Page 137 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3194
  1. #2041
    DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    3,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The SilverZeal collectives mode of expression is unique and nuanced in its own special way.

    I never have problems understanding what they're saying.

    I always try to unlock the code and figure out what keys they are missing. I think it may be more some don't work all the time. Even if I had a address, I wouldnt send them a new keyboard. I mean I would, but I wouldn't want them to loose it


    Reason or not, SZ has a style I enjoy. I always enjoy seeing their posts in other places and how the interaction takes place. The one consistent is he/they/she/SZ observation is always directly on point and treats people beyond well





    D'jango unchained? Anybody see it ? I'm a big QT fan. I'll wait for home release to see it, but I picked up the vertigo book. Really thought it was, fun, but I'm not sure that's the right word

  2. #2042
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    can someone please help me out? is black panther allowed to date a white woman? i am not familiar with wakanda law.
    He already has in Priest's run....betta question is- must he date a White woman in order 4 him 2 hv a well supportd & validated relationship?

    #1 Hint: Hw many prominent non-Caucasian couples whr both d male & female r non- Caucasian do u know of in Marvel(or DC)?

    #2 Hint: Hw cum d only validated & prominent same race couple in Marvel(& DC) r only Caucasian(no non- Caucasian same race couples)?

    Our/SZ preferences 4 BP/Tchalla right now is either Rambeau/Photon or d nu Capt. Universe....BSW can huk-up with Reed, Beast(has he evr bn given a love life?) or join Bolts plethora of wives.

  3. #2043
    DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    3,668

    Default

    Beast gets down and dirty with Abigail brand, the SWORD lady

  4. #2044
    Junior Member Etoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Zambia, Africa
    Posts
    439

    Default

    My question: is it important for Black Panther to be in a relationship right now? Does a relationship really help the character to thrive and progress?
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    .

  5. #2045
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    I always try to unlock the code and figure out what keys they are missing. I think it may be more some don't work all the time. Even if I had a address, I wouldnt send them a new keyboard. I mean I would, but I wouldn't want them to loose it


    Reason or not, SZ has a style I enjoy. I always enjoy seeing their posts in other places and how the interaction takes place. The one consistent is he/they/she/SZ observation is always directly on point and treats people beyond well






    D'jango unchained? Anybody see it ? I'm a big QT fan. I'll wait for home release to see it, but I picked up the vertigo book. Really thought it was, fun, but I'm not sure that's the right word
    Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK

    The SilverZeal collectives mode of expression is unique and nuanced in its own special way.

    I never have problems understanding what they're saying.
    marverll2100:

    Dude, obviously you understand Silver Z so it can't be too much of a problem. Try being a little less snarky.
    Awww...thanx guys, much appreciated.

    @ Redmask:


    We/SZ understand ur query since u aint d 1st or 50th.LOL!

    But we'v bn typing like dis 4 ...well....since we/SZ joind cbr.

    Apologies 4 any inconvenience(though its kool dat u clearly understand wat we type like other in here) but if it is 2 aggravating pls feel free 2 just glide(or ignore) over our/SZ posts.

    Happy nu yr.........in advance!

  6. #2046
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Etoma View Post
    My question: is it important for Black Panther to be in a relationship right now? Does a relationship really help the character to thrive and progress?
    Nope...not relevant @ d moment but it wud b nice 2 c sum kinda relnship by 2014.

  7. #2047
    Junior Member Etoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Zambia, Africa
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Nope...not relevant @ d moment but it wud b nice 2 c sum kinda relnship by 2014.
    I understand that sentiment. I think a relationship would be good for a solo book, but not for The New Avengers.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
    .

  8. #2048
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mankato, MN
    Posts
    528

    Default

    I'd rather not see T'Challa in a relationship for a bit. The skin color of the woman doesn't matter to me one bit. I'd have to trade in my oreo status if it did. And my cousins and my lifelong best friend. If I wa going to choose a color for T'Challa right now, it would be green. Green for Gamora. That's right, oreo mint.

    SZ I love the way you post.

