Page 143 of 213 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3194
    DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

just hope the haters dont get the book kilt..

its kinda sad really

"bahhh black panther looking good.... 2stars, gimmy some more thunderbolts to read pleaz!"

I wouldn't worry about this book being in any danger for a while. Hickman has sway and a lot in the bank as far as Marvel is concerned. There is an Avengers in the title. Awesome characters will be appearing. Epting is owning it on art. Perhaps many weren't expecting this issue to be so BP-centric, but Hickman had said and hinted multiple times that it starts out that way, heavily involved in Wakanda and BP and previews indicated as much. No surprise here.

Anyways, this was definitely a set up issue (and a show off, intro for BP) and the next looks to continue putting the "team" together and even though we had seen much of the issue teased in previews...it still looked and read gorgeously. A nice start and I expect things to get bigger and more intense very soon.

I enjoyed it and look forward to this sure to be epic run. Avengers has been cool too so if anyone was impressed by this style/story, Hickman's other big book right now is also highly recommended.

Good to see some smiles in Wakandaland today.

NA#1 is awesome, I like JH's way of story telling, he has a cool way of drawing you into the story and in regards to folks whining about having to see to much BP, OH WELL!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

Forgot to mention the opening bit with Reed should get more play as well since you can feel the burden he's going trough from his words as well as Epting's art

Also I see folks calling them "cannon fodder" but I don't recall the last time anyone at the big 2 took a page out of the suburb writer/awesome artist playbook and made you really care about them( if those last words said to T'Challa didn't stick with you then you are a cold piece of work )

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Forgot to mention the opening bit with Reed should get more play as well since you can feel the burden he's going trough from his words as well as Epting's art

Also I see folks calling them "cannon fodder" but I don't recall the last time anyone at the big 2 took a page out of the suburb writer/awesome artist playbook and made you really care about them( if those last words said to T'Challa didn't stick with you then you are a cold piece of work )
    Yes, That was awesome and part of what drew you in, from that you get a sense that some $#!+s bout to get real! and lets not even talk about the ending monologue, sweet!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

Loved New Avengers #1. Can't wait for issue #2. I loved how T'Challa has all this tech and none of it gets explained. Hickman's using it all as the default for the character.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

2013's Panel of the Year (so far).

I thought New Avengers #1 was great, and definitely more interesting to me than Avengers #1. Black Panther had a good look through the entire issue. I look forward to seeing more of this, especially the part where everyone begins talking at this Illuminati reunion on Wakandan soil.
    Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 01-02-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Typo.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

someone just spoil it for me, what happens with Namor? He shows up and says my bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    someone just spoil it for me, what happens with Namor? He shows up and says my bad?
    That panel is all that happens with Namor.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Memento Mori- Remember your mortality.

The critics had to say something- it's too slow, not action packed enough, too much emphasis on BP. Then again to be reading stories for all these years and not understand a simple character dilemma setup is rather strange to me. The guy who said that the Illuminati was not good, that he was above it all now has to eat 'humble pie'.

Well that is one intriguing character already in the pot. I wonder what is brewing in the minds of the other members of this mishmash of egos and agendas?

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

I do not understand any criticism of this book unless you identify your bias as he reason

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    That panel is all that happens with Namor.
    Yeah, it's just foreshadowing their upcoming reckoning. It's a pretty strong panel in its proper context inside the book.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Memento Mori- Remember your mortality.

The critics had to say something- it's too slow, not action packed enough, too much emphasis on BP. Then again to be reading stories for all these years and not understand a simple character dilemma setup is rather strange to me. The guy who said that the Illuminati was not good, that he was above it all now has to eat 'humble pie'.

Well that is one intriguing character already in the pot. I wonder what is brewing in the minds of the other members of this mishmash of egos and agendas?
    No No No...LMS...that will not do. You should not have been left to "wonder" at such things.

Every(all six) Illuminatii member should have been written and illustrated "airing" their thoughts and feelings about each other and the impending doom for at least 3/4 of the book. Black Swan then makes her dastardly appearance in the last 1/4 to herald mayhem and death which results in the members resoundingly crying out ILLUMINATII ASSEMBLE!!! on a last page "Splash".

Because clearly...that is the epitome of groundbreaking and stellar storytelling.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Wow wow wow! This was awesome! I loved every minute of it! I with this could be double shipped!

I'm sorry a person not liking BP as a character should not be a reason to pan a book where he is the protagonist. If one set's their bias aside this is a great issue.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    just hope the haters dont get the book kilt..

its kinda sad really

"bahhh black panther looking good.... 2stars, gimmy some more thunderbolts to read pleaz!"
    Nah I don't think it's gonna happen.