Page 129 of 213 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3194

[QUOTE=Kieran_Frost;16360198]In Age of X; a quasi-event between X-men: Legacy and New Mutants. All written by Prof. Carey, and drawn by Clay Mann. It's beautiful. Basically Legion (who has multiple personalities; all with various mutant powers) accidently unlocks one that can alter reality... and does. Now all the X-men (on Utopia) are in a world where mutants have been hunted down to the final few; and the live in Fortress X; a giant citadel, ruled by Magneto. I won't spoil anymore, because it's an INCREDIBLE story; and beloved by many X-fans. Arguably one of Carey's very best arcs; along with Supernovas. Storm is married to Namor in this reality; where Namor has given up his kingdom to be with her. It's not an affair, because in this reality Storm is not married to T'Challa. Please do read it, it is a glorious story; and so many characters kick ass. Rogue is the lead (obvs) because it's a Prof. Carey story; so if you don't like her, I would say maybe avoid it (which is a shame, because it is amazing)

In reference to her being with Namor in this reality, did she remember it all after the alternate reality was destroyed and chose to be mindwiped, or was the whole thing wiped away from everyone's mind including hers when the alternate reality was destroyed? I didn't read it but I have to say if it was the former that's kinda weak and not in Storm's character...

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Let's all sing along...

I want Majestic on bass, 'Flo on tenor and Global Honored providing background vocals and human beatbox beats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQ1PCP6B0

Sing It!!!
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    In Age of X; a quasi-event between X-men: Legacy and New Mutants. All written by Prof. Carey, and drawn by Clay Mann. It's beautiful. Basically Legion (who has multiple personalities; all with various mutant powers) accidently unlocks one that can alter reality... and does. Now all the X-men (on Utopia) are in a world where mutants have been hunted down to the final few; and the live in Fortress X; a giant citadel, ruled by Magneto. I won't spoil anymore, because it's an INCREDIBLE story; and beloved by many X-fans. Arguably one of Carey's very best arcs; along with Supernovas. Storm is married to Namor in this reality; where Namor has given up his kingdom to be with her. It's not an affair, because in this reality Storm is not married to T'Challa. Please do read it, it is a glorious story; and so many characters kick ass. Rogue is the lead (obvs) because it's a Prof. Carey story; so if you don't like her, I would say maybe avoid it (which is a shame, because it is amazing)
    I haven't read Age of X but it's terrible.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

i'd like to see a more in-depth profile of the University of Wakanda...

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    did she remember it all after the alternate reality was destroyed and chose to be mindwiped
    That is what happened, make of it what you will

Got a itunes gift card so going to buy the last remaining BP books I need

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    i haven't read age of x but it's terrible.
    ha ha ha ha ha!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

William Styron's Age of X.

I keed, I keed. I haven't read the story either (Carey was a fine writer, but I'd lost interest in Legacy by then).

I am a bit confused about the reaction to the story, however. As far as I can gather, Storm had no choice taking part in the Age of X, and her relationship was not based on any secret desires. I suppose I can see how not telling T'Challa about the experience might be a breach of intimacy, but I also don't really see how telling him about it would have done any good. Again, your mileage may vary, but I could interpret Storm's actions as simply not wanting these confusing memories to interfere with her relationship with Panther.

A follow-up question: Does Namor remember being married to Storm? 'cause that could definitely come up in New Avengers.

Hindsight lad

I have to say in reference to this cause I've heard it before, but WHY would Storm be in the Illuminati even if she remained married to Panther? I find this to be a far-reaching reason to say "hey, she could have been in THIS if she stayed married to T'Challa" when if you look at it logically, she would have made no sense there. Unless you also wanted to throw in Medusa just cause she's married to Black Bolt and Susan Storm just cause she's married to Reed Richards.

I've argued this before, but the Illuminati is supposed to be the most influential and best minds in the MU. WORLD leaders and world intellects are present. Storm is neither, as she not only was not really established as a world leader when she was queen of wakanda, (especially with Shuri running around) but in any case would have been redundant with the KING of Wakanda present. Her being in the group would look like she was only there as a service to T'Challa, (which is why Medusa isn't there with Black Bolt) which is partailly what some X-fans ire was about.
    Because that’s the defining concept behind a power couple?