  9. #2049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T'Kyl View Post
    I'd rather not see T'Challa in a relationship for a bit. The skin color of the woman doesn't matter to me one bit. I'd have to trade in my oreo status if it did. And my cousins and my lifelong best friend. If I wa going to choose a color for T'Challa right now, it would be green. Green for Gamora. That's right, oreo mint.

    SZ I love the way you post.
    Gamora would go crazy for Tchalla and that would be a badass couple.

  10. #2050
    Senior Member taozen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the now
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    Chill.



    I feel kind of torn about Illuminati membership at this point.

    Hank makes sense as a supergenius and policy-man, sure, but those aren't the only thing.

    There's also the Infinity Gems.

    I dunno if Hank is the X-Person I'd most like to see entrusted with an Infinity Gem.

    But anyhow much of the decision might be driven by wanting to pull back the reins on certain more prominent X-people in the wake of AvX.

    Mix of personas they have probably will work well for more dialogic storylines anyways.
    To me Hank is the obvious choice for a mutant rep. It is just that the X-Office has not done much with the character since other are way more popular. If you think about his history and his intelligence, you would think that he would be leading a team. Look at what Dark Beast had accomplished. I think that Hickman saw that Hank should be in a leadership role. He was always the mutant liaison to the united nations or some government entity for years. It is about time he was in the spotlight instead of stuck in some lab.

    I will be interesting how each member of the group interacts in light of what happened to Wakanda. I am looking forward to this book. I hope is not took high concept that the less powerful characters get overlooked.

  11. #2051
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mankato, MN
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Gamora would go crazy for Tchalla and that would be a badass couple.
    Even if it was just a short term, friendly,fwb type thing it would be very cool.

  12. #2052
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Etoma View Post
    My question: is it important for Black Panther to be in a relationship right now? Does a relationship really help the character to thrive and progress?
    Not really but I don't make up for Wolverine and Storm.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  13. #2053
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wakanda
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Walks in and casually place the white elephant race card on the flow.
    If you look at the fine print you will see the the following text.

    Begin opinion.

    If the Marvel Universe is unable able to accept and creatively build a Black Power couple on par with the Richards, What makes you think it will be acceptable for a Miscegenated couple to rise and flourish. Let look at it by it's true definition, be they white, black, green, blue, Shiar Scrull, hulk. It doesn't really matter. Marvel let alone Disney cannot even perceive and accurately embody the essence of Wakanda on film.

    Also instead of throwing the Luke Cage dynamic in this (another huge topic) lets stick with BP. He has been treated like crap for the last 6 years (especially under the watch of Disney) I hope this is a change for the better.

    I am not taking anything away from Hickman and I am not being a Debbie Downer her. But the only real reason why I would like to see him in a love interest would be to show the world that he has moved on. (opinion =>) Unlike the disgusting stalking, and skanky behavior portrayed by the presently scribe incarnation of one O'.

    It's fun to fantasize about the prospect of B'Swa. But really my thoughts on it is save the world and the panties will come.

    End opinion

    On that note this is how I would like things to go down.

    1) Decimate Atlantis and scatter the remain of the Mutant King to the 4 corners.
    2) Discover the threat, assemble the team and save the multiverse.
    -Oh yeah and bring back fish breath
    3) Then get the Girl
    Last edited by Panther23; 12-30-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    HE'S THE *%$&#* BLACK PANTHER!

  14. #2054
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    I really don't think Disney Execs care at all what Marvel does with their comics as long as the keep the properties active. That is not to say Disney does not have race issues see the Princess Line.

    As for Richards Family, I find it unlikely marvel will ever build something like that again especially since it took them decades to build up Susan to her current levels, its not like she started as a strong female character and those two started together essentially. Majestik had quite a thread on Reed treating Susan like crap.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  15. #2055
    TROLL KILLA Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I really don't think Disney Execs care at all what Marvel does with their comics as long as the keep the properties active. That is not to say Disney does not have race issues see the Princess Line.

    As for Richards Family, I find it unlikely marvel will ever build something like that again especially since it took them decades to build up Susan to her current levels, its not like she started as a strong female character and those two started together essentially. Majestik had quite a thread on Reed treating Susan like crap.
    Haha! That thread of mine was epic.

    How do I find it?
    Brother Chaos Bringer

    Professional TROLL killer

    Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •