Page 47 of 213 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    Did everyone see the new Marvel Previews magazine released today? This time, instead of solicits, it showed little 2-4 page previews of upcoming series.

I'll try to get up scans later, but it features young Wakandans in a contest to win a prize determined by the Elders. At the end, T'Challa announces their prize.

EDIT:

Due to N'Kono's age, presumably T'Konda is Azzuri's father or grandfather.
    Was this one of the previews for New Avengers? Sounds like something for FF.

Also does all Black Panthers come from the same family linage?

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post

Yes...dey do.

D Black Panther mantle is hereditary title of d King or leading Queen of d royal family of Wakanda who r of d Panther Clan.

BP inspiration?

Midnite Tiger(includes 5-page preview art & dialogue):http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ht-tiger-comic

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post

It's from New Avengers. Scans will be up in a minute. As far as I know they do, though Hudlin's first arc suggests that anyone can challenge for it at certain points in the year.

The only order we know for sure is Azzuri->T'Chaka->S'Yan->T'Challa

So, here are the scans. Sorry that some of them are a little crooked.

Last edited by Joe Acro; 12-13-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: One too many pages

I figure if they (ever) make a Black Panther movie they don't really have go and build Wakanda.

They could use Nairobi as a location.

When we see movies about Africa in the states, its either primitive tribesfolk or its warlords shooting the place up like in District 9.
    So a clean, orderly African city would seen as new and as unique to our eyes as an alien cityscape would be.

You could always CGI in the Panther castle and/or a hovership or two in the background to make it seem cooler/more futuristic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I figure if they (ever) make a Black Panther movie they don't really have go and build Wakanda.

When we see movies about Africa in the states, its either primitive tribesfolk or its warlords shooting the place up like in District 9.
    So a clean, orderly African city would seen as new and as unique to our eyes as an alien cityscape would be.

You could always CGI in the Panther castle and/or a hovership or two in the background to make it seem cooler/more futuristic.
    I really liking that look, tribal/futuristic or jungle/alien, whatever you call it. It looks awesome

Groupthink is Groupthink neohuey89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I think that is a good idea. I just hope Wakanda is given that exaggeration that many European fictional locations receive. Wakanda should be ancient Africa on 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Nit to get too far off but Legacy is really that good? I can't get interested in it at all.
    I like it, but that's because Crazy Legion is 8 shades of awesome.

o

Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post
    I really liking that look, tribal/futuristic or jungle/alien, whatever you call it. It looks awesome
    Here here! I to am a fan of the whole hyper retro futuristic look, I imagine any old civilization that has been unconquered to have that same vibe!
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Damn, those pages look so good.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Panther23 View Post
    In reguards to number one h2h
    Just like street fighter games every character has the potential to be number 1. It just depends on who is playing them (writing them) in this case. Black Panther potentially is the number 1 H2H based on his skillsets. Last I checked this is a BP appreciation thread so to me I think (once again my opinion) that he is the best. He has a plan to beat everyone from Franklin to Galactus. And just because people are to limited in there thinking to figure out a weakness that can be exploited then screw them. Shang Chi is good Black Panther is better deal with it.
    uh...okay...dont think anyone said he didnt have the potential to be number one...

I think an appreciation thread is just that...appreciating a character. Not being such a raving fanboy that one cant enter an intellectual or fun debate without being able to handle ANY criticism of the character appreciated, or rudely dismissing someone's view by telling them to "deal with it." It also doesn't mean that everyone appreciating him doesn't have to think he's the absolute, unquestionable best at everything. Fans use comprehensive thinking and logic and facts, fanboys use obssesive fanaticsm and hyperbole. Not to mention that just because a character may have a contingency plan for everything doesnt mean that they all are guaranteed to work. Even McDuffie said the one for Galactus isnt 100 percent foolproof.

And your last line isnt presented as an opinion, but stated arrogantly as a fact. Unfortunately the truest line you said is that it would depend on the writer. So if its an opinion, state it and move on, but dont tell me to "deal with it" just because you have a differing opinion. Cause I really dont have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Damn, those pages look so good.
    Took the words right out of my keyboard.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post

VERY COOL.

Does the thing with the kids almost have a "Harry Potter" or "Hunger Games" feel to it? I also like that Hickman is seemingly involving Wakanda's space program. I wonder if he'll get some backlash on his obvious criticism through Panther of the east and the west societies?

And what is Necropolis?