Page 112 of 213 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3194
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Anyone picked up A+X yet?
    Picked up not read yet.

So T'Challa and Storm become best friends after the marriage? Oy.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    Man, I disappear for 5 days and have 50 pages of reading to catch up on (from page 62 to 111). Lots of discussion.

I picked up A+X #3 today after flipping through it. It's relatively simple and short, but at the end, Storm calls T'Challa "my king" and T'Challa calls her, "My love."

And then a horribly placed ad. I'll post my thoughts on the issue as a whole later, but I've still got about 15 comics left to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Picked up not read yet.
    Man, T'Challa's a pimp.

VERY cute closure...

What's this ad that caught everyone's attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    I didn't pick that up, so many exciting new releases this week that it didnt quite make the cut. I will definitely be checking out the review/spoilers thread though. As a fan, I am hoping for some way the two can mutually resolve the issues thrown at them. And as a poster and mod, I am praying for a miracle.
    It could always be worse.

You could be in charge of the Avengers boards. Avengers Arena #2 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    Sorry, was away on a business meeting today and catching up on comics, but to comment...

Loeb actually gets it hard...but the difference between the two is that he is just seen as a sucky writer in general. Hudlin was not only seen as a sucky writer by some, (yes I know, not all) but he was also seen as race- baiting. that brings on a whole other level of outrage from some people.

not sure why another writer is bought up when what's been discussed are BP writers. I'm sure if Loeb wrote was hired to do Panther though we'd be calling for his head....lol...

and Aaron's AVX script was editorially mandated, so I'm not sure how much we can blame him for writing that...he probably had to hold his nose while doing it. which is why I never blamed Priest for what happened to his Panther run in the end.

With that said, I can't believe Aaron gets dissed for something editorially mandated when he wrote the excellent "See Wakanda and Die"' which to me was the best story in that run and from what I've read, very well liked on here.
    So was McDuffie, Priest, and (to a lesser extent) Grevioux. I seem recall Hudlin actually saying that McDuffie and Priest warned him that fans were going to accuse him of race-baiting/pushing an agenda.

Even if editorially mandated we've seen writers turn those lemons into lemonade, Liss with BP in Hell's Kitchen, McDuffie's JLA run. Aaron on the hand failed and he failed hard, Hickman's part in AvX was mandated and you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't think his part stands out more then the others based on the quality of it being just flat out good.

Aaron doesn't get a pass just because he not that long ago wrote a good BP yearn, it's more glaring that he's ok with telling a half assed story not caring that he already has the "voice" of these characters

@Fast: the ad is the cover of WATXM where Logan is making out with O
    Last edited by Genki Sudo; 12-19-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I was surprised by it as well.

I didn't like the strategically placed advert, after the last page of Wolverine slobbering over 'O' though.
    I get that they needed to do this, because the storyline had a *hint* with a small "h", of a possible
    change of heart in the future between the two of then. So the need from them to send subliminal
    messages via 'wolverine slobber' that the break was/is permanent was not needed to convince me.

I liked the Issue. But the WATXM ad. was a like Id been Punk'd, LOL

I must have gotten over it because all i did was laugh. Storm needs Wolverine's companionship..just to have something to do ( no pun intended)

What else can they have Storm do? She's Not headmaster. Shes not in Uncanny Avengers.

I mean raise your hand if you thought STORM was going to get an ongoing before GAMBIT.

I know I did.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 12-19-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post

I must have gotten over it because all i did was laugh. Storm needs Wolverine's companionship..just to have something to do ( no pun intended)

What else can they have Storm do? She's Not headmaster. Shes not in Uncanny Avengers.

I mean raise your hand if you thought STORM was going to get an ongoing before GAMBIT.

I know I did.
    Booty calls in Necropolis.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

I know I did.

*raises hand*

I'll lower the bar even further and say "Maybe she'll get a solo book before Jubilee." I mean, she IS "free" now. This is the perfect time.
    Last edited by Booshman; 12-19-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    So was McDuffie, Priest, and (to a lesser extent) Grevioux. I seem recall Hudlin actually saying that McDuffie and Priest warned him that fans were going to accuse him of race-baiting/pushing an agenda.
    Sigh,...PLEASE go back and read and comprehend what I'm responding to before being so reactionary in defending Hudlin, and telling me things I already know. I read all about everything Priest told Hudlin when he took on the character. My explanation was in regards to Onyenkwere asking a poster why Jeph Loeb isn't talked about as badly as Hudlin since a lot of people think Loeb is a bad writer too. The perceived race-baiting, along with some people thinking he was a bad writer, was the difference why. Please go back and read it.

Y'know, some of you guys talk about the Storm fans, but some of you are just as knee-jerk reactionary and defensive as they are...
    Last edited by jabu46; 12-19-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

T'challa totally won that race

you see his calf muscles? son is straight DIESEL
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Even if editorially mandated we've seen writers turn those lemons into lemonade, Liss with BP in Hell's Kitchen, McDuffie's JLA run. Aaron on the hand failed and he failed hard, Hickman's part in AvX was mandated and you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't think his part stands out more then the others based on the quality of it being just flat out good.

Aaron doesn't get a pass just because he not that long ago wrote a good BP yearn, it's more glaring that he's ok with telling a half assed story not caring that he already has the "voice" of these characters

@Fast: the ad is the cover of WATXM where Logan is making out with O
    Well, you've got a point. Yeah, he could have made it a lot better than it was.

Maybe the latest Panther/Storm story that came out today is his way of making it up to us, it was a cute story, though a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

I know I did.
    Why would you think that when she had a bunch of limited series shots that didn't sell all that much?

And do you really think Gambit's book is going to last? They've tried a solo with him before too.

The thing with the Xmen, unlike the Avengers who were and are individuals, is that they really are a franchise and team that were made to all be parts of a whole. You'd have to almost do a renaissance on an individual X-man to make them a successful solo. That includes Cyclops.

The ONLY X-man that can carry a solo is Wolverine, who came out as a solo character fighting the Hulk before he was put into the X-men. And he's the only one that's been given enough of a background and "renaissance" defining (the book with Claremont and Miller back in the day) to have enough character to carry a solo. Plus he's the typical badass type that is popular as hell...