Page 50 of 213 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    I actually just went and made a New Avengers discussion thread with them and the covers for issue #1.

Gat dammit ...we/SZ also just md a thread.:angry:

...ahem...with d nu preview pg u just shared...ahem

Quote Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
    In that hudlin run they mentioned that the royal family had special training which made them better than everyone else, I always took it as anyone can challenge but only someone whose part of the royal family actually stood any real chance of winning the panther mantle. So a cousin in the royal family could be Bp thus still keeping bashenga's bloodline intact. I hope I'm not reaching
    Anyone can challenge or any Wakandan? There certainly not gonna let Mantis be the BP even if she won the title from him would they?

Anyway in the real world space exploration and funding has been slashed in many countries around the world. I don't know why this is the case in the MU since they've got super space ships that can actually go FTL and they were attacked by the Skrulls not that long ago (and the Shiar, brood, kree, etc. at one point or another). I guess it just another case of where trying to match real world progress in books causes some minor plot holes.

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    I'm assuming it's real world commentary on how the U.S. shut down its space shuttle program.

Oh...we didnt know ab dat.

But den again hw r all d huge cast of xcters in JH's Avengers gonna go 2 Mars & bak?

Didnt dey hv a space shuttle in A #1?

D same shuttle Ex Nihilo sent Cap bak 2 earth?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Oh...we didnt know ab dat.

But den again hw r all d huge cast of xcters in JH's Avengers gonna go 2 Mars & bak?

Didnt dey hv a space shuttle in A #1?

D same shuttle Ex Nihilo sent Cap bak 2 earth?
    Superheroes have a ton of space shuttles. Reed has his own very private one and so do the Avengers and Shield and probably a bunch of others and these ones are capable of going to like Shiar, Kree, Skrull space etc. BP in this scan is talking more about governments space programs and Wakanda is probably the only government to seriously have one (depending on if Doom's private program counts as Latveria's or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    Anyone can challenge or any Wakandan? There certainly not gonna let Mantis be the BP even if she won the title from him would they?

Anyway in the real world space exploration and funding has been slashed in many countries around the world. I don't know why this is the case in the MU since they've got super space ships that can actually go FTL and they were attacked by the Skrulls not that long ago (and the Shiar, brood, kree, etc. at one point or another). I guess it just another case of where trying to match real world progress in books causes some minor plot holes.
    Well said & we/SZ agree...althoughits a minor plothole dat can b ignored.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 12-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    Superheroes have a ton of space shuttles. Reed has his own very private one and so do the Avengers and Shield and probably a bunch of others and these ones are capable of going to like Shiar, Kree, Skrull space etc. BP in this scan is talking more about governments space programs and Wakanda is probably the only government to seriously have one (depending on if Doom's private program counts as Latveria's or not).
    Hmmmm...gd point but since u mentiond SHIELD, isnt SHIELD representative of whole govt's or @ least 2 US govt?

If so den their/SHIELD space program is govt funded but as u said...."minor plot hole".

Gdness gracious, we/SZ r just 2 damn excited.

Any1 else catch dat by mentioning dat Wakanda as d leading space program JH has basically re-confirmd Priest's Nyami-class Battlecruisers?

Hmmmm...gd point but since u mentiond SHIELD, isnt SHIELD representative of whole govt's or @ least 2 US govt?

If so den their/SHIELD space program is govt funded but as u said...."minor plot hole".

Gdness gracious, we/SZ r just 2 damn excited.
    Actually SHIELD may no longer have space stuff. Since SWORD was invented all that stuff may have gone to them. I don't really know anymore. Is SWORD a US or UN program anyway? or just super secret and vague about who they report to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm a bit confused.

What happened to all the previous excuses given by Marvel Editorial that Wakanda was the mill stone around T'Challa's neck preventing him from being more attractive to MU 616 NY focused readers?

I suppose Jonathan Hickman is the talisman that will keep the usual haters at bay for a season or two.

Dirty petticoats will be revealed as time goes on.

heads like marvell2100 were advocating having T'Challa and co go off into space on let's explore ish tip at least a year before Hickman showed an interest in the BP mythos so I guess I'll give props to marvell2100 for being a true visionary well before the Hickman on BP hype machine went into overdrive.
    Thanks BCB but we all deserve the credit for continuing to push the envelope and not settling for less when it comes to Black Panther. What some saw as complaints were actually readers fed up with how one of the icons of the MU was being shoddily treated and mishandled. When some where saying we should be thankful for what we were being given, we said screw that, we want better. People like you, Umbra, 'Flo, Greg, Kasper, Imraith, Ratface, Onkywere, Lastman, Moose, Jen, Shadey, Cat, Silver Z, rsreed and so many others(forgive me if I didn't call your name specifically) refused to accept what we considered a declawed Panther. I think this is the most dedicated, fierce thread on the forums. We may fight amongst ourselves from time to time but we knw how to protect this house.

After many posts, questions and letter and email campaigns, I honestly couldn't say whether Marvel listened to us or not but I'd like to think they saw that Black Panther fans weren't going to accept anything less than the best for BP. And while things appear to be heading in the right direction, I don't think we can let up for one minute with our drive to push Panther to the levels that we expect him to be. Mr Hickman took one step forward. Let's see if he can keep going and make that giant leap.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

NEW AVENGERS #4

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • STEVE EPTING (A)

Cover by JOCK
Variant COVER BY STEPHANE ROUX
“WORLD EATER”

• The Illuminati have learned that Earth is the center point for the death of the Universe.

• If this is true, doesn’t that mean destroying it might save everything else?

• Enter the world eater, Galactus.

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    This is good sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

NEW AVENGERS #4

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • STEVE EPTING (A)

Cover by JOCK
Variant COVER BY STEPHANE ROUX
“WORLD EATER”

• The Illuminati have learned that Earth is the center point for the death of the Universe.

• If this is true, doesn’t that mean destroying it might save everything else?

• Enter the world eater, Galactus.

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Anyone else getting an Infinite Crisis feeling from this cover?

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Thanks BCB but we all deserve the credit for continuing to push the envelope and not settling for less when it comes to Black Panther. What some saw as complaints were actually readers fed up with how one of the icons of the MU was being shoddily treated and mishandled. When some where saying we should be thankful for what we were being given, we said screw that, we want better. People like you, Umbra, 'Flo, Greg, Kasper, Imraith, Ratface, Onkywere, Lastman, Moose, Jen, Shadey, Cat, Silver Z, rsreed and so many others(forgive me if I didn't call your name specifically) refused to accept what we considered a declawed Panther. I think this is the most dedicated, fierce thread on the forums. We may fight amongst ourselves from time to time but we knw how to protect this house.

After many posts, questions and letter and email campaigns, I honestly couldn't say whether Marvel listened to us or not but I'd like to think they saw that Black Panther fans weren't going to accept anything less than the best for BP. And while things appear to be heading in the right direction, I don't think we can let up for one minute with our drive to push Panther to the levels that we expect him to be. Mr Hickman took one step forward. Let's see if he can keep going and make that giant leap.
    The truth and nothing but the truth!

@Fast, yeah that(infinite crises) popped up in my head to.
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

Still it is my opinion. As far as you having to deal with you do or just ignore me. My intend was not to dismiss anyones view. Also pertaining to the contingency plans, one would think he would have ways to deal with an opponent. Be it Cap, Iron man, Wolvie or who ever. I wrote the statement " I think (once again my opinion) that he is the best. He has a plan to beat everyone from Franklin to Galactus. And just because people are to limited in there thinking to figure out a weakness that can be exploited then screw them. Shang Chi is good Black Panther is better deal with it." <=opinion

Sorry you took it to assumed that I was insulting you or dismissing you. (This is an apology for you and anyone else that assumed I was rudely dismissing them)
    If you would like to discuss hand to hand combat with me go for it. We can use BP and who ever else as character models and we can come to a conclusion.

Wait-a-minute...d "West abandond space"?

Hope dat will hv sum mo explaining....of course Wakanda's space program remains @ d lead, just curious ab wat has happn 2 NASA in dis context.
    What BP meant to say was "The West has abandoned space exploration".

In the real world NASA and similar agencies haven't done manned missions to the Moon(or anywhere else for that matter) since the 70's.

On Marvel Earth it must be much the same deal. World outside your window and all that. Even though individuals like Reed and Doom go to outer space for the heck of it-there isn't any organized space exploring done in the MU(maverick mad scientists and thier organizations don't count). Even SWORD is only about just protecting Earth from aliens and not truly exploring space.

So the winner of the Panther's challege are gonna becaome space explorers to the star system they were shown.

There may be a little meta commentary there on Hickman's part ...I don't know...but I DO know that there are plenty of Space Buffs out there that wish NASA was going back to the Moon or Mars.

I just bought Klaws of the Panther 1-3 for 75 cents, and I want my money back....:). But really the story wasnt too bad, but the art was absolutely horrible.After reading this Shuri must be a member of the Defenders. Its picture perfect for that take on the character.