To quote Ne-yo - “I’m a movement by myself… but I’m a force when we’re together.”

Medusa showing up in NA (which I would LOVE to see) would make just as much sense as having Storm there. Just look at their involvement in Civil War…

And Sue Storm is a housewife. Of course she doesn’t belong.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha!
    You caught that, eh? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight lad View Post
    William Styron's Age of X.

I keed, I keed. I haven't read the story either (Carey was a fine writer, but I'd lost interest in Legacy by then).

I am a bit confused about the reaction to the story, however. As far as I can gather, Storm had no choice taking part in the Age of X, and her relationship was not based on any secret desires. I suppose I can see how not telling T'Challa about the experience might be a breach of intimacy, but I also don't really see how telling him about it would have done any good. Again, your mileage may vary, but I could interpret Storm's actions as simply not wanting these confusing memories to interfere with her relationship with Panther.

A follow-up question: Does Namor remember being married to Storm? 'cause that could definitely come up in New Avengers.

Hindsight lad
    Inside joke.

From my understanding Namor had his mind wiped as well.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

In reference to her being with Namor in this reality, did she remember it all after the alternate reality was destroyed and chose to be mindwiped, or was the whole thing wiped away from everyone's mind including hers when the alternate reality was destroyed? I didn't read it but I have to say if it was the former that's kinda weak and not in Storm's character...
    I don't want to spoil it, but when the "reality" is ended; everyone remembers what happened. Emma Frost offers to mind wipe anyone who wishes to not remember Age of X; be it for personal reasons (in relationships outside their 616 world), or due to the false traumatic memories Legion's "reality" planted in their minds; such a the death, torture of murder of loved ones.

I have to say in reference to this cause I've heard it before, but WHY would Storm be in the Illuminati even if she remained married to Panther? I find this to be a far-reaching reason to say "hey, she could have been in THIS if she stayed married to T'Challa" when if you look at it logically, she would have made no sense there. Unless you also wanted to throw in Medusa just cause she's married to Black Bolt and Susan Storm just cause she's married to Reed Richards.
    I've argued this before, but the Illuminati is supposed to be the most influential and best minds in the MU. WORLD leaders and world intellects are present. Storm is neither, as she not only was not really established as a world leader when she was queen of wakanda, (especially with Shuri running around) but in any case would have been redundant with the KING of Wakanda present. Her being in the group would look like she was only there as a service to T'Challa, (which is why Medusa isn't there with Black Bolt) which is partailly what some X-fans ire was about.
    Storm isn't a world intellect, no... but she IS a world leader. She is one of the top mutant representatives (far more than Beast), she's also one of the greatest field leaders in the world (second only to Cap and Cyclops); and one of the world's best thieves. She could add a lot to discussions in being "one of the best" (it's not just about intelligence, hence Namor).

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight lad View Post
    A follow-up question: Does Namor remember being married to Storm? 'cause that could definitely come up in New Avengers
    No, Namor was actually the one to state he and Storm we going to have their memories erased "for the betterment of Wakanda and Atlantis relations." In theory... we've never heard Storm specifically say she is going through with the mindwipe; it was based off Namor's say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i'd like to see a more in-depth profile of the University of Wakanda...
    This could be fun!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-26-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

I see what you did there.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

That's all the proof I need! Now I'm going to blindly believe this with a near religious fervor, while posting scans and ONLY scans that reinforce this "fact"!

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    That's all the proof I need! Now I'm going to blindly believe this with a near religious fervor, while posting scans and ONLY scans that reinforce this "fact"!
    You guys slay me.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    Because that’s the defining concept behind a power couple?

To quote Ne-yo - “I’m a movement by myself… but I’m a force when we’re together.”

Medusa showing up in NA (which I would LOVE to see) would make just as much sense as having Storm there. Just look at their involvement in Civil War…

And Sue Storm is a housewife. Of course she doesn’t belong.
    Hey 'Flo, How ya doin'?
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Hope everyone's Christmas was awesome and you all got everything you wanted.

Now it's just a straight shot to the New Year.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"