Page 153 of 213 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3194
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    New Avengers #2 preview (T'Challa bad-assery related)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14828
    Daaaaaammmnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Meh...as delightful as it would be to see Namor get his just due...this is Marvel, T'Challa is just issuing an "empty threat".

I would have been much more impressed if T'Challa had simply said "...I will make you pay."
    That way, we can expect some sort of awesome payback that would truly hurt Namor and which wont be/cannot be retconned/forgotten.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 01-10-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Meh...as delightful as it would be to see Namor get his just due...this is Marvel, T'Challa is just issuing an "empty threat".

I would have been much more impressed if T'Challa had simply said "...I will make you pay."
    That way, we can expect some sort of awesome payback that would truly hurt Namor and which wont be/cannot be retconned/forgotten.
    The other side of the coin is that given how issue #1 played out and many who really hadn't read Panther began to warm up to him most likely won't sit back if he's in the end chumped out and Hickman knows people are watching him just for that reason alone. It will be interesting to see if any of the others on the team will comment on those two being in the same room( I assume Reed will be the first )

If Marvel truly intends to move forward with BP in the greater media arena he'll definitely serve Namor up in some method. A legit "non-BS" win over Namor will help push his credibility to potential fans and others that haven't absorbed all the haterade.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

I don't think Hickman would have laid it out there if he hadnt already planned on how that is gonna go. He's notorious for plotting his series/storybeats out years in advance. My prediction is that Namor does something that completely redeems him or if not then BP actually darn near kills him, gets the best of him. The volatile dynamic sure adds to the drama.

What would be dope is if BP does something that forces Namor's hand against his own people and ultimately crushes his rule, spirit, and self worth completely. In leiu of death, I'd could deal with Namor reverting to his drunken, homeless, inconsequential version.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    The other side of the coin is that given how issue #1 played out and many who really hadn't read Panther began to warm up to him most likely won't sit back if he's in the end chumped out and Hickman knows people are watching him just for that reason alone. It will be interesting to see if any of the others on the team will comment on those two being in the same room( I assume Reed will be the first )
    And that's just the thing...We the fans are closely watching wot transpires. And as wicked and intense as it sounded/looked on the page, and given the certainty with which the statement was made...we all know Namor is not going to be killed. It becomes an expectation (for the reader) that will never be fulfilled. And all we can hope for is a resolution that at least would be far better than wot we got at the end of DW between Doom and T'Challa.
    Sun and Moon
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    What would be dope is if BP does something that forces Namor's hand against his own people and ultimately crushes his rule, spirit, and self worth completely. In leiu of death, I'd could deal with Namor reverting to his drunken, homeless, inconsequential version.
    Exactly.
    T'challa did not need to be so specific as to "promise" death. At this point, death is too good, too easy for Namor.
    Sun and Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    This would actually be pretty nice to see.. What things do you think BP could do to somehow propel this idea?
    The last Raindrop....

And that's just the thing...We the fans are closely watching wot transpires. And as wicked and intense as it sounded/looked on the page, and given the certainty with which the statement was made...we all know Namor is not going to be killed. It becomes an expectation (for the reader) that will never be fulfilled. And all we can hope for is a resolution that at least would be far better than wot we got at the end of DW between Doom and T'Challa.
    No one believes Namor will die, myself/Majestic even said as much way back and Hickman himself said so on his fs, this at the most can lead to a scene with BP saying something of "I know I said I'd kill you but this is more fitting for you". I saw that scene as BP controlling his rage with a little of it slipping out through his words the more time he spent standing in front of him, notice that when Namor goes on his little spiel about the first Illuminati meeting BP continues with his directions in both to restrain himself for the greater good until at that last second

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    No one believes Namor will die, myself/Majestic even said as much way back and Hickman himself said so on his fs, this at the most can lead to a scene with BP saying something of "I know I said I'd kill you but this is more fitting for you". I saw that scene as BP controlling his rage with a little of it slipping out through his words the more time he spent standing in front of him, notice that when Namor goes on his little spiel about the first Illuminati meeting BP continues with his directions in both to restrain himself for the greater good until at that last second
    I think the best revenge for T'Challa against Namor would be

a) T'Challa becoming ruler of Atlantis thus Namor becoming subserviant to him.
    b) T'Challa beating Namor's butt in a serious knock down, drag out fight.
    c) T'Challa and Sue Storm hooking up in front of Namor.

I would prefer all three and that would be an excellent B-day present for me. I made a promise not to argue with anyone on my B-day today.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you , MArvell2100!!!
    (even though you cannot see it...right now I am doing a wakandan interpretive dance in honour and recognition of the day you came into glorious being...)
    Sun and Moon

(even though you cannot see it...right now I am doing a wakandan interpretive dance in honour and recognition of the day you came into glorious being...)
    Thank you Imraith! I hope it's a rain dance because we can use it here.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

And right now we are having a bit too much...in our dry season...
    So yes, I will add a "translocation of rain" movement to the piece.
    Sun and Moon

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

i cant imagine what that dance looks like!