his pet tiger.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  11. #2711
    I am Rabum Alal Victor Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah me too. Like I said, everyone else has moved on except some writers. I'm so happy to be an Avengers fan right now.

    @FLEX. Don't worry, we won't forget the sins of the past anytime soon. But I still gotta give Hickman his props for what he's doing not only with BP but with the Avengers as well. I haven't felt this excited about BP and Avengers for along time. If only I could get Hickman to write a solo Black Panther title and Iron Man as well. I'd babysit his pet tiger.
    Agreed-- not for everyone but I'm loving all the Avengers titles sans Assemble-- which I just have not gotten around too.

    Hickman's Avengers books.
    Secret Avengers
    Dark Avengers
    Avengers Arena
    Young Avengers

    Yes it's a great time to be Avengers fan, that's not counting the movies, games and T.V shows.

  12. #2712
    Senior Member Booshman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Tchalla was in fact in the Marvel Vs Capcomn3 in the credits when you beat the game with STorm. They share a good moment together at the end.
    And when you KO Storm with a light attack that doesn't knock her off her feet, she says "T'challa...avenge me..." before she falls to her knees and slumps over. Seems like Capcom (a third party) was more supportive of the couple than the X-writers were.

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    As far as them using T'challa to prop logan though I couldn't disagree with you more. That preview showed Tchalla intellectual prowess over O'roro, and then you have that juxtaposed to Logan being shown as stumbling alcoholic who needs support from a telepath to combat his alcoholic ways. If anything the opposite was done.
    And all that was erased/made irrelevant when he completed his appearance by going in the opposite direction, when he acted out of character and begged Storm not to sleep with Logan. Even in his drunken state, Logan comes off as "the winner", since Aaron has huge man-crush on the character.
    Last edited by Booshman; 01-18-2013 at 05:37 PM.

  13. #2713
    Senior Member butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    And when you KO Storm with a light attack that doesn't knock her off her feet, she says "T'challa...avenge me..." before she falls to her knees and slumps over. Seems like Capcom (a third party) was more supportive of the couple than the X-writers were.



    And all that was erased/made irrelevant when he completed his appearance by acting out of character, by begging Storm not to sleep with Logan. Even in his drunken state, Logan comes off as "the winner", since Aaron has huge man-crush on the character.
    he didn't beg her.. he just asked.. he didn't say "please baby please don't f*ck logan"... he wants her to be happy and to be with something better than that low life.. i think he called it right.
    The last Raindrop....

  14. #2714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    he didn't beg her.. he just asked.. he didn't say "please baby please don't f*ck logan"... he wants her to be happy and to be with something better than that low life.. i think he called it right.
    I will buy an X-book if Yukio shows up. That I would buy..>Storm with Wolverine..then Yukio appears looking to take Storm out to party. Talk about heart break.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

  15. #2715
    I am Rabum Alal Victor Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well in O'roro's defense, T'challa interaction with the DM didn't help either, but flirting i agree is wrong.

    Tchalla was in fact in the Marvel Vs Capcomn3 in the credits when you beat the game with STorm. They share a good moment together at the end. It is also good Tchalla is getting his due credit. He definitely deserves it.

    As far as them using T'challa to prop logan though I couldn't disagree with you more. That preview showed Tchalla intellectual prowess over O'roro, and then you have that juxtaposed to Logan being shown as stumbling alcoholic who needs support from a telepath to combat his alcoholic ways. If anything the opposite was done.



    Thanks Marvel!!!! You as well.. I love how unbiased you are with your criticisms of both characters and their fans too btw :)

    Me personally, I would never tell my ex who he should be with.. but im sure we have made some silly requests especially if both people were trying to keep things amicable.

    I can't argue with you last point. THe break-up the marriage, it all was handled pretty badly, but a writer can't just throw the events under the rug. It has to be addressed at some point.
    Fair points-- but as Boosh said, in spite of what you mentioned, Logan comes off with the win--after all it's his book. Remember i made the orginal point about acting out of character and love--yet the endgame of this all--tells me that is not the result being sought.

    About Capcom, indeed a credit and not a actual playable character--though I will agree with the premise of your point. At least they supported the marriage--more so then you could say about other factions in marvel publishing.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